[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From my understanding about the Ford GT40, it was made out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3496.jpg (69KB, 700x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
69KB, 700x324px
From my understanding about the Ford GT40, it was made out of spite from Ferrari refusing to get bought out by Ford, due to financial reasons, because Ford would have control over when they could compete and the reason why they were having financial trouble was Ferrari kept building cars to beat the Corvette, which was known as the most powerful car during that time.

So, in other words, the GT40 was an indirect consequence caused by GM.
>>
and what an indirect consequence it was, what a beauty
>>
File: IMG_0619.png (72KB, 201x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0619.png
72KB, 201x256px
>Ferrari kept building cars to beat the Corvette
>>
>>17354575
>corvette
>relevant outside US
>>
>>17354575
>>17354587
I probably misunderstood the documentary; it was The 24 Hour War.
>>
>>17354587
Burger won't get this. Corvette F1 when?
Cowards.
>>
>>17354609
Doesn't matter. Ferrari was pushed to the wall by Chevrolet's Corvette.
>>
what was the point of this thread?

The first part of the story is true, but the part about the Corvette is bollocks. Ferrari absolutely shat on Corvettes; they were completely different markets (even now), and the Corvette had no track success in Europe.

The GT40 was a monster and is arguably Le Mans greatest success story (look at its performance prior to Carroll Shelby joining, when the car was just a re-arranged Lola GT). I know I'll never get to own a real one but I hope it's still legal to build a replica by the time I can afford to do so.

It's just so beautiful; it's like what you'd get if you asked a child to draw you a racecar. Even if it were slow, the bundle of snakes exhaust is just amazing.
>>
>>17355429
>I know I'll never get to own a real one.
I know that pain. There was only approximately 120 made- that includes protypes, the factory racers, the privately owned racers and the street legal/"non-race" cars.
Chassis p1075 (the car that won the 24 hour LeMans in '68, and again in '69 with a different paint job) sold for $10,000,000 last time it was publicly traded. To Sam Walton no less (the guy who started sams club and Walmart) he had it sitting in his garage next to ANOTHER gt40. 1075 is currently on display at the ford museum in Detroit, but no mention of who the current owner actually is...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.