[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fair Price for a 2JZ 5 speed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Aristo.jpg (262KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Aristo.jpg
262KB, 2048x1360px
I'm looking to swap a 2JZ into my FC, I see a fuckton of varying prices. Some help would be greatly Appreciated.
>>
>2jz into fc
Literally why

Even a shit house sbc is a better choice from a performance and cost perspective
>>
>replace light motor with something with its own gravitational field
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>17364090
Not gonna lie that made me laugh. I just want a big ass engine that isn't an LS really.
>>
>>17364110
Coyote.
>>
I'm in the process of BEAMS swapping my FB, i'd look into it if you want a good motor
>>
>>17364075
>>17364110
>remove very short, light engine
>replace with Nimitz-class fuckhueg long tall heavy engine

If you care about handling, a big ass engine is exactly what you dont want to be swapping into an rx7. Something physically smaller would be much better.
>>
>>
Unless this is a drag car literally why?
>>
You should do a 1J or even an SR or RB20. Will still make great power and be much more reliable than the rotary, but like they've said, isn't ridiculously heavy like a 2JZ. 2JZ is impressive due to its tolerance for big power, but is overkill and functionally less capable than a lighter engine producing less power.
>>
File: aristo drift.jpg (189KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
aristo drift.jpg
189KB, 600x600px
If you're looking for a supra GTE good luck man those are going up in price like crazy. You used to be able to get a supra GTE for around 2 grand with full accessories. Now everybody wants 5-7 for just the longblock.

You still have a couple good options though. The vvti-2jz that came in the aristo is pretty much the same deal except that it has variable valve timing, the head design is a bit different (obviously), has fewer coil packs and two shittier turbos. Pretty sure the stock supra gte manifold botls up so you can probably scoop a dirt cheap set of stock twins someone ditched for a single upgrade. You can get a healthy vvti 2jz for between 1800 and 2500 all day with full accessories. You'll obviously need a trans and your least expensive option there would be a 05'-07' 350z CD009 6 speed. Trans itself can be easily found for 600. New clutch for about the same price. Bell housing adaptor kit online for 300 and then you'll need a custom driveshaft. I'd say including wiring, mounts, IC, intake, injectors, supra turbos, manual ecu and piping you could do the swap for under 8 grand without too much trouble. That set up should get you 400 reliable whp.
>>
>>17364237
Thanks for actually answering my question! Would 1JZ maybe be a better idea?
>>
File: vvti 1jz top mount.jpg (389KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
vvti 1jz top mount.jpg
389KB, 672x448px
>>17364262
No prob. I was just finishing up my next response which includes the 1j.

Oh yeah I forgot to get into your other options. You could always buy a n/a 2jz for absolute dirt cheap (500 bucks for a healthy 2jz-ge) and boost that. The internals are significantly weaker on those and they dont have oil squirters so you'll have to build it if you want 400+ hp.

There is also the vvti 1jz which you should consider. They are a bit cheaper to purchase (1300-2000) than the 2jz vvti and they make power easily. Get one of those and the tomei arms m8280 kit for 1300 bucks. That turbo will make 450whp making full boost at 2500 rpms on the vvti 1jz. Plus the 1jz vvti sounds better than just about any inline 6 turbo out there.

Also if you didn't want to run the cd009 the r154 bolts right up to the vvti 1j. Its a good trans that holds power and takes abuse but it shifts like a dump truck and is kind of expensive.
>>
>>17364272
Why not a 1UZ?
>>
File: IMG_20170601_171506.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_171506.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
>>17364272
I'm not the most savvy when it comes to cars in my family, my brother would be doing a lot of hard work here. But I was wondering what the total cost of something like this? Pic related it's my RX7
>>
>>17364304
heavy quad-cam 4.0l v8 that doesnt make much power n/a (like 220whp if you're lucky). If you boost it there aren't really any inexpensive options for engine management and theres definitely not much in the room of aftermarket support. Good luck finding cams, springs and retainers. You could do it (I know people who have fun 600+ whp boosted 1UZs) but it would cost more, take up more space and make less power if you leave it n/a. JZ swap makes more sense imo.
>>17364320
total cost for a stock 1jz swap without cutting corners probably 7-8 grand. You likely could do it for less. 2j a bit more expensive but not much. If your bro is doing most of the work the expensive part of the labor for you will be fab work for intercooler piping and exhaust. If you don't have to pay much labor you could probably get it done for around 5. These swaps start getting expensive when you add cool upgrades to the motor, trans and whatever else. Im in about 10 grand on my vvti 1jz set up but I have a marlin crawler built r154 trans, twin disc clutch and a garrett gtw 3884r top mount turbo set up. I'd recommend keeping it stock and simple for a while. Focus on getting the car running before you go doing crazy stuff.
>>
As a 2JZ diehard, don't.

Please.
>>
>>17364336
>Focus on getting the car running
This.
Gets crazy when you have shit out and think "I'll save myself 50% later if I just wait and get it now" but it never stops.
>>
Why don't you go for a 20b?
Leave wankel cars for wankel engines
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.