[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Audio Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: deh80prs_alt1.jpg (38KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deh80prs_alt1.jpg
38KB, 1000x1000px
I want to create a full sound system set up in my car
(currently has two tiny speakers I'll be getting rid of and a cassette deck)

What do I need for a full system?
I'm willing to spend a decent amount on getting a great setup but I'm not sure on the specifics
>>
File: subaru subwoofer 80 watt.jpg (464KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
subaru subwoofer 80 watt.jpg
464KB, 1600x1200px
>>17376521
you could make a transferable stereo to work with most any car
6 inch component speakers
tiny under seat sub woofer

Sony CPA-9C
line level splitter
speaker level to line level adapter

or a low tec second hand head unit .eg sony CDX GT200
>>
What are you looking for OP? Just a nice flat response for everything?
Also what do you consider a decent amount, car audio setups can range from $35-3500
>>
>>17376521
Who else $20 Sony radio with stock speakers?
>>
>>17377127
I just want something that will sound great with a range of musical style, I'm willing to spend probably 800 GBP max to achieve that

A lot of people are saying Pioneers DEH-80PRS is a good option while others recommend buying something else and a DSP but a lot of it is lost on me so specific buying advice would be best
>>
DEH-80PRS Headunit is pretty dated. It has great audio controls but will require a lot more custom shit to make it worthwhile.

Get a XAV-AX100 as a double din. or a Pioneer 4200NEX for Carplay Android Auto functionality. This means it will never get outdated, and you have a good NAV system built it.

Or if you really want a single DIN, I like the Alpine CDE-HD149BT over the PRS but both are good. Industry is moving towards the Double DIN carplay / AA format so whatever floats your boat.

Despite what people say, ALL amps sound the same so long as you use them under their RMS loading.

Get a Precision Power P900.4 (cheap as shit, compact and very reliable) and bridge the two rears for a decent 4 ohm sub.

Run the front two into decent component set. I like Kenwood Excelon or Alpine Type S, but you are spoiled for choice. don't spend too much here, most passive components are way overpriced and perform similar to the ones I mention.

Get a decent 4 ohm amp kit from Knukoncepts and install it. I guarantee you, for around 500-600 bucks it will sound fucking awesome.
>>
>>17376521
Go over to DIYMA.com and do your homework. There are some really smart dudes there who know their shit. And like 4chan, there are bunch of know nothing faggots who do nothing but fuck with you.

Check out any build by SimplicityinSound on that site for ideas. He is a fucking artist and most of his clients don't have all that stupidly expensive shit.

I'd recommend also you google installs in an identical car to yourself to get you ideas. It really helps with all the panel pulling / wiring questions so you can just copy and paste.

Hope this helps.
>>
just cut 2 holes in the trunk cover and put 2 speakers in there and boom you got better sound.
add a cheap 12v home cinema subwoofer under the seat and you are good to go for less than 100$
>>
>>17376521
I can recommend the Pioneer 7800BHS head unit, $120-140, 2v pre-out, 6 pre-outs for your 4 speakers plus subwoofer, great interface and 13 band EQ, not ricey looking, solid volume knob, buttons don't suck ass.

Pioneer's ib-flat subwoofers are dirt cheap and sound great, if you're just looking to add depth and a punch to music a shallow mount woofer is all you'll need, the ib-flat's come in 8 10 and 12 inch variations, the 10" ones will handle up to 300wrms and work in a 0.35 to 0.75 cubic foot box range making it versatile as hell.

>I've got 2 10" ib-flats running @600wrms through a Kenwood 900.5 5 channel amp

Crutchfield has been doing great sales on Focal speakers lately as well, some seriously great stuff from them, avoid anything Kicker/Pyle/Boss or similar walmart/bestbuy tier shit. Prefab sub boxes are complete garbage too.

KnuKonceptz is a great source for all your wiring, stick to OFC for the few more shekels over CCA (copper clad aluminum).

Do some googling, you can teach yourself ohm ratings, what rms/peak watts are, tuning and the like can all be read up on, it's easy stuff if you apply yourself a little bit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.