[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evidence of liquid gasket sealant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1480967289547.jpg (81KB, 1201x730px) Image search: [Google]
1480967289547.jpg
81KB, 1201x730px
Does anyone here know how to detect liquid gasket sealant being on a vehicle? Even if the coolant has been changed multiple times after using the liquid sealant.
>>
anyone?
>>
Look for crusty shit on coolant components. For example, thermostat has crusty white shit on it. The liquid sealer disperses a bunch of that crap throughout the coolant system, plugging very small leaks.
>>
>>17357138

coolant has been drained after using the sealant tho

i am also able to drain the system myself to check for any evidence. i can take out hoses, the entire radiator, etc. to look for this stuff.

its very important
>>
>>17356888

Are you talking about the leak stop chemicals in the snake oil aisle of auto parts stores? You'll generally see it belching out of the areas that were leaking if they're even externally visible. Why's it so important that you know anyway?
>>
>>17357646

yes, the liquid gasket shit you put inside your radiator to fix leaks.
i need it to determine what i do with this fucking vehicle.

the leak seems to be from a blown gasket and not a cracked head or drawing water into the intake manifold.
the leak is very mild but noticeable on cold start when visible (barely) steam flows from the exhaust for several minutes before going away. even after the steam is gone, you can still smell the presence of water inside your exhaust. it literally smells like steam.

i need to know of the minor leak is genuine, or if it used to be larger and someone repaired it with liquid gasket repair.
if it was larger then i need to get rid of the vehicle
>>
>>17357646
>Why's it so important that you know anyway?
Not that guy, but people do these temporary things just before they sell the POS to you via Craig's List or some used car dealer. That's the problem with car flippers.
>>
>>17358240

came from a dealer lot, nigga
>>
>>17357146
>its very important
Remove the head and check coolant passages for precipitatate.
>>
>>17357138

ah, i just read what you said
i guess it would be visible on the thermostat even after a flush.

>>17358240
the vehicle is not a POS
even toyota has made defective headgaskets before. and my vehicle is known specifically to have a faulty headgasket
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.