[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synthetic oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

What's with synthetic oil? My late 80's benz had 10w30 mobile 1 synthetic, and just replaced it with 20w50 conventional, and now all the idling hiccups are gone, and oil pressure is MAXED out. Why would you put this shit in your car if it was not designed for it?
What's the push for synthetic all about? The only argument I hear is that it's good if you're too lazy/cheap to change your oil every 3,000 miles.
>>
>>17378394
Sounds like your engine's worn out, if putting heavier weights in it brings it back. Keep it up, I guess. Might want to try adding something like motor honey to your engine as well, it'll help seal stuff up too. But it's just stopgap measures though, your engine is on its way to the junkyard, it's just a question of how fast or slow it gets there.
>>
nigger you put 20w50 in it of course the oil pressure is gonna be maxed. Oil flow>Pressure otherwise you may as well run gear oil.
Synthetic is better in every way, but your old shitbox was never meant for it, newer engines have tighter clearances that don't require thicker oils and need oils that are really stable and don't break down under heavy load. fuck it imma stop here.
>>
File: IMG_0732.jpg (1MB, 3021x3211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
1MB, 3021x3211px
>>17378419
>tfw you realize every car, no matter how new or old, is slowly but surely on its way to the junkyard
>tfw you realize we are all on our way to the proverbial junkyard
>>
>>17378419
You're probably right, the odometer stopped functioning at 270,000 miles. These particular engines go to 500,000 regularly, when I go to the junkyard, that's what their odometers typical show. The issue being resolved was a idling hiccup every 1-2 seconds when cold, which dropped the RPM. This could be many things, lack of cylinder pressure being the worst possibility.
>>17378436
Yeah I know it was going to go up, because the previous owner thought that "hurr better switch to synthetic". I however didn't expect the oil pressure to be 3 bars. I'm not running gear oil, it's a large displacement V8, with large gears and long chains, something that calls for 20w50.
>>
>>17378457
Wow Deep™
>>
>>17378394
>changed the viscosity
GEE WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
>>
>>17378548
>Polish remover
Did not expect to kek outloud at this thread
>>
>>17378548
Yeah. Worn out. It happens. You're the guy those oil additives at Waw-Mart were meant for. Never want to put that shit in new cars but in your case - go for it.
>>
>>17378548
And don't waste money on synthetic either. Get the cheap-ass Supertech stuff at Waw-Mart too. Synthetic is what you put in new cars, and your car has long long long since passed that point.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.