[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What`s wrong with transverse engines again? Even the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What`s wrong with transverse engines again? Even the greatest sports car ever made had one.
>>
>>17374606
it isnt about transverse engines but rather transverse fwd
>>
>>17374606
>the greatest sports car ever made had one
Is it even the greatest NSX ever made?
>>
>>17374606
Nothing. They have less drive train loss and rotating mass. /o/ hates them because they're slightly harder to work on and weren't in cheap 90's shitboxes.
>>
>>17374615
>slightly harder to work on
Which of course depends entirely on vehicle. A longitudinal engine isn't any easier to work on if it's something like an F-body where half the engine or more is recessed under the fucking windshield.
>>
>>17374612

DELET THIS

>>17374615

Literally every fwd shitbox has one, including the MR2.
>>
>>17374606
less weight in the front means less downforce to drive traction to the front wheels. in racing applications, you need lots of downforce in the front to increase the deceleration potential of the car since the front brakes handle more brake force than the rear ones. without an engine in the front you need ridiculous aerodynamics (see: formula one racecars) to provide that downforce, which isn't present in sports cars. having the engine in the back also increases chances of oversteer- understeer is just a meme.
>>
>>17374635

So how come the NSX is so good then? Also explain Porsche.
>>
>>17374621
>fwd shitbox
>MR2

wut
>>
>>17374635
I don't think you understand how weight transfer works
>>
>>17374610
fpbp
>>
>>17374606
There's no reason to hate transverse engines, /o/ is just memeing, just like in FWD vs RWD discussions.
>>
>>17374635
easiest game in the history of "spot the retard"
>>
Torque steer is a thing, ideally you would have equal length driveshafts which is usually not possible with a transverse layout. Adding yaw due to your drive train is something you don't need to be doing.

That said, a limited slip differential pretty well nips that in the bud unless you are putting down absurd amounts of power. There are plenty of other tricks to keep it under control, as well.

So TL;DR is it sub-optimal? Yeah kinda. Is it worth getting wound up and memeing over? Not really.
>>
>>17374606
Literally everything minus the front bank of spark plugs is hard on a transverse v6. I don't get why everyone shits on boxers for being hard to work on, I'd take a stupidru any day over a transverse v6 for just about any engine work.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.