[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P0420 and P0340 How FUCKED am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Scotty-Kilmer-Mechanic.jpg (292KB, 1040x555px) Image search: [Google]
Scotty-Kilmer-Mechanic.jpg
292KB, 1040x555px
P0420 and P0340

How FUCKED am I?
>>
420 blaze it code absolutely FUCKED if you live in Cali
>>
File: 1479518822205.jpg (45KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1479518822205.jpg
45KB, 800x598px
Check engine light represent!
>>
>>17334689
>no fuel door arrow
>>
>>17334697
It's a German car so I know it's on the correct side.
>>
absolutely ducked
>>
>>17334688
came here to say this
put lacquer thinner in your gas to clean cat
ask scotty how
>>
might as well kill yourself
>>
>>17334673
>p0420
cut the cat off

>p0340
buy a new sensor
>>
>>17334673
What about P0031
>>
>>17334673
Check connection at cam sensor, clean it. Clear codes. See if it comes back. Replace if so.

Check if the gas cap is tight. That's usually all p0420 is but if not you're fugged without a smoke tester.
>>
>>17336316
>p0420
p0420 has nothing to do with the gas cap. Either one of two things are fucked and need to be replaced:

Catalytic Converter
or
O2 Sensors

The first easy solution is buy catclean at an autoparts store and follow the directions on that, 2nd easy solution is add half a gallon of lacquer thinner to your gas tank then fill up, then drive around. 3rd solution is get some liquid wrench, electric or air ratchet or impact gun, a torch and a trip to rockauto.com for a new cat and o2 sensor.
>>
Have a CEL for the egr in a 626. Should I get one from the scrapyard?
>>
>>17336346
Shit, thanks. Confused it with p0440. Nevermind then
>>
>>17336381
>p0440.
Yeah that code good luck randomly replacing parts on your own to fix lol. You definitely need a smoke machine if the gas cap wasn't the problem. Had that on my grand marquis, dropped the gas tank to replace the pressure sensor, sure enough it wasn't the sensor, there was legitimately a pressure leak. Had to take it to a mechanic where I got the car smoke tested, and smoke was pouring from the filler neck. Had to drop the tank again to replace.
>>
cut the cat
>>
>>17334673
Your triple fist fucked in the ass if your cats are in the headers.
>>
>>17334673
>straight pipe car
>p0420
Uh oh
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.