[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about tuning/tuners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: AP3-SUB-004_gallery_01[1].jpg (150KB, 1110x730px) Image search: [Google]
AP3-SUB-004_gallery_01[1].jpg
150KB, 1110x730px
What do you guys think about tuning/tuners?
>>
>>17376245
Pretty neat, I wish the tuning software was still accessible without paying out the ass for classes.
>>
>>17376245
Boyracer trash.
>>
File: 1485897500785.jpg (55KB, 268x263px) Image search: [Google]
1485897500785.jpg
55KB, 268x263px
>car manufacturer offers multiple power levels with no change to the hardware
>get the lowest level and just pay a tuner to unlock the biggest one
>save thousands of bucks
>>
Makes a lot of sense for very electronically controlled cars, anything at least a few years post-OBD. Especially anything forced induction as a tune can effectively 'unlock' power in car.

On a NA car it's more likely just to fuck stuff up or not be worth the cost.
>>
>>17376245
if you're OK with being price gouged by the jews at Cobb...sure. It's about $800 for the whole thing.
>>
>>17376276
What car?
>>
It's not really worth it. I bought a cobb tuner for my old 04' wrx and had it on the stage 2 93 octane tune. The off the shelf tunes are total fucking garbage. Gas mileage already sucks in a WRX, it got surprisingly worse after the tune. I didn't notice a massive difference in the power or torque, not enough to necessitate spending $950. Honestly, I'd look at ROM Raider stuff and get in touch with a reputable local tuner to actually do it, then altitude and your actual car can be taken into consideration. I ended up mostly using my COBB tuner as a digital gauge read out to watch boost and stuff and do a bit of data logging, again though, not enough to warrant dropping as much money as they want for them.
>>
>>17376245
its gay
>>
I love being able to add pedal sensitivity
>>17376254
>I wish the tuning software was still accessible without paying out the ass for classes.
yeah I'd love to do it myself on my cars, but not likely for me on my newer cars.

for my shitbox I"m going megasquirt
>>
File: 1294163533529.png (4KB, 184x211px) Image search: [Google]
1294163533529.png
4KB, 184x211px
>>17376925
$600 for every gauge you'll ever need and a data logging platform? yeah. I bought it.
>>
>>17379234
>electronic throttle body
Into the trash.
>>
Pretty necessary if you are modifying how the car breathes (intake system/exhaust system) at all.

Also necessary for forced induction.

I've had all of my cars tuned after modifying them and IMO it's worth every penny.

Anyone that hates it in here either doesnt understand what it is for, when you need it, or can't afford in.
>>
>>17376245
Fucking joke get someone to tune it with a dyno.
>>
>>17377820
Not him but the new Civic is a great example. The base model hatchback has the same powertrain that the Si's do and only needs a Hondata tune to make 240+hp.
Stock however the base model puts out 170 something, and the stock Si puts out 200 something.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.