[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. I have never driven a car in my life (21) due to shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: hondacivic.jpg (33KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
hondacivic.jpg
33KB, 900x600px
Hey /o/. I have never driven a car in my life (21) due to shitty financial situations in my family. Anyway I am making decent money now and am looking to purchase a car. I have no idea what I'm doing so I would appreciate the help of you /o/tists. Is this car any good? Easy to drive? Where can I go to get a good used one that will last me for as long as possible?
>>
>never driven
3k civic, unironically
>>
>>17364919
All the civics I'm finding are over 10k. Where do you people find 3k ones? Show me your ways.
>>
1. buy ~$3k car (private party) with probable low running cost, and get what you actually need, not "nice to have". remember, it's just temporary. you don't need to have the sunroof, or the silky smooth 6 cylinder option
2. follow scheduled maintenance
3. save several hundred dollars a month as if it were a car payment
4. a year later, or whenever, sell car, losing next to no money out side of gas, insurance, maintenance), buy newer car outright.
5. be happy

Alternatively, Put off step 4 until the cost of maintenance/repairs of your car (+ value of car prior to maintaince/repair) could buy something better, or no longer like the car.
>>
>>17364938
Are you a Canadian faggot?
>>
>>17366701
desu I was gonna shit on you and say just buy whatever car you want right now but this is really smart.

You learn to maintain a car, learn how a "lower end tier" car feels like, and then you get to spread your wings as a beautiful butterfly in a newer car that you choose with a greater depth of automotive knowledge to hone your decision. And you'll know how to repair it and not drive like an idiot.
>>
>>17364917
You're looking for an econoshitbox. Won't go too wrong with Honda, but they're not what they used to be. I'd look at the Mazda and Toyota econoboxes first myself. Avoid Nissan, definitely avoid Chrysler, I would only consider GM or Ford if the deal was really good or I knew the maintenance history on the car.

All those econoboxes drive the same. They're all understeer FWD with hard thin tires. If you get into trouble driving one, stick to riding the bus.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.