[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First car buyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 00n0n_j7bNPRpumRF_600x450.jpg (16KB, 253x450px) Image search: [Google]
00n0n_j7bNPRpumRF_600x450.jpg
16KB, 253x450px
Hey guys, I'm buying my first car. I'm pretty poorfag and don't know shit about cars, but I'm going to need something to commute to law school.
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6171424798.html I found this. Low mileage 55k but the guy said the dashboard goes on and off, asking $850. I'm trying to spend as little as possible, under 1k. I don't care how shit it looks, just if it drives and is good on gas. So a few questions. Is the Plymouth neon the same as dodge? Is it good or shit? Should I go after this or something else? Pls help
>>
File: 00P0P_hrCDiWHIhkL_600x450.jpg (22KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00P0P_hrCDiWHIhkL_600x450.jpg
22KB, 337x450px
>>17355211
Other pic. Why is it cut off, what is he hiding?
>>
>>17355224
>Ever buying Plymouth/Dodge
>>
>>17355279
So do they just fall apart? I serioiusly don't know shit about cars at all. I want to buy a Toyota but all of the owners know they are reliable so I can't get any good deals without 200k miles.
>>
>>17355211
My grandpa drives a dodge dakota of the same age. Has been very reliable
>>
>>17355211
Get this
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6134296085.html
>>
>>17355473
That looks dank af but its probably gone by now.
>>
Plymouth and Dodge Neon's are exactly the same. That's a 99 so it has the good MLS head gasket. They're really simple cars that are cheap to keep after and easy to work on yourself. The cluster dropping out is from the solder on the board cracking. 10 minute job, look it up on neons.org or YouTube. At 18 years old id do the timing belt and water pump, yes the WP is driven off the timing belt so do both at the same time.
>>
>>17355211
TOYOTA COROLLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlYTvjUR1jg
>>
My mother in law had a late nodel Dodge neon that she eventually passed down to my brother in law. In all honesty it was a great, reliable little car, perfect for commuting. It lasted a long long time around 150k until he wrecked it.Tranny never failed, never spun a rode bearing or lifter tick. Id say go check it out, remember to check all the fluids, check inside the under the carpet for rust for flood damage and if you can check under the spare tire for rust as well. When looking in the engine bay look at the bolt heads that tun along the edges. If the paint on them is broke that means it may have been in an accident. Still a great buy if it shifts well.
>>
>>17355211
Neons are pieces of shit. Plymouth is slightly more luxurious than Dodge but that's the only real difference. I would get a Civic or Corolla instead.
>>
>>17355473
>>17355508
Oh shit no its available
>>
>>17355533
Wrong. There is zero difference between a Plymouth or Dodge Neon. There is no luxury here
>>
>>17355575
To the best of my knowledge the Plymouth had more available options and trim levels. But the base models were exactly the same.
>>
>>17355211
There's a reason they're so cheap, OP. Any car in that price range is going to be a mechanic's special. You'll be working on it to keep it running.

How long is your commute going to be, OP? You might want to think about moving close enough to bike or walk to class and getting some grandma's special that gets crappy mileage but has low miles and wasn't driven hard. Something like a minivan or an SUV.
>>
>>17355521
how gay are you
>>
>>17355211
N O T
E V E N
O N C E
N I G G E R

Those things break down by just looking at them, listen to >>17355473 and get an asian shitbox. You can't go wrong with that, Even a Kia or a Hyundai of the same era are more reliable than that Plymouyh lemon thing.
>>
> Low mileage 55k
you do know that can be modify, right?
>>
>>17355705
That's what I'm thinking. Why are American cars so shit anymore?
>>17355767
Really? I thought that was really hard to do.
>>
>>17355666
Only when I'm in a fursuit, Satan
>>
>>17355967
I bet that fursuit is worth more than half the shitboxes on this board
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.