[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have quite a bit of experience working on cars, but i don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 55M5dQSr.png (865KB, 1427x1351px) Image search: [Google]
55M5dQSr.png
865KB, 1427x1351px
i have quite a bit of experience working on cars, but i don't have a certificate or actual work experience or anything like that. is it fine that i just lie on my resume? shops don't usually check this stuff right?
>>
File: photo_2 (1).jpg (225KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2 (1).jpg
225KB, 1200x1600px
>>17355065
As far as resumes go, you can omit some stuff and polish some other stuff, but flat out lying about something major like that is very likely come back to bite you in the ass sooner or later. Even more so if you need to come here and ask.

Present yourself with a good attitude and eagerness to learn. Find some way to prove what you know and go forward with that.

But I'm the sorta guy who puts up honest ads and a reasonable price when selling his vehicles, so who knows. Good luck anon.
>>
>>17355065
Look what position are you applying for lube tech at a dealership or actual line tech or oil change place independent shop. If you are trying to get a low entry position like lube tech it's not as big of deal to have certified job experience now if you want to get an actual tech job yeah your not going to without actual shop paper trail and or trade school my advice to you is suck it up get the lowest entry position you can get learn as much as possible stay at that place and move up or leave after 5 months and now you at least have some shop experience to get maybe an apprenticeship. This is coming from an 5 year Audi tech started at the bottom at 19 as lube tech now I'm a team leader. But if your going to this job for a flat rate living it ain't easy and 50% people don't make it.
>>
>>17355218
This is reassuring to hear. I'm not op but I worked at a tire shop for about 6 months, I went back to my summer job about a month ago and my plan is once the season dies down I'm going to apply to a bunch of dealerships as a porter and work my way up from there. How long did it take you to become a tech from when you first started?
>>
Tell the truth with a bit of garnish and fluff. Never flat-out lie in a way that can be quickly and easily proven.
>>
>>17355218
>5 years changing oil
>they still wont sign him on as an apprentice

FUCKING LOL

Also mechanic work in general is a shitty trade, it sounds awesome until you do it day in, day out. Theres a whole wide world of trades out there, dont pick the worst one. I wasted 4 years of my life in it, got out before I ended up like the other guys who wasted their whole lives in it.
>buy your own tools
>rushed work for that flat rate
>constantly being dripped on by slush
>carcinegenics everywhere
>service manager always breathing down your neck
>customers always assume you're a con artist
>lifts dont always go high enough unless you're a manlet, totally fucking your back
>buy your own tools

Seriously just pick a different field of work OP. Nearly every other skilled trade is going to be less stressful and better paying.
>>
>>17355267
I'm a certified tech I guess I didn't clarify I have my own team of line techs. I'm a senior tech and R8 certified already
>>
>>17355230
I did trade school but to be honest you don't have to and don't be a porter get yourself an express service job then work your way up buddy that is all like I said it's not a job for everyone, wrenching on your own shit and doing it for a living are two different things. It took me about a year to be done with my apprenticeship that included 6 months in express service hell. Also you won't believe the amount of stupid people that try this job and fail due to being legitimately stupid you don't have to be a rocket scientist but you have to be smart enough to properly succeed .
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.