[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold exhaust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1093.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This is going to sound like a silly question but is it normal for my exhaust fumes to be cold? Literally colder than what my air conditioner can blow. I drive a 90 Miata with a 4 inch exhaust on the end
>>
File: IMG_2893.jpg (35KB, 330x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2893.jpg
35KB, 330x309px
Check under the hood, there should be an engine there - not an air conditioner.
>>
>>17340455
Heat Pumps BTFO
>>
Not normal.
Physical impossibility in fact
If you have somehow achieved this contact a physicist to document it
>>
>>17340536
>local Miata accidentally reverses entropy
>>
>explosive gas exhaust is cold
what're you feeding that thing, Freon?
>>
drive as much as you can, you might reverse global warming this way. our hero.
>>
With the amount of airflow a miata produces, exhaust that large and the surface area it can come in contact with on its way out the back, it's not a surprise that it seems cool.
>>
If it is cold outside, possibly for the first 10 seconds it might be cold. The metal exhaust will cool the gas before it comes out the end. Once the system is at operating temperature, then no your exhaust cannot be colder than the external air.

There IS the option theres a MASSIVE hole in your exhaust somewhere, and the colder external air in getting into the exhaust system. This would cool the gas slightly, but not enough to be even remotely considered "cold".
>>
Engine make big explosions that very are hot
>>
>>17340744
Yeah without a big hole vacuuming air into it I can't see how this could possibly happen.

OP what the fuck did you do to your poor car?
>>
>>17340744
It's like 90F outside
>>
>>17340083
2 things could be happening:

1 - >>17340740
2 - exhaust leak somewhere before the muffler
>>
>>17340083
>4" exhaust on a miata

haha faggot.
>>
>>17340762
The only way I could think of is if the valves aren't sealing properly and you're getting inefficient compression in the cylinders. This would speed up your exhaust flow and cool down the gas as it interacts with the air. Think if you blew out of your mouth hard and keep your lips only slightly open. Notice how the air is colder than the surrounding air? Same thing.
>>
>>17340746
This reads like a mighty car mods video
>>
>>17340083

>4 inch exhaust
>Miata
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.