[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here had a car repossessed before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1345.jpg (217KB, 1024x779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1345.jpg
217KB, 1024x779px
Has anyone here had a car repossessed before?
>>
nah, im not black.
>>
My car is possessed and scares me sometimes.

Does this count?
>>
>>17350305
I own a repoed car :^)
>>
>>17350355
fpbp
>>
File: bobbit1_lg.jpg (91KB, 608x408px) Image search: [Google]
bobbit1_lg.jpg
91KB, 608x408px
>>17350305

Yes. I had a 2011 v6 Altima repo'd. I needed a car asap because the one I was borrowing was leaking so much oil and coolant that I had to fill both every time I drove the car, and I couldn't miss work. I did not know much about cars but I wanted something fast. It also needed to be automatic because I did not know how to drive manual and didn't have time to learn.

After a while of looking I saw a cvt v6 altima that I could afford, and financed it at a stupid rate. It was a beautiful car inside and out, but it wasn't quite what I wanted. The cvt would sometimes slip if I floored it from a stop/roll. It was disappointing, but I still enjoyed the car.

Unfortunately, right as I got the car I started doing heroin (again). I deluded myself into thinking I had it under control. I thought because I had a nice car and a well paying job, I was not like the other people who did heroin.

2 months after I got the car things came to a head. I was late on my insurance, never had any money, and started missing car payments. I was not late enough for a repo, so I did not worry. I went into detox, cleaned up a little bit, and got my family to pay for the car.

Another 2 months go by. By this time I'm unemployed (made $3000 total in 2016), doing heroin whenever I can, very behind on car payments, and not able to keep up with the car. Never changed the oil, dings/scratches from driving and parking in the ghetto, and I always had $5 or less in the gas tank. The car company was actively trying to repo my car at this point, so I had to hide it.
Should I post the rest or does no one care?
>>
Nah, I'm not American.
>>
>>17350305
Nah I've never owned a car
>>
>>17351313
continue
>>
File: 1471238111323.jpg (33KB, 480x564px) Image search: [Google]
1471238111323.jpg
33KB, 480x564px
>>17351313
>>
>>17350392
I lol'd.
>>
>>17351313
Yeah definitely please. I'm interested
>>
File: 1488813776113.jpg (53KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488813776113.jpg
53KB, 365x450px
>financing things you can't make the payments for
>>
File: 1484629884538.jpg (252KB, 1563x869px) Image search: [Google]
1484629884538.jpg
252KB, 1563x869px
>>17351313
2/3

A few months after that, I got into an accident with it. I took some xanax then shot up in a parking lot with a car full of people. Everyone in the car was asleep and I thought it was funny. Then I was asleep. Then we all woke up when I rammed the car in front of me. The car I hit was unscathed, but my hood, bumper, side panel, and headlight were busted. I did not care too much, because it ran and I could still get my heroin. My biggest fear was being without a car.

I drove it for another month and a half, and parked it in my garage whenever I did not drive it. One day I looked at my tire for some reason, and I saw a shitload of metal wires coming off it. The tire was so worn out that the metal inside was exposed. I knew how dangerous this was, but I still drove it for a few more weeks. My day would consist of stealing/hustling money, putting $5 in my gas tank, then going to the ghetto to cop heroin. I was a loser. I was the junkie that I swore I would never become. It got so bad that I couldn't even feed myself. I was hungry all the time, parents refused to buy me any food, and anything I ate had to be stolen. It was hell. Imagine having $20, being absolutely starving, but knowing that you can't spend any of that money on food. I also knew that any time I left my car it could be repo'd, leaving me stranded without anyone to help me.
>>
>>17351371
ZOOMED WORDS
>>
>>17351313
Oh look, another reason to not buy a used car.
>>
>>17350305
Never happened too me but i had the pleasure to witness my faggot boss' car get repoed after he spent like 7k to respray his chevy volt his wife forgot to make payments
>>
>>17351371

This continued until one day I got a flat tire. I could have put a spare on, but I did not bother. I was on borrowed time, and I was exhausted. I left it in my garage and let the insurance cancel. At this point I was stuck in my house, depressed, no food, no drugs, and bored out of my mind. This went on for 2 months and it was the worst time I've ever had in my entire life. Constant hunger and unbearable boredom. I told myself that this was the last time I ever get into a situation like this. I worked so very hard to not only fix my life, but to become a success. I wanted to look into the mirror and see someone I'm proud of.

After a while of being sober, my father trusted me again and gave me a loan for a car. I spent weeks on craigslist looking for the best possible car for my money. I ended up finding an amazing deal and went with it. It was my first manual, and it was extremely fun to drive. I was so happy with the car I got, almost in tears. I took care of it better than I any other vehicle I owned. I was proud of it, and that was a great feeling. Then I started looking for a job. I spent 2 weeks looking then came across an amazing masonry job, making more money than I ever have. It was tough work that I was not used to, but I tried my absolute hardest every day. I felt like things were finally coming together. At this point, I decided to give the car back. I owed $4000 in late payments, they cancelled the loan, there was just no avoiding it. Besides, being in that car sober was hard. I would remember all the times I would sit in a parking lot cooking up shots. So I called the bank up, they sent the repo guy out, and we towed it out of my garage. I had the car for about a year, and was about 8 months behind on payments.
>>
>>17350305
No, because I live within my means.
>>
>>17351506
Are you still sober, anon?
>>
Show up at the court dates or they will garnish.
>>
i never finance cars. I've always saved and paid cash.
>>
I used to repo cars, ask me anything.
>>
>>17351352
>financing things
inb4 /biz/ enters the thread with amazing advice about how you can become a millionaire through investments while doing zero percent financing
>>
>>17352303
Has your job made you cry at all? Any specific occasions?
>>
>>17351506
>I had the car for about a year, and was about 8 months behind on payments.
Your lucky they didn't put a warrant for your arrest out. I knew a guy who was a friend of a friend, he was 6 months behind on payments, the car was already repo'd at this time, but he ignored all phone calls and messages. One day they showed up to his work and arrested him for auto theft.
>>
>>17352303
Racial make up of your clientele, go.
>>
>>17350305
One time on a G35 lease, I kept it too long and they came to my house. I returned it later that day and still had to get shit out of it.
>>
>>17350305
Yeah, I had a Lancer a while back - went on disability for a while and couldn't keep up with the payments. I had just gotten a new job too and was trying to get my shit together but it was too late for the shitty finance company.

I don't really miss the car, it was pretty boring and slow but it never let me down while I had it, and I put a shit ton of miles on it.

Went for 7 years w/o a car after that.
>>
>>17352303
you ever repo a chevy malibu and have it start glowing bright green and fly off in it
>>
Look what I just found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0vlMot3k6A
>>
>not getting your car on an unsecured loan
shiggy diggy

If something happens and I can't make my payments, I'm going to screw up my credit score hard. On the bright side, they won't take my car.
>>
>>17352500
>the car was already repo'd
>but they showed and arrested him for auto theft
doubt
>>
No, I'm not financially irresponsible
>>
Dad had an 06 jetta TDI and in the summer of 2012 he passed away with payments left on the loan. Mom continued to make payments after dad passed so it could be my first car.
Unfortunately, the bank decided they wanted to repo it even though we were 2 months ahead on the payments all due to it not being in either of our names.
>No refund
>No car
It was all downhill from there
>>
No, because I don't (((finance))) shit that loses value.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.