[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that car dealers do...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_2325.jpg (42KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2325.jpg
42KB, 720x400px
>>
>>17360503
>I'm sorry sir, the car you're interested in was actually sold last week
Oh yeah? Then WHY THE FUCK IS IT STILL LISTED ON YOUR WEBSITE???
>We do apologize for the inconvenience. I'm happy to inform you that we have a couple others on our lot that are very similar...
NO. Get fucked, asshole.
>>
>we're proud to use "no-haggle" pricing on all our used vehicles, for your convenience

Why does it seem like every dealer now has switched to this shitty Carmax business model?
>>
>>17360503
>Inquire about a Camaro 1SS
>Only one on lot is an automatic
>Tell salesman that only want a manual and could you quote me a special order for it
>Never hear back

Fuck you I'm not ever going to chase a car salesman for anything.
>>
>>17360538
>Why
gee, I wonder why!
>>
>$950 reconditioning fee

Holy fucking shit. First of all, how does it take you a grand to clean a car? Please, specifically break down that price for me so I can wrap my head around where this cost is coming from.

Second... Why the FUCK am I paying you extra to make sure the car I'm buying is clean? Isn't that kinda something you should just be doing anyways? That's like going to Starbucks and paying a bathroom fee on top of my drink so that I can take a piss without staring at fecal matter on the ceiling.
>>
>exist

For absolutely no reason.
>>
Try to sale a sealer coat.
>>
>>17360601
I handle used car reconditioning paperwork.

>Oil and filter change
>air filter
>wiper blades
>detail
>brakes if needed

That's the majority of them

Of course we get some that need $1000+ in work but that's pretty rare
>>
>Work at dealer as a detailer
>Dude in new Hemi Ram
>Celebrates new purchase by leaving 2 strips of rubber on the way out of the dealership
>Hear manager say his warranty is now void

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w
>>
>>17360640
>Flooring the engine, which has rated horsepower, voids the warranty
Fuck this gay world.
>>
>>17360625
Okay. I still don't get why that cost is dumped on the customer though. It's not my job to make sure the car I'm buying is presentable and works properly.
>>
>>17360664
Because salespeople are fucking crooks.
>>
>>17360653
Doesn't really matter. Unless the buyer spends $thousands$ in unnecessary dealer services, they will void his warranty anyway. And even if they "honor" that warranty, warranty repairs either won't get done or will be just enough to get passed the warranty period.
>>
>>17360503
That 4 square bullshit
>>
>>17360640
Usually the manufacturer has a spec for a number of miles you should drive gently to moderately so that the piston rings are able to break in. Usually like 1000 to 1500 miles keeping the rpm below 4k something like that
>>
>>17360503
Here's a good one for you faggots.

Had my Lexus appraised for trade in at a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer, and not only did they lowball the fuck out of me, but they somehow managed to break one of my interior door handles in the process. These cocksuckers then had the nerve to claim it was like that before. Fucking savages.
>>
>>17360815
My dodgey Dakota recommended full rev range occasional hard acceleration for the first 50miles.

Every engine has different break in procedures.
>>
>buy used car at Toyota dealership
>get the extended warranty for about $1.5k extra
>first week, headlight goes out
>call to get it replaced
>"we don't cover headlights"

So they won't give me a $20 bulb after I bought their fucking almost two thousand dollar warranty?

Fucking criminals. Never again.
>>
File: 1480592513869.jpg (216KB, 700x582px) Image search: [Google]
1480592513869.jpg
216KB, 700x582px
>walk in to test drive car
>hand over drivers license
>test drive goes well
>price haggling for car not going well
>about to walk
>they still have my license
>realize I don fucked up
>have to ask repeatedly for my license back
>they proceed to hold my license hostage for 10 minutes
>finally give it back
>next day comes
>dealership calls me
>said they would take my offer
>walk out with the car a few hours later
This happened 10 years ago and this was the last time I ever bought anything from a dealership. I cannot stand the bullshit selling" tactics" they use. You'd think when you just bought a car that you would you be excited and happy, but it's the complete opposite when you're getting a car from a dealership. Never again.
>>
>>17360893
>have to ask repeatedly for my license back
>they proceed to hold my license hostage for 10 minutes

Just tell them "give me my fucking license back". They don't want some guy making a scene in their place of business.
>>
>"Can I get this discount?"
>"I gotta check with my boss"
>Go make a pot of coffee and play angry birds for 20 minutes in the back
>"Sorry man I really fought for you, but he said no"
>"
>>
>>17360911
should have frightened the dealer with calling the police. If they refuse, actually call the police cause that is theft.
>>
>>17360882

>buys a warranty

>complains when a cheap wear part wears out

>waaaaaaah

you sound like a huge bitch
>>
>>17361090
To be fair, I'd try to because depending on the car they can be infuriating to try to replace yourself.
On my Subaru it entails holding back part of the fender while you contort your hand to awkwardly stuff it through a tiny hole, where you can just barely brush the back of the light with your fingertips.
>>
>>17360918
>mfw one time i went with friend to negotiate a subie deal and the manager literally yelled at our sales guy for us haggling so much
>mfw ended up getting it at dealer invoice price with tint
>>
>>17361090
I bought and replaced the light bulb that day, dude, calm your shit

It's the principle of it. I spent that much on a warranty and they come at me with "lightbulbs aren't covered lol" literally less than a week after I bought the fucking thing.
>>
File: IMG_2326.jpg (145KB, 742x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2326.jpg
145KB, 742x738px
Can someone explain to me how some cars are listed so much lower than MSRP? Is it just a bunch of qualifications and discounts that probably wouldn't apply to most people?
>pic related
>>
File: Bastiat.jpg (6KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
Bastiat.jpg
6KB, 208x243px
>>17360664
Think about what you are saying.

You don't want the cost dumped on the consumer. Where will the cost get dumped? On the dealer? Why can't the consumer just negotiate with the dealer and tell him they aren't paying for reconditioning? Why can't the dealer say no, I'm not selling you this car if you won't pay for the reconditioning?

Why does every transaction have to have some douchebag crying to the government about what should/shouldn't be included in the price?
>>
>>17361252
You should never pay sticker price for a car. You can normally get 12-20% off sticker price depending on how qualified you are. Yes there are lots of incentives that can go into that price too such as financing through the manufacturer. (You can always choose to simply go and refinance as soon as you leave the stealership)
>>
File: Arnold.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>17360850
They didn't lowball you.

Since you seem to know the exact value of the car, you should have no problem getting the price you expect somewhere else.

Protip: you never hear Bill Gates talking about how someone lowballed him.
>>
>>17361144
>subie
>tint

Do you vape by any chance? Nice digits btw
>>
>>17361281
no vape, no car meets, no shitty edm
>>
File: Pierre-Joseph_Proudhon_0[1].jpg (154KB, 626x721px) Image search: [Google]
Pierre-Joseph_Proudhon_0[1].jpg
154KB, 626x721px
>>17361259
>le big evil government ;_;!!

if the government is so evil why should it protect property rights, Mr Bastiat? Or is it that you only hate the government when it causes you an inconvenience?
>>
>>17361252

Probably depends on your term. How big of a down payment, how long you're financing and at what percentage. Just speculation here.
>>
>>17361259
>Where will the cost get dumped? On the dealer?

Yes. I don't think it's asking too much for the cars on your lot to be reasonably presentable and in working condition. How does that makes me a crybaby douchebag?

>Why can't the consumer just negotiate with the dealer and tell him they aren't paying for reconditioning?

Yeah. Good luck with that.
>>
>>17361057
A sympathetic judge would probably entertain false imprisonment... Never detain somebody unless you have a clear lawful right to.
>>
File: Rothbard.jpg (16KB, 220x318px) Image search: [Google]
Rothbard.jpg
16KB, 220x318px
>>17361290
>reddit, reddit, reddit
>govt protect property rights

It shouldn't.
>>
>>17361298
>It shouldn't

excellent, now give me your wallet, it's mine now
>>
>>17361269
>They didn't lowball you

How would you know? You don't know what I payed for the car, and you don't know what they offered me.
>>
>>17361294
If one dealer won't eliminate the fee, then another might. If none of them will, then maybe it's a necessary cost of purchasing a car. If you don't like it, maybe you should buy cars and recondition them yourself so you can save on the fee.

>>17361312
>thinks that if the govt wasn't there to protect my property, that he would be able to steal property

Even though the govt supposedly protects property, people still get shot trying to rob homes. Good luck with that.
>>
>>17361260
>>17361293
So if I walked into that VW dealer and said I want this GTI for its listed price of $21,777, what would they likely tell me? Is it just bait?
>>
>>17361326
You're right. I don't.

They offered you a price that was below the actual price of the car, which you know, and they apparently do not. So I am sure you immediately went elsewhere and found a purchaser who could offer the actual price. But to call it a lowball is to imply that you HAD to take that price, and the reality is that you didn't have to take it.
>>
>>17361338
It's only lowballing if they're holding a gun to your head? I'm confused.
>>
>>17361331
>he belives that burglars wouldn't commit manslaughter if there were no penalties for it

lel, imagine being this naive, If I knew that there was no authority capable of punishing me for killing you, what makes you belive that I won't kill you before entering your home first?

ancaps are really fucking autismal
>>
>>17361351
Ignore him, he's some faggot that's either baiting or he works for a dealership
>>
>>17361351
If you had an ounce of gold and tried to sell it, and someone offered you $2 for it, you would just go somewhere else and sell it for $1,266 (current spot price). No need to complain about being "lowballed" because there are plenty of other buyers out there. However, when it comes to cars, people incessantly complain about being lowballed even if there are no other buyers at the price they expect. The dealer does a huge service by creating a market for cars that wouldn't otherwise exist. Most people do not have have the expertise to go out and refurbish a car and sell it to strangers.

>>17361356
>the only thing keeping him from murdering people is the govt

The risk of getting killed is very high once you kill someone, govt or no govt.
>>
File: IMG_3603.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3603.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>>17360503
>ask about manual green Chevy ss at a dealer in the next state
>still there
>ask if they'll hold it for a couple days for me to fly out and pick it up on Saturday
>they say sure, it's all yours
>Friday evening, get text from salesman saying "sorry, we sold it. We have an orange one though if you want it"
>Fuck no, especially not from those assholes who'll sell a car out from under me
>Find another manual one in white in the next state over the other way, call them
>They hold it for me for a week, flew out to go get it the next Saturday

>Get text from first dealer 2 weeks later
>"Hey we still have that green one if you want it, the other guy backed out"
>Tell them no thanks, I already bought one from someone else
WTF were they thinking?
>>
>>17361387
>the risk of getting killed
yes, good luck finding a masked man lel

>being this autismal
>>
>>17361388
They thought they could get a bidding war on it, sales managers and salesmen are idiots with dollar signs in their eyes
>>
>going to a dealer
Let go of your conscious self. Revert to something more savage, primal. Let your aggression flow. Then enter the dealership as a wild animal. Have a couple of drinks first if that helps.
>>
>>17361407
Well they lost out on that sale entirely then, zero dollars is not better than the $43k they would have gotten.
>>
>>17361423
White is superior anyway.
>>
>>17361387

One of the greatest cancers of the internet are dumb fucks who think that their definition of words is the correct one.

You are one of those people.
>>
>>17361448
racist ass cracka
>>
>>17361260
But haggling is such a hassle for a poor millennial like me :( they should just make the price on the sticker the one you REALLY pay to avoid it.
>Someone actually said this to me one time
And kids are they're better with money than gen X and boomers.
>I'd rather pay way more money for something so I don't have to argue with someone for thirty minutes
>Confrontation frightens me because I have zero testosterone
Millennial genocide when?
>>
File: 2016-Chevy-SS-Review - 1.jpg (610KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Chevy-SS-Review - 1.jpg
610KB, 1600x1066px
>>17361448
I dunno, it's a really nice green.
>>
>>17361387
You have to be fifteen, I refuse to believe otherwise
>>
>>17361473
You're basically advocating for this "no haggle" bullshit that every dealer is doing nowadays. Just awful. You try to negotiate by bringing up flaws with the car, and they just tell you it's already factored into the price. Bullshit.
>>
>>17361488
>Advocating
No?
>>
>>17360503
Act autistic when you hint to them that you're paying cash.
>>
>>17360850
>takes it to a shitty American car dealer
And you wonder why some redneck broke your interior door handle.
>>
>>17360882
>buys a toyota
>can't fix the headlight bulb
Boy, you are fucking useless.
>>
>>17360520

FPBP
>>
>>17361502
I was interested in an Audi they had on their lot, and it was some brown guy named Waqas. Not sure what particular ethnicity he was. Hispanic maybe.
>>
looking at a car listed at $18500. The car has been on the lot for 87 days now. I gave them a offer for $18000 cash off the lot, they said they can only do $19000 off the lot. Do you think they will fold with waiting longer?
>>
>>17361526
Some long legged pissed off Puerto Rican
>>
>>17361531
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>17361537
how so?
>>
>>17361493

>haggling is such a hassle
>they should just make the price on the sticker the one you REALLY pay to avoid it

How is this not advocating for no haggle pricing? That's what they do. They claim that they've done all this research and are giving you the best up front price.
>>
>>17361460
>"one of the greatest cancers on the internet just happens to be this thing that I pointed out in this thread on 4chan"

Reddit faggot, confirmed.
>>
>>17361387
You're just fucking retarded, mate
>>
That back-and-forth to the manager bullshit.

It got so bad one day I took the paperwork the salesman had, wrote $30,000 on the bottom line, handed him a $30,000 check told him he had one more shot to "talk to his manager". They took it.
>>
File: sspread.jpg (13KB, 100x254px) Image search: [Google]
sspread.jpg
13KB, 100x254px
>>17361474
We don't care for this kind of stuff here faggot.
>>
>>17361921
Not my picture, Google images
>>
>>17361399 >>17361460 >>17361485 >>17361550
Oh look, the average idiot who doesn't understand basic economics
>>
>>17361921
>Google Images
thanks for sharing
>>
>>17361966

>words only mean what *I* think they do
>>
>Tank of gas and mud flaps right now if you buy this $55k truck.

My dealership salesman always does this and it always works. The customer buys it thinking they got a good deal. They come back next week with the truck for some odd ball reason cause it's a buy back.
>>
>>17360576
Escalate to the sales manager, and if you need to, the owner
>>
>>17361233
I paid for a 75k bumper to bumper. Should be covered.. this guy is spot on
>>
>>17361233

>telling me to calm my shit
>complaining that a wear item isn't covered under warranty

did you even read the warranty terms before signing them? the time to complain about what is and isn't covered was before you signed the paperwork, if you failed to read the conditions then that's on you
>>
>>17361259
If it's a used car take that cleaning price up with the seller. If Wanda is selling her old suv and it's trashed inside then tell her word for word, "your car is a rolling biohazard. I'll happily buy it from you, but the $4000 asking price will be more like $3500 you are being paid because it's going to take $500 to make this turd presentable."

Problem solved. I'm not paying for you all to do your job and you as a business aren't out footing that cleaning bill.
>>
What happened to the days where a dealership only had a few floor demo models to look at, then if interested, you fill out an order form with a bunch of check boxes and you check the colors and options you want.
>>
>>17361289
I'm proud of you
>>
Dealership used cars are usually turds, just buy from private seller.
>>
>>17362340
Buy here pay here outfits that are run out of a trailer match that description, but most big franchise shops sell only good shit from trade-in and auctions

t. worked at a Big Franchise dealer
>>
>>17360664>>17361294

every production cost for every product has always been passed onto the consumer. Literally anything on the face of the planet if you made it more expensive to produce it would raise the sales price.
>>
>>17361488
This shit right here. FUCKING BULLSHIT MOTHERFUCKER. If this is their honest no haggle approach then they should have it all written and transparent for the buyer to see the problems and discount associated with it.
>>
>>17361531
I dont get it why are they raising the price on this guy?
>>
>>17361635
Whats the point of the back and forth crap? Why do they do this?
>>
>>17361399
>>17361460
>>17361485
>>17361550
you're retards

>>17361966
this dude is right. basic concept in economics is things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. You'd be getting lowablled if I offered you 2k for your ride and the general market was willing to pay 10k. If no one is willing to pay more than a couple grand then the 2k is not a lowball it is what it is and that's waht your car is worth.

Furthermore, obviously a dealership isn't going to give you marketvalue, they would lose money reselling it AT MARKET VALUE. they have fucking overhead costs to cover they need to know they can make minimum 10% and the longer it sits o nthe lot the more its costing them.

If you couldn't find an offer that was ~50% higher than what the dealership offered you then they didn't lowball you

being educated feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1482822399349.jpg (388KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1482822399349.jpg
388KB, 1284x980px
>>17361532
>>
>>17360503
>Worked in Service Department
>Customer has nitrogen filled tires
>asks if he can use regular air compressor to fill tires
>Before I can reply Jew manager chimes in saying "IF your car came with nitrogen filled tires then you should only ever fill them with nitrogen by a qualified dealership.
>just standing there listening to this asshole lie to a customer
>after manager finally leaves, tell customer that tires are tires and they don't care if they're filled with nitrogen or regular air.
>customer asks why they do it
>Respond to customer "it's a sales gimmick" designed to take your money
>IT only benefits F1 drivers with cunt hair level tolerances.
>customer tips me a fiver for the honesty.
>>
>>17360609
Yes because every single person who buys/needs a car are autistic /o/ virgins who know exactly what color spark plugs came in a 1989 Honda shitbox.
>>
>>17360774
lol. I bet you're in a fucking union.
>>
>>17361413
I identify with this
This is my mindset for dealing with companies like Comcast
Let go of humanity and prepare to lie to get what you want
>>
File: Capture1.png (73KB, 158x159px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
73KB, 158x159px
>>17360520
One time my mom went out and bought a used car without my dad's permission, then my dad went on their website and found that it was still on their website for 5,000 dollars less than what she payed for.
>>
>>17363718
Wow. I bet he gave her a nice shiner and fucked her up the ass. Wasteful pig.
>>
>>17362239
Brakes are wear items too but if they shit out after 35 hours of driving and you slam into a wall that's really not on you
>>
>>17362931
You get to go to heaven.
>>
>>17361470
I'd rather be racist than black.
>>
I never had problem with them
>wanna dirt bike
>do all the research and head to the suzuki dealership
>walk in and ask the price on dr250
>we talk to the woman selling it. >real nice and offers all these discounts
>600$ off price. No registration fees
>Free service work for a year
>Gave me free 400$ helmet
>Extend warranty to 5 years for free
Considering how cheap the bike was it really was a great Discount
>>
>>17365135
Buying motorcycles and cars have been two opposite extremes for me.

I have never bought a car without hassle and bullshit. Bought two bikes and from the time I decided on what bike I wanted to the time we agreed on a price was probably two minutes.
>>
>>17360503
hold on sir, let me check your credit. I'll be right back!
>returns 3 hours later and """""credit score"""" isn't even accurate
>>
>>17361413
I completely agree with this. I am an incredibly irritable, aggressive person and always well researched when I go to a dealership. That faggot ass lot salesman is going to get me his sales manager and the sales manager is going to get me 25% off of msrp with the options I want. There is no chance of this not happening and if they pretend like they're not going to do it, I will immediately leave. They call back every time and I have never not gotten an incredible deal when I buy a new car.
>>
>>17365221
>>17365135
I think it's because bikes are bit more straight forward with the options, it's either you want ABS/tc or not, they don't have options that raise the price up so they are a bit more straight forward.

>Mfw friend bought a new R1 for 10k...
>>
>>17362689

Maybe sales tax is added to the 18500, but when negotiating it's including sales tax?
>>
>>17365282
Have you ever had to yell? Or do you leave before it escalates to that level.
>>
>>17366050
I literally yell every single time
>>
>>17360503
>Things that car dealers do...
Cocaine
>>
>>17365282
>>17366132
w-which city in TX do you live in that you get away with this? Does it help to be dressed nicely?
>>
>>17366138
Dfwish. How you dress doesn't matter as long as you know exactly what you want and can get through the retards heads that all they have to do to sell a brand new car is give me what I want. It's the difference between them receiving 0$ or 30 thousand dollars
>>
>>17366132
BASED
>>
>>17365282
>25% off MSRP
lol. lying faggot detected.
>>
>>17366199
Not at all. It's completely doable on brand new cars, you would know that if you weren't a poor, limp wristed faggot
>>
>>17366215
As a salesman

Source? Bread on hood of your 30k whip?
>>
>>17366452
I can't go to the car right now but it's a 2015 Chevy Malibu that I got for 18k brand new out the door in December of 2014. It's the trim with that shitty blue night time light
>>
>>17366452
Also I only said 30k as a general figure. I only buy new cars for my wife because she drives up to 80k miles in a year and constantly needs a reliable comfortable shitbox
>>
>>17366476
>my wife drives 300 miles a day
envious
>>
>>17366505
No you aren't
T. Delivery driver
>>
>>17360601
You're paying for parts + labor. Emphasis on labor.
>>
>>17366606
I'm envious that he gets 8 hours a day of peace and quiet.
>>
>>17366215
You're a fuckin' liar, bud. Lie all you want on the internet, just don't expect me to let dumbasses think you're telling the truth.
>>17366470
>I can't go to the car right now
lol.
>>
>>17360503
Tale from the service drive
>Work at Soulless GM dealership service drive
>Provide free courtesy alignment checks for every customer that rolls through drive
>It's a pain in the ass and backs the service drive up to high hell.
>Customer comes in for oil change
>Customer is driving on a donut spare
>small victory, can't do proper alignment check so skip.
>Fat lard ass Jew Service manager waddles by "Hey let's run the alignment and see what shos up"
>Fuckmylife.jpg
>Surprise, surprise, alignment is off, because donut
>lard ass manager's eyes turn to dollar signs
>Service Manager shows customer alignment readout, says he needs wheel alignment or his tires will be ruined
>Look at customer, he seems very concerned, actually contemplating paying for the alignment
>Manager gives him space to think it over
>Wait for manager to go back to his jew cave
>Go up to customer tell him the trut
>Explain to him machine is throwing false positive because car is riding on a space saver spare which throws off suspension geometry and you need 4 wheels ad tires that are all the same size before a proper alignment check can actually be done.
>Customer's face, ohreally.jpg, looks at manager with disdain
>manager returns to customer "so have you decided about that alignment yet?"
>Customer replies "No thanks, I need to get that tire fixed first" points at donut.
>Customer comes in 1 week later with 4 new tires
>Manager recognizes him "Back for that alignment?"
>I put the sensors on the wheels to run the quick check on the alignment machine
>Alignment reads perfect
>Manager says do it again
>Check the alignment 2 more times, both times perfect
>Fat ass manager waddles of back to his cave muttering under his breath
>Customer gives me a fist bump. For saving him from a scam. Hands me free VIP passes for the Club he Manages.
>Go to club that weekend, customer sees me
>He tells his bartender "this guy get's free drinks all night.
Sometimes it pays to screw over the boss.
>>
>>17360520
>WHY THE FUCK IS IT STILL LISTED ON YOUR WEBSITE???
You're one of those cock suckers. They only go threw the site once a week or so to take down sold cars
>>
>>17360664
>It's not my job to make sure the car I'm buying is presentable and works properly.
Yes, it literally is. Otherwise you could buy a car blindfolded, if you trust the dealer that much. Take your business to Craigslist. And why wouldn't they charge you for work they did to the car? It's called a overhead/profit, you communist scum
>>
>>17365282
It actually works. If you are 190% a total fucking asshole to everyone in the building, the managers will yell at the salesman to suck your dick to keep you happy. Btw you are a cunt but congrats on the car deal
>>
>>17368673
nicely done
>>
>>17360538
The carmax business model still involves haggling. My grandfather found a used lincoln he wanted to buy at carmax. He walked right up to a sales guy and said he would take the car for 19k and buy it right now, the price for the car was 22k. The sales guy quickly went into his pitch about how they offer no haggle prices because the price reflects the market value with a little mark up. My grandfather just responded with "so you don't want to sale the car to me"? Within 10 minutes they sold him the car for 19k. You can negotiate anything, their "no-haggle" policy is just to fuck people over even more.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (259KB, 750x1256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
259KB, 750x1256px
>dad needs new truck
>go to dealership with him
>2008 silverado SL 2WD, 40k miles, spotless inside and out
>listed at $28k
>dad offers $22k cash
>"I'll have to go talk to my manager"
>walks four steps to a desk with a guy looking at Facebook and talks to him
>fat fuck laughs and scribbles a note to salesman
>salesman comes back with $27.5k
>dad offers 23.5
>salesman says "be right back" and walks back to fat fuck manager
>comes back with another scribble, $26.5
>dad asks why doesn't he just do business face to face with the guy in charge
>"I'll see what I can do, sir"
>salesman goes back to manager
>comes back, "he's tied up with some other stuff right now"
>literally saw him on Facebook when I went to take a piss. He ignored me even though I was clearly scoping out a Camaro SS
>dad offers $24.5 out the door including tax & title
>salescuck gets angry nod from manager
>dad goes to start paperwork and realizes he forgot his wallet
>"Excuse me, my dumb ass forgot my wallet at home. I'm just two minutes down the road, I'm gonna go grab it and run right back"
>manager perks his head up
>salesman: "you're gonna come back, r-right? Aha"
>dad: absolutely son I'll be like five minutes tops
>manager's head perks up: "sir can your son stay behind while you go?"
>dad: look man, I give you my word I'll come back. My house is just a mile down the street
>"Without some sort of collateral I have to void that offer as soon as you walk out that door"
>dad: save yourself the time and cancel it now, dickhead. Let's go son.

Its a shame, I was hoping to see my dad go Vietnam on that dude.

Don't go to Chapman Autoplex in Mesa
>>
>>17361474
Holy fuck thats one ugly ass volt
>>
>>17360640
For what purpose? The dealer gets paid for warranty work.
>>
>>17366476
She must love those "business trips" with Ernesto.
>>
>>17361312
>>17361331
congrats guys you don't need the government to protect your property you're right. we should go back to what we had before, feudalism, a system that ended 500 years ago. I'm sure that will work better now.
>>
>>17368897
>For what purpose? The dealer gets paid for warranty work.
Dealerships don't make any profit on warranty work and service techs get shafted on labor costs. Dealerships view that as a loss because they had to dedicate a service tech to perform warranty work that they don't make any money on when they could have been working on a customers car that had no warranty and be making a profit.
>>
>>17360538
>go to carmax to look at 08 S2000 with ~40,000 miles on it
>looks ok on site
>car has a huge scrape on the rocker panel and a dent that was clearly due to neglect during delivery
>point it out and say there's no way the car is worth the price they're asking with that kind of damage and they should be asking close to 5k less
>10 minute speech on how it's worth it and comes with a Carmax warranty and how they're a no haggle dealer
>laugh and walk away
>check site a couple days later out of curiosity
>the car is 4k cheaper

hmmmm
>>
>>17361144
the funny part here is you fell for it fucking lmao
>>
>>17361252
manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price
>>
>>17361252
>SUmmER MAdNESs!!!
kek
>>
>>17360503
>"there's some very slight water damage, we think it rained while the trunk was open slightly"
>rust everywhere
>>
>>17362700
Pure pressure on the buyer.
It's an attempt to see if he/she folds and just pay whatever they want for the car instead of further haggling.
>>
>buy a car
>in casual small talk, tell saleswoman I'm going out of town the next week
>out of town
>get a phone call
>it's the saleswoman telling me that there was a fire at my apartment building and that she wanted to tell me because she remembered I was going to be away
>offers to drive by and make sure that everything is okay
>thank her for the offer, but tell her my old man has a spare key and that he could take care of it

Pretty weird desu.
>>
>>17367619
Wow man you sure are pissed that someone has enough backbone to not be ripped off by the eternal kikery of car dealerships. I don't drive the car so I'm not near it during the day but tomorrow I'll go put some bread on my Malibu if it satisfies your autism.
>>17368752
It honestly does work but don't expect to be in and out without a few hours of yelling at every incompetent person they send to negotiate with you. If you don't get a call back after doing this at a few places then your offer is unreasonable or you aren't being assertive enough. >>17368936
She does home health so she drives to old people in remote areas of rural Texas. She hates Mexicans and really anyone that isn't white and is god fearing although I fluently speak Spanish and am a devout atheist but it werks. Idk why I'm explaining myself to a jealous 20 year old lot cleaner and two Portuguese bus riders on an extraterrestrial hieroglyphics decoding forum.
>>
>>17369150
She wanted the dick you aspie
>>
>>17369205

She was a 50 year old open lesbian.
>>
>>17360503

I hate dealers with a passion, but only because I don't feel like paying marked up prices for anything. I don't want to deal with their scams, their shit, or anything.

I'm a fucking money jew myself though.

>rarely go out to eat
>order the bare minimum and don't fall for up-sells when I do
>don't feel bad about leaving 20% tip because I barely spent any money
>never go to bars
>don't fall for bullshit tactics at stores when all I want to buy are the loss leader items
>Survive on around $50 of food a month for fun, not because I have to
>drive an old Accord I bought for $550 7 years ago
>repair paint damage with cheap brushed-on ustoleum yearly
>order all replacement parts on Amazon
>do all work myself except oil changes
>get $20 pit crew oil change from Walmart every 5000 miles
>Only costs $5 more than DIY and I don't have to get dirty or dispose of the old oil
>they even grease balljoint/tie rod end fittings during the service
>>
>>17360520
call dealer about an 03 cobra
sorry its sold but we just got in a 2001 gt
nigga what the fuck makes you think i want an 01 gt
>>
>>17368841
When they look angry you just know you made a good deal.
And good for your dad not acting like a chump in that story.
>>
>>17361474
Literally everything about that car screams cheap Chinese shit
>>
>>17368673
Good on you man
>>
>>17361388
>expecting a dealership to hold a car without a deposit
>>
>>17369223
You've got to compromise
>>
>>17366470
>calling people jealous and poor
>buys an 18k malibu
>>
>>17361260
you're on crack if you think you can pay sticker price on a new car with the margins dealerships run at these days.
>>
File: 1456643200101.jpg (71KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1456643200101.jpg
71KB, 1024x576px
>>17361388
Put a deposit on it you fucking dolt. The fuck do you think a dealership is? A magic happyland car factory that just puts vehicles aside for people indefinitely because they say "I might buy it in two days."

WTF were you thinking?
>>
>>17364926
underrated.
>>
>>17365282
Bus riding autismo confirmed.

The second you get aggressive is the second you raise your voice is the second we toss your ass on the street. Until you can buy directly from the manufacturer you're stuck playing our game and sucking our cocks.
>>
>>17368831
Car salesman here. Can confirm.The second someone tells you the "Value Priced" bullshit you ask them if they're selling a car or if they're selling furniture. Just tell them that if they plan on fucking you around to save their breath.
>>
>Dad got his car wrecked
>Always wanted an Audi, so go to dealership to see if they had an A6 Avant
>"The only one we have available right now is the showroom model"
>The car is a good spec, and even though my dad never wanted a white car after seeing this one he likes it
>"Since it's the expo car and the A6 is an older model I can give you 17% off catalog price"
>Say we also want a trailer hitch since the car doesn't have one
>"We can add a retractable one, I can arrange so you pay the factory option price and not accessory"
>Shake hands, a week after pick the car all cleaned up during a nice "ceremony" with the car unveiled under cover, bouquet and bottle of champagne

I don't know if dealerships in the US are all scumbags or if we just got lucky but my experience was very different from what I read here.
>>
>>17369598
Did he recieve a little paper crown too?
>>
>>17369781
No that was when he made your mum cum for the 5th time in a row.
>>
>>17369512
That's just not true. I WILL buy a new car which a dealer WILL sell me, it's just a matter of letting each dealer's sales manager know that he will sell a brand new car for what I want or he won't sell a car at all. You don't have to be belligerent, just very on edge and irritable, ready to snap at everything the salesman says that isn't "let's go sign some paperwork" with anything less than your demands written on them. I still have the paper that I wrote "2015 Malibu, 18k, sold" and my name and number on when Deputy Dipshit came back out with an offer of 22k for a used 2014. To the shitlord saying it was only 18k, it gets anywhere from 40-80k miles a year. I'm not gonna buy her a brand new luxury full size every 4 years, it's just a giant waste. I'll take a picture of the shitbox when I'm less hungover
>>
File: $_20 (1).jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_20 (1).jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>17368831
This is exactly it. It's a brilliant sales strategy too, and there's good reason why so many dealers are switching to it.

For a lot of normies, especially women, haggling can be a scary and uncomfortable process. They're too worried about coming across as a cheapskate or an asshole by offering quite a bit less during a negotiation, and as well haggling against a pro-bullshitter negotiator salesmen can be intimidating. So this "haggle-free" pricing makes them feel a lot more at ease that they can simply choose a car they like, and then not have to worry about trying to negotiate to a good deal, because they already feel like they are getting a fair price (when more often than not, they absolutely aren't).

The other brilliant part of it is it allows dealers to set an inflated price, and then not have their time wasted by morons coming in and offering some BS low price. The salesmen can quickly give them that spiel about about no-haggle prices, and then essentially tell the guy to put up the cash or fuck off. Of course, if the offer is reasonable, they still may take it, but it scares off most time wasting low ballers.

The last truck I bought was actually at a supposedly haggle free dealer. They wanted $21,700 out the door for it. Walked in with cash and drive it home for $17,700.
>>
File: 1465260827339.jpg (12KB, 259x225px) Image search: [Google]
1465260827339.jpg
12KB, 259x225px
>>17361144

>implying they actually sold the car at a loss
>falling for the show
>>
>>17368841
That ad was made in my hometown lol
>>
>>17368673
Awesome
>>
>>17364285
This
>>
>>17361399
Literally stop you cancerous (name/trip)fag your kind has been the demise of this board
>>
>>17368673
You are the first good guy I see on this cancerous board.

May your life be long and your children be male.
>>
>>17362931
Nice job nav
>>
File: how_horrifying.png (167KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
how_horrifying.png
167KB, 444x440px
>>17369258
>order all replacement parts on amazon
>not using rockauto
you are fucking up goyim
>>
>>17373204
I've used both- with shipping, rockauto isn't always the cheapest around.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497101597385.jpg (153KB, 960x568px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497101597385.jpg
153KB, 960x568px
>Reading this thread
>My dad opened up his used ('08+ sub 100k only) car lot last week and I work there
>mfw
I promise not to do any of this shit /o/
>>
>>17360850
>trading a Lexus for a Chrysler, jeep, or dodge

You should just drive it off a cliff
>>
>>17361541
Read his post again you dumbass.
>>
>>17373248
Free shipping+prime is worth more to me than $3.99 2-7 business days dogshit with cockauto.
>>
>>17373285
OH you will, its the only way you'll survive.
>>
>>17373248
>>17373310
yep, rock auto can be a bitch when you need shit asap and no oreilly's/autozone has it. amazon can be good for that 1-2 day shipping. I've got a few parts from amazon but the thing is usually theres no ratings and maybe off brands. never had anything fail on me yet though.

if i order from rock auto i usually do a huge order then google a coupon code that basically makes the shipping free
>>
>>17373285
I run a similar business with my dad and this is what I felt like at the beginning.

Wait until you get a year or so in dealing with your average 300 credit score tire kicker every day. Have you ever wanted to participate in an ethnic cleanse? You will

On the plus side though you'll get to know a ton of people in the business, when I go to buy a new car at a dealer the annoying sales tactics go out the window because they know me and know im an easy if not very profitable sale
>>
>>17361541
I'll just assume that English isn't your first language and that you're not a total fucking retard.
>>
>>17361966
>t. Took econ 101 at local state school
>>
>>17361494
Why is this actually a thing that they always act shocked when I say I want to just purchase the car outright I never understood. Is it that everyone leases or finances, even for 20k cars?
>>
File: XOQM2TS_d.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
XOQM2TS_d.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>17366470
>haha i literraly cannot take a pic of my siberian white tiger pet nor my LaFerrari because they both moce so fast i cant get the focus right haha so you have to believe me haha
>>
>>17369150
Its only weird if there wasn't a fire
>>
>find perfect used car
>pricing requires dealer financing
>as a dealer we reserve the right to obtain financing first either by matching or beating your rate

FUCK. YOU. There's no way you're beating my credit union rate. What the hell is this bullshit?
>>
>>17373379
You're a literal financial retard if you don't finance.
>>
>>17360503
>salesmen who do everything in their power to pawn off their bitchwork on you and try to get you fired when you refuse. they go straight for the new guys who don't know any better
>mechanics who become belligerent and scream at you for replacing their square trash can with a round one while taking out their trash (it's some sort of shop hierarchy thing with the trash cans)
>the used car salesman make fun of every customer that walks on the lot, but only if there are no other customers present. as a worker you hear this
>the suicidal atmosphere where everyone hates their job or is a deluded bible thumper mainlining Joel Osteen 24/7
>the usual normalfag workplace drama, two-faced people x1000
>the 52-year old lot porter nicknamed 'the weasel' who gets enraged when his fat wife won't 'roll over' for him. he tells people he lasts 3 pumps
>the salesmen who work because they love manipulating people
What a workplace.
>>
File: 1488117082345.jpg (76KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488117082345.jpg
76KB, 1136x640px
>>17373454
>>the 52-year old lot porter nicknamed 'the weasel' who gets enraged when his fat wife won't 'roll over' for him. he tells people he lasts 3 pumps
>>
>>17373447
Oh word? Yeah my dad who is a multimillionare and retired in his early 50s is a financial retard you should give him some wealth management advice so he doesn't go broke before that social security kicks in
>>
>>17373447
things only poor people say for 200, Alex

you only finanace if you're buying something you don't have enough money to actually buy. If something costs 10 bucks and I have 100 bucks, I just buy it for 10 bucks I don't give you 1 dollar a month for a year.
>>
File: 1366309504620.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
1366309504620.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>17373541
all the poor people i know finance stuff, cars or whatever
and then guess what? they end up in debt and even more poor than before
>>
I'll only finance if I can make it like $250/mo and 0.9%. Hefty down payment always.
>>
>>17373350
Why not just buy it wholesale from them and then transfer the title to you? Could probably get it for cheaper

And yeah I'm expecting those people too but we're only going to have 3-5 sub 10k cars so hopefully it keeps the bottom of the barrel away. Right now our cheapest car is a 12.5k '14 Cruze
>>
>>17361531
That's when you offer 17k and tell them to suck the cum right out of your dick on command or you walk
>>
>>17369138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gwc4UizUc
>>
>>17360640
dealer can't void warranty like that.
>>
Worded for a guy for a number of years. He was a short, stooped over older guy. You'd see him walking up the street with a couple of shopping bags and he looked like he was either homeless or retired. In fact he was a millionaire.

Only bought MB's. Would walk into a dealership, slouched over and look at the new cars and would be totally ignored. He told me he was asked to leave one place.

But he'd pick out a car, write a check in full and tell them to call him when it was ready.
>>
>>17375241
>dealer can't void warranty like that.
>Being a dumbass I also bought the warranty
>My local dealership is always trying to find reasons to invalidate my warranty
>"Improper" maintenance is one of those reasons
>They are pretty vicious about warranty disqualification
>really ruins for me the magic feeling of owning a car with their greed
>$365 examination fee
>Sorry Sir, the tech can't feel that vibration.
>Sorry Sir, the water pump is not part of the powertrain.
>Sorry Sir, burning one quart of oil every 500 miles is within fatory spec.
>Sorry Sir, we don't accept store recepits as evidence of an oil change.
>Sorry Sir, the ECU shows that the car has exceeded 90 MPH.
>Sorry Sir, the ECO shows that the engine exceeded 3,000 rpm in the first 1,500 miles.
>Sorry Sir, all of these transmissions shift hard.
>Sorry Sir, I know it's been a week, but we can't get to it until next Thursday.
>Sorry Sir, the tech found an un-approved modification.
>Sorry Sir, the tech found a rounded-off bolt.
>They kept the car for a month and a half
>Refused to give it back
>dealership techs
>doing things correctly
>YOU MUST PAY THE EXAMINATION FEE IF THE REPORTED PROBLEM DOESN"T EXIST OR IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY
>They make far more profit on doing the same work on non-warranty cars
>in-warranty work means manufacturer pays the repair costs and it is not possible to fool so can't fraudulently overcharge
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
impregnate your wife and then get custody of your dog in the ensuing separation
>>
>>17375650
>Fixable just needs some bodywork
>>
>>17360503
>V8, the fastest things you can buy now!
>>
>>17362689
they're not raising the price, when you buy a car you're either paying the price PLUS tax, title, license fees or you're paying an OTD (out the door) price. for example he could talk them down to $17k + TTL but assuming say 6% sales tax and $400 for title and license, he'll actually end up paying $18,420. however if he were to offer $17k OTD that means he gives them $17k exactly and they figure out exactly what that would make the selling price for it to come out to exactly that number after TTL.
>>
>>17368673
I was a service writer at Ford, didn't do well at it because I was actually honest with customers and told them what I'd recommend doing right away, what could wait, and what was total bullshit and didn't ever really need to be done. my manager hated me for it but he was fucking worthless anyway. but the customers loved me for it, especially younger females that came in anticipating being screwed to the fullest extent.
>>
>>17377668
How did you get the job? What was your prior work experience?
>>
>>17360503
>see a car with 180k miles for $6000
>call the guy (dealer is far from me) tell him I'll give him $5000 today for it
>"ARE YOU SERIOUS? NO WAY, ILL JUST KEEP THE FUCKING THING"
>2 weeks later, car is listed as $5000
>>
>>17369258
>thinks he's a Jew
>still tips when he eats out
>>
>>17377814
bounced around a few different dealerships. I started out as a Ford lube tech when I was 18 with no experience, but I was friends with someone who worked there that vouched for me having automotive knowledge. I did that for two years then went to a Honda dealership where I was working like 70-80 hours a week as a lube tech, detailer, plow driver, and custodian and basically the owner tricked a bunch of us into signing something agreeing that hourly employees would just be paid their standard hourly rate no matter how many hours they worked. no time and a half. and that was when I said fuck dealerships and their bullshit politics and went and worked for a cable company for a year and a half. then my friend offered me a really solid position as an assistant parts manager at a Peterbilt dealership, did that for two years and then moved across the country and that was when I went to the last dealership to try my hand at being an advisor. it was a shitty job for a shitty company with shitty management in a rich suburban area full of shitty people. I might have liked it better if a lot of things were different.
>>
>>17361252
They list the price much lower then tack on a "dealership fee" and the price goes through the roof again
>>
>>17369168
>I don't drive the car so I'm not near it
Dude. Just admit it didn't happen. It's okay. No one is going to come to your house and take the car away. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.
>I'll go put some bread on my Malibu
lol. As if taking a picture with a Malibu will prove you got 25% off a dealer car. lol. How retarded are you? Actually do it. Please do it. I want to actually watch how hard you're going to continue to try and win this anonymous argument on the internet to prove something happened that did not happen. At most you got 13% off that car. At most. I guaranfuckingtee it. Guaranteed.
>>
File: 1473305406653.jpg (174KB, 724x748px) Image search: [Google]
1473305406653.jpg
174KB, 724x748px
>>17375683
>>
>>17373447
Depends on the rate of interest.
>>
>>17375241
They can if he did it within the break in period.
>>
So i've owned a few cars, and now I'm feeling ready to move to something newer and get into something with warranty as im getting pretty sick of spending my time off either working on my shit boxes or anticipating whats gunna break or start making noise next. I've got some sales background and half decent at talking/persuading people into stuff but car salesmen have to be some of the most righteous pricks i've dealt with. Any tips on haggling either a new car or newer car down in price? Obviously research what else is in the area and at what price etc, but anything in particular? I've seen some stuff about admin/reconditioning fees but I have zero fucking intention of giving these dickheads any more money that needed.
>>
>>17361144
holy shit you actually thought that was real lmfao
>>
>>17361474
On the AU/NZ market ones there is a badge that says LS3 on the bumper where the SS embelim is.
>>
File: IMG_20170319_193343~01.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_193343~01.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
>>17379645
Yeah, I have one. Been meaning to put it on.
>>
File: 1489252266684.jpg (57KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1489252266684.jpg
57KB, 960x949px
>financed a car from dealer a little less than 2 months ago
>title was sent to my credit union
>still haven't gotten my registration and plates yet
>temp plates run out on the 26th

I-It's just taking a while, right guys? Or am I retarded and do I have to actually go to the tax office and all that to register it? Because On my buyer's order it lists the state tax and the license/registration fees as part of what I paid for.
>>
>>17379185
suffering builds character
>>
>>17377832
Call back, offer 4.>>17378107
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.