[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a car a "driver's car"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: anime-girl-questionmark.jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
anime-girl-questionmark.jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
What makes a car a "driver's car"?
>>
When they have little to no back seats
>>
It doesn't inhibit the driver's enjoyment, which either means that it's handling focused if it's a sports car, or that its creature comforts revolve around the front seats and not the rear seats if it's a luxury grand tourer.
>>
When you can drive it.
>>
feels
>>
>>17335892

I'd say handling and setup is more important than performance, but performance is also a factor. It's the opposite of a slow, heavy, slush box that handles like 8 tons of tractor.
>>
File: 28187069103_2173e35b23_b.jpg (220KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
28187069103_2173e35b23_b.jpg
220KB, 1024x568px
>>17335892
Example of drivers cars: Cayman GT4, 911 GT3, GT86, Miata etc
>>
>>17335892
A car with character and feeling. Its fairly vague unless you get in and drive it. If it tugs on you emotionally in some shape way or form then I'd say its a driver's car.
>>
It's gotta be as uncomfortable as possible and have little to no electronic assists.
>>
Well, it certainly isn't a "passengers car."
>>
>>17335892
Car feel.

Responsiveness of the steering wheel is mostly it. If you've only ever driven land barges you won't quite understand, but it's almost impossible to accidentally understeer or oversteer in a car with true 'car feel'. Imagine riding a bike and steering yourself around as opposed to playing a video game with a steering wheel and seeing yourself move.
>>
>>17336162
Certainly isn't a driver's car either.

Veloster is a fucking no man's land. It doesn't know what, it wasn't to be, aside from trying to appeal to youth. It's any non 86 Scion or the Kia soul all over again.
>>
File: IMG_5135.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5135.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17336162
The back "seats" can be used in a pinch. Mine just has plastic buckets because USDM.
>>
Decent power, suspension designed for performance rather than comfort and low steering ratio come to mind.
>>
>>17336183
Kek.

https://youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
>>
>>17335892
A Subaru BRZ

A Miata is a faggots car
>>
>>17336209
As rough as the suspension is over any surface that isn't new, you essentially have a mobile torture chamber.
>>
>>17336261
The plastic digs into your leg just above the back of the knee. Even if your legs fit, your head will not. I did cram someone back there once and it wasn't pleasant. Doesn't help that the seatbelts were replaced with interior lights.
>>
>>17336251
Not saying it isn't faster than an 86/BR-Z, but quickness in a straight line doesn't translate to enjoyment overall.
>>
>>17336257
A faggots car faster than a BRZ.
Then again you should be used to being humiliated by minivans and such.
>>
>>17336303
Of course not.

But tell that to all the benchracers on this board.
>>
File: Porsche.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Porsche.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
>>17335892
The badge
>>
>>17336162
KEK So true, my co-workers hate me when I drive them on my Velosturd.
>>
>>17335892
THICC rear wheels.
>>
>>17335892
unresponsive controls
unpredictable handling
at least 200 lbs heavier than it needs to be
steering three turns lock to lock
suspension that gains positive camber on compression
about 30 degrees of body roll
8:1 compression ratio
14 lbs of boost
>>
>>17335892
S N A P O V E R S T E E R
>>
>>17336162
>korean
>>
>>17335892
Cars that sacrifice comfort and performance for extra fun.
>>
>rear wheel drive
>5 on the floor

Thats about it really
>>
>>17335924
Know anything about the Fiata? I can't find anything about it outside of it being a Miata without angry headlights.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.