[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mazda mx5 cup edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

my introduction to the miata as anything but a neutered wannabe sports car for hair dressers was basically brought up to speed on this board. i admit i was unfairly a hater of these cars and thought the dudes driving them were lame.

but now i realize that is a normie POV. i really really like the look of the new mx-5 hardtop, but with all the option i want is over $40k (maple syrup dollars), and i cant get over that price with only a 4cyl.

i realize that price is fairly decent for a car in the current year, but isnt it possible to put a stock supercharger on these or put in a v6? why do manufacturers like toybaru or mazda make these great cars and then have the achilles heal of being just too damn slow?

or is it an intelligent engine choice based on weight, chassis, and marketability? im not saying i dislike or have any reason to hate on one. im considering getting one new, and i previously said i would NEVER buy a new car off the lot in this day and age. but its just a really nice looking car and without driving it yet, i get the impression it is great to learn on and handles like a dream.

lets just talk about this beauty. i would love to have one to be able to school bmw and supercars on the track. basically what i want to know is, on certain tracks (tight, twisty) can a tuned mx5 like the race one in the video, driven by a very competent racer, be competitive against a 550hp lamborghini driven by your average youtuber?

i basically want a car that i can truly show that driver ability trumps all at the track.
>>
Heard about it? Getting impressions?

Learning about it from /o/??

My friend, just visit a local racetrack or canyon meet, jump in a well put-together Miata, THEN formulate an opinion.

I guarantee you'll have many questions answered. Oh and
>can a tuned mx5 like the race one in the video, driven by a very competent racer, be competitive against a 550hp lamborghini driven by your average youtuber?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

See that often at Willow Springs Racetrack.
>>
>It's too slow!

You want fast you pay for fast, man.

Factory option, you pay for the option
Mods and swaps, you pay for the parts (and maybe the labor)
High power stock, you pay for the extra gas/maintenance/insurance

$5k craigslist miata, you have fun anyways.
>>
maybe it's not the car that's slow, but you.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.