[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nurburgring pilgrimage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: GlSUFK5WT1GX6jKlESjP3Q.jpg (158KB, 1800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
GlSUFK5WT1GX6jKlESjP3Q.jpg
158KB, 1800x1199px
So, i'm still a college student and my car is 1.4 shitbox so slow that i floor the pedal by default, even in the city. Hits 0-100 in like an hour, i guess it could reach 160kmph if i'd accelerate on high rev range, but i'm not even sure about that. Not exactly a track day car.

Next year i'll be writing my master thesis, later i'll be working, so now is probably the last year of my life when i truly have loads of free time to spend. I'm thinking about a trip to nurburgring, but i wonder if there is any reason to go there with such an car. Is there? Or will i just be a bother for other drivers on the track? Is nurburgring full of x-bows and ariel atoms, or is average day there all about bmws 316i, 100hp clios and other poor faggots like myself?

(I bet there are some kind of sports car rental services, but i really don't want to go fast in a car i don't know at all while risking millions in debt just to pay off car damage, not including burgerking fees for crash. No, i'd rather kill my $5 shitbox than get indebted for life.)
>>
>>17364346
You should see the insane stuff videos
People bring vans buses and even fiat multiplas
Piss off an oilpaki by overtaking him tho
>>
>>17365067
>people trying to put down serious times on the Burger King

>modified gutted passenger bus comes barreling down the track blowing minds and maybe tires along the way
>>
>>17364346
Put a turbo in your car and strip it out. Decap the injectors too with new spark plugs. That should wake your car up
>>
>>17364346

that image needs more jpg compression
>>
>>17364346
Buy some secondhand gear and a cheap motorcycle like an sv650. Not powerful enough to kill you but it'll be more fun than any car you can afford to crash. Plus you can give top tier sports cars a run
>>
can you come pick up a balkanfag, i'll be glad to accompany you on your suicidal death trip
>>
>>17365434
>DHL vans overtaking ricers
>double-deckers doing the same

wew
>>
>>17364346
Just do it bro, people bring way worse shit on there all the time.
>>
>>17365546
i'm not interested in bikes*, maybe with exception of dirt bikes (which won't work on the track). I don't want to 'just' go fast, i want all of the fun that comes from driving the car. Huge, clunky machine that runs on its own is somehow more appealing for me than bike which i'm 'riding' in every sense of the word. I mean, i'd gladly ride a bike on burgerking, but my perfect trip is definitely in the car.

>>17365610
sorry, balkans are way too far away. Eastern europe here, i could come to nurburg in one day if i'll drive ~15h.
shit, i think i'll do it in my shitbox this year. i'll pay, like, 1/10 of miata nb price for the trip, but i really feel like it's something i should do in my life. If running 80kmph in the forest makes me happy, going 140 in the legendary track i've only experienced in racing sims so far should make me happy enough to spend this money.
>>
>>17364346
you must be aware that crashing on nurburgring costs you $ 20k before going there.
>>
File: MOV_0221_000_VP8.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
MOV_0221_000_VP8.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>17366033
yeah, i'm also aware that they charge even for bringing sand on the track if you fall out. my car isn't capable of going fast enough to fuck myself up, and i'm rather careful driver. It's not like i'm going to push my car to the limits for the best time possible, besides i'd be afraid at first that brakes would melt or tyres would overheat.

If (when?) i'll get there, i'm going to spend two or three days, first i'd take some get-to-know laps - then, after learning things like how people behave on the track, or how far can i push my shitbox before it malfunctions, i'd gradually go faster (at least, as fast as my car allows me to). I'm very sensible human being, i think.

That being said, my entire going fast experience is karting and webm related, doing stupid shit in the forest roads. But i'll get better after some (calm) laps for sure.
>>
File: shitbox squad.jpg (320KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
shitbox squad.jpg
320KB, 1200x800px
>>17364346
do it. i went last month. 10/10 trip, would drive 500 miles each way to lap the ring with other /o/tists again.

our squad might have had less hp in total than the lambo that was parked near us but it's not about that, you can still have plenty of fun whatever you take there. driver skill, track knowledge and willingness to push the limits counts for more than outright car performance when it comes to lap times (though i'd recommend you don't try and push the limits if you're new to the ring)

when we went there were loads of porsches, a few exotics and some other shitboxes.

>>17365434
slow zones will put as much a dent in your lap times as traffic will. on the morning when we were there, there were at least 3 yellow flags from separate incidents (breakdown, car in the barriers, suicidal deer)

>>17366033
depends how badly you crash
>>
File: Image-5.jpg (390KB, 1660x701px) Image search: [Google]
Image-5.jpg
390KB, 1660x701px
>>17366126
Reassuring, thanks. Since you were there, is the track payment/getting in "intuitive", or do i need to know german language or someone to bring me in?

I really, really don't want angry german to scream german words at me in some payment box as i stand helplessly in front of seemingly infinite queue of cars with increasingly irritated drivers inside
>>
>>17366189
get the nurburgring app on your phone and pay for your laps before you go. the app will generate a QR code that you swipe at the gate. the only challenge i had was that my car is RHD so my passenger had to swipe it for me.

alternatively you can pay for laps at the ticket office when you're there if you prefer that.
>>
>>17365977
this fire rescue Porsche is kewl
>>
>>17366475
no wonder lauda burned in his car when fire rescue had 50l of trunk size
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.