[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body Shop Horror Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1427.jpg (668KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
668KB, 1224x1632px
Anyone have any body shop horror stories? I feel like I'm living a nightmare right now.

>bring car to dealer for summer tire swap and general maintenance (first mistake, should have done this myself)
>they dent the door lifting the car to swap the tires
>dealer promises to replace the door with a new one
>dealer sends car to a local body shop who performs the wrong work twice (repaired existing door, not replaced)
>jerked around by reps on due date
>finally ask to speak to a manager
>manager of body shop offers to paint the hood and install a clear bra for free as an apology
>accept offer, since hood has several rock chips and I feel like I'm coming out on top
>two weeks after I brought car in for a tire swap
>hood color is mismatched, clear bra only goes halfway up the hood
>bring car back and manager insists that if the whole hood and bumper have a clear bra, the paint will match
>promises hood will match the bumper when he's done
>accept again, since I don't have much of a choice
>due date passes
>call shop, transferred to manager's voicemail
>manager never calls back
>call two more times
>calls not returned for several days
>call a third time and demand a call back
>miss call from manager, but he leaves no voicemail
>the call I missed occurred Friday 10 minutes after the body shop closed for the weekend, so I still don't know what the status of my car is and will have to wait until Monday

I'm not really sure what I can do at this point. If the hood doesn't match again, I'm going to ask them to redo it, but they shouldn't have had my car this long to begin with. At first I was stoked to be getting the free work, but now I wish I had just gotten to original damage repaired and left.
>>
>>17349481
>Fails to match paint twice
>Keeps fucking up work
>Ignores customers calls
>Maybe they'll get it right a third time?!

You're fucking retarded OP. After they fucked up the first time you should've ended it there and went to a different place to conduct business.
>>
>>17349506
I'd have to pay for it if I went elsewhere, since the hood work has all been performed for free as compensation for the first fuck up. However, I'm approaching the point where I've paid more in time than I may in money if I found a reputable body shop.
>>
>>17349514
If you had photo evidence of their shit work, perhaps small claims court? Then use the money to go to a better body shop.
>>
I've got one. Escaped though.

>Take my Civic (well, mom's Civic) in for repair
>It's at a dealership. Go there because it's got a warranty and I know they won't want to lose face with shitty work
>Usually have a great experience there
>Last time I went, I got a bitch named Daniel who somehow managed to fuck up a oil change (told her I bought the oil, it's in the trunk, just use that)
>Put conventional when I used synthetic
>They have to replace it
>Fast forward to now
>Master switch for the locks stops working
>Figure it out myself
>Since mom drives the car, don't want to take chances and so I take it in
>It's Danielle again
>Fuck this gay Shit
>I tell her exactly what'swrong, and what needs to be done
>"Okay anon, just wait in the lounge, it'll be done in a few hours"
>Few hours later
>"Anon, it's all done. I noticed you have an aftermarket starter. They car only locks and unlocks with it now. The car keys won't work anymore. You're going to have buy 2 new ones"
>I'm confused. The keys were still able to unlock the car when I took it in. Something's up
>"Okay so how much is it and where do I go to get them?'
>Points me to parts desk
>A single key is 189 bucks, plus an extra $30 to program them. Would need to replace both keys
>Fuck that
>Go back to Danielle
>"Yeah, that's not happening. So you're telling me both keys stopped working at the same time, and I need to spend 400 bucks?"
>Yeah, that's what the techs said.
>I know any mechanic worth their shit wouldn't say that
>Tell her no and leave
>Get to lot, try keys out
>Kek they work flawlessly
>Bitch tried to con me. I knew it
>Never let her handle my car again

I felt so good catching that. Next time she's there and tries to 'help me", I'm gonna flip my shit and get at her.

Also, as a warnings, if you're in Calgary and go to T and T Honda, avoid Danielle Shawnessy (forget how her last name is spelled)
>>
>>17349624
File a complaint on the bitch, dumbass.
>>
>dumb faggot backs into my bumper
>go to local body shop
>they order a new bumper and paint it
>all is well
>UNTIL
>4 or so months later paint starts chipping and peeling off in large chunks
>ohfucknonigga
>go back to shop
>"Honor yo warranty nigga"
>"Well see I actually just bought this place and fired the old staff because they were incompetent dumbfucks, as you can tell"
>Fuck me he won't fix it
>"But I'll go ahead and honor their warranty for you and do it right"
>YUSS
>drop off car
>4 days later get it back
>A year later and no chips or cracks
God speed, Mr new body shop owner man...
>>
>have work's truck inspected
>oh it failed cuz the headlights are too dim and the seatbelt doesn't retract
>$1700 total
>the seatbelt doesn't retract because they wrapped it around the headrest
>the lights are dim because they put a paste on them then threw dust at them
>>
Why do you faggots sit silently while people fuck you over? I got so angry reading >>17349624 I emailed the dealership
>>
>>17349762
Who did that, the inspectors? How'd you find out?
>>
>>17349762
kek at inspection cucks
>>
>truck gets t-boned right after installing body lift
>all body mounts get broken on the cab
>insurance says save it, sends to shop.
FF 1 month
>get truck back
>shits crooked.
Sold it years later. Always had problems with it since then.
>>
>>17350454
OP here. For me, I acted with the assumption I would get my car back in the same (or better) condition after a customer service catastrophe. Somehow it didn't occur to me that the body shop may not be capable of performing what I consider basic elements of their work, such as matching paint jobs.

I mean is it common for body shops to miss the mark on paint jobs?
>>
>>17350542
Its more common than any bodyshop will admit.
They'll (usually) go for the model designated color, but older cars are often faded due to sun-damage.
If you haven't seen a bodyshops work in person, take your business elsewhere.
Asking around at a car club or meet-up wouldn't go amiss.
>>
>>17349481
>clear bra only goes halfway up the hood
I'm not seeing the problem here.
Also if you're comparing the hood paint with the front bumper it'll always look different depending on the lighting. I've worked at a new car dealership and customers tend to think all the bumpers have been repainted but that's just how it is.
As for horror stories I've had my car get rekt on my whole right side, I had to bring it to the shop 4 times for them to fix water leaking and stopping wind from getting into the cabin and before that I didn't have my car for over a month.
>>
>>17350454
Well, I did say I'd get at her next time I see her. I feel like doing it in person would be more effective.

Anyways, share the email and the response. Kek.
>>17350542
Head and no. Certain colours are hard to match, but a decent body shop should be able to get it at least close enough that there's no perceptible difference. A good body shop will get it right
>>
File: 1497065913517.jpg (293KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497065913517.jpg
293KB, 1200x900px
Gotta have a body to have body shop stories

All I got is a T-U-B-E C-H-A-S-S-I-S
>>
>>17351330
>Also if you're comparing the hood paint with the front bumper it'll always look different depending on the lighting.

That's what the manager told me. He pointed out several cars in the parking lot that had that problem, and attributed it to the paint setting differently on plastic than metal. I have read about that before, but I just don't recall the difference being so stark before I had the work done.

Knowing all this, I'm trying to determine my tolerance for disparity, assuming there may be some.

>I had to bring it to the shop 4 times for them to fix water leaking and stopping wind from getting into the cabin and before that I didn't have my car for over a month.

That's shit. Did they set you up with a rental?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.