[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much am I looking at to fix this shit? Someone did a hit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How much am I looking at to fix this shit? Someone did a hit and run job. It's down to/past the paint. 2016 Passat
>>
>>17350980
>vw passat
Don't even bother
>>
>>17350980
a detail place can probly buff a lot of that out
>>
VW has 11 year warranty on rust, any owner, unlimited KM.

Just wait till the plastic bumper rusts off like the rest of the body panels will... VW will replace it for free.
>>
>>17353100
It's on a lease. Even with IL weather I doubt it will rust off in 2 years.

>>17352895
Lease, gotta fix it.
>>17352986
It's not absolutely horrid but I'm just wondering what kind of price range I'm looking at. $3-500? More?
>>
>leasing
>leasing a Passat
Just take it to any body shop place and ask for a quote and what they need to do. You can shop around from there.
$3.50 to $800, depending on how bad it is. Unless the gray streak is paint transfer from the other vehicle, it'll have to be repainted. If you're wealthy enough to lease, you shouldn't have to worry.
>>
>>17354452
>Unless the gray streak is paint transfer from the other vehicle, it'll have to be repainted

That's not true, if it's simply paint transfer it likely is embedded in the clear coat and heavy compounding then polishing will remove it.

However, if there are scratches in the bumper that need to be filled you're probably better off just buying a new pre-painted bumper online if you can find a place that sells one for your particular car. I did just that with my dd and it only cost me $200
>>
>>17354465
>That's not true, if it's simply paint transfer it likely is embedded in the clear coat and heavy compounding then polishing will remove it.

yeah thats what he said
>>
>>17353666
If you bought the excessive wear and tear warranty, it should cover that.
>>
>>17354465
L2read
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.