[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

What went wrong? What went right?
>>
>it's a Honda designed by a woman
>it's not too overpriced for what it's trying to be and it's practical <for a supercar>
>>
>>17355202
>designed by a woman

She was hired to fix a cooling problem. She isn't responsible for most of the design.
>>
File: wallhaven-11769.jpg (429KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-11769.jpg
429KB, 1920x1200px
>>17355192

Design is generic; didn't go far enough (like the FurdGT, GTR) nor did it stay classy (911, Aston, AMG GT). The LFA didnt age well, and this car will not either.
>>
>>17355192
wrong:
>looks too much like an R8
>electric motors and still not any faster than a base GT-R
>$160,000

right:
ironically the most unique supercar on roads today because nobody wants it
>>
>>17355192
Focused too much on performance from battery packs and other tech
>>
>>17355192
>what went right?
They finally released it
it's a technological beast
I like it's subjective styling
>what went wrong
took way too long focusing on unique tech for the power train
Awd setup is a minus
Focus too much on hybrid technology instead of just making a 600hp monster from a J series C6 or making special dohc heads for a J series and turning it
>>
File: nsx.jpg (201KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
nsx.jpg
201KB, 1024x685px
it isn't this
>>
>Ford GT
>647bhp
>3.5L V6 TT

>Acura NSX
>573bhp
>3.5L V6 TT + 3 electric motors

Why is this allowed?

>Ford GT has sold out 750 units until 2019
>Acura NSX has sold less than that

I think it's funny that more people are paying triple the price for a Ford.
>>
>>17355209
She is literally credited as the head designer. Also a horrific little tibit:

>In addition, as opposed to the first generation NSX, the second generation NSX is being described by its lead designer, Michelle Christensen, as "An American muscle car in an Italian exotic car's body."
>>
File: deceased.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
deceased.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>>17355441
>i-it may drive like shit, but at least you're paying a lot for italian design!!

And it doesn't even look Italian, it looks like a German R8.

Anyone specifically looking for a Japanese supercar want a car that is thoroughly Japanese. The fact she mentions murrica and yurop and completely omits Japan is totally fucked.
>>
>>17355441
>"An American muscle car in an Italian exotic car's body."

feminism was a mistake
>>
>it's a "weeaboo calls American cars pigfat when the Viper and Corvette weigh 500lbs less than these nearly 2 ton barges" episode
>>
>>17355253
>lfa didn't age well

lol what
>>
>>17355325
has anyone with enough money tried tuning one yet?
or has literally nobody bought one
>>
>>17355634
Honestly, there's no point in buying one when a Type-R version is inevitable.
>>
>>17355453
To her it's an American car cause Acura is "American" and totally not Honda at all guise
>>
>>17355623
LFA was a flop

http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/autotrader-find-new-never-titled-lexus-lfa-for-382000-259393
>>
>>17355634
no point in tuning such a complicated hybrid car you're just going to completely fuck up the driving dynamics
>>
Wrong
>not the fastest
>not remotely affordable
>not even really hypercar affordable
>acura
>took a million years to relaunch

Right
>they finally relaunched it after a million years
>costs less than a Ferrari I guess
>>
the front of the car looks really cheap to me
>>
>>17355716
Both the front and back look like like economy car. The side profile is supercar, but in the most generic way.
>>
a mid engine v6 accord would have been better
>>
>>17355988
would pay base model corvette prices for that even if it only had 278 horsepower
>>
>>17355988
That's what the original was, and it worked.
>>
>>17355992
That's bascially what the Toyobaru is. a car that cost almost as much as a V6 Mustang and Camaro and is slower due to lack of power and everyone keeps bitching about it.
>id pay out the nose for a AE86 successor
>is given an AE86 successor
>MUH TORQUE DIP! MUH POWER!
>>
>>17356135
How the fuck did Subaru allow that shit to happen in the first place? It's not like they don't Dyno test their engines before putting them out, they did shitty and there's a reason people bitch about it, also not releasing a specialty turbo/supercharged model is beyond retarded
>>
>>17356135
yeah you're probably right. for corvette money you could also get a cayman and I'd rather have a cayman than a MR accord. for $40k or something sure but I doubt they would ever be able to develop it and make it profitable at any price.
>>
>>17355192
it has a hybrid v6 LMAO
>>
>>17355459
electric motor and muscle car dont mix
>>
>>17355192
hybrid bullshit should have just had a 3.5 twin turbo v6, also mclaren honda
>trusting honda with ERS
>>
>>17355992
Why not the vette and the cayman cost the same and both of them are justifiable choice.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.