[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a civic expert or Honda competent anonbro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 20170604_112043.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_112043.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I'm working on a 94 civic. With a D16Z6 with vtec engine.
Currently have a P06 ecu. I know it's the wrong one but that is all I could get my hands on for now.
Previous owner either swapped the engine or the ecu. Evidence points to the ecu since it didn't have the factory labeling on it. Was labeled reman.
Now. She had a blown head gasket which was surprisingly easy. (Did an Audi and i wanted to die)
With the blown head gasket and poorly reman ecu (pic related) she ran. Shittily but she ran.
In the process of breakdown I noticed the coolant had residue bud m buildup in the iac and fitv so I've replaced both. Cleaned throttle body. The works.
After fresh parts install and proper fluid, she cranked up more beautiful than ever and even ran better (uh doi)
Seemed to not have properly tightened down the fitv choice plate so if fell off somewhere amidst driving. Fell into subframe so it wasn't lost. Replaced it and she hasn't started up since.
Just replaced the distributor and she turned over finally but only stayed running fire about 2 minutes before she bogged down to death. She shut off and had been that way since.
After replacing the dizzy was told I've also got a vacuum leak somewhere so i eliminated the charcoal canister so the only vacuum lines are for the brake booster fuel pressure regulator, pcv valve, and the throttle body. Still have open hoses where the charcoal canister should be.
Should I plug those?
What else should I look for as far as it not wanting to turn on?

Summary.
New dizzy so I've got spark,
Replaced the main relay and can clearly hear the fuel pump prime before ignition. ( also loosened the fuel filter banjo bolt and turn the key to on not crank and had the fuel spray for 3 seconds so it's putting out pressure)
So I've got fuel.
Can't find anything else in the engine with a vacuum line besides those listed.
So I'm guessing I've got air.
Any help?
>>
File: 20170418_172436.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_172436.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: 20170418_172402.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_172402.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Also pretty sure I've got the timing down correct. Like I says she ran previously
>>
If that's the original engine then the ECU is indeed swapped. The P06 is a non VTEC ECU.

I'm no expert myself but I've been learning on my own 94 Civic. Maybe the MAP sensor has gone bad?
>>
I think its the original engine. Because like I said the sticker on the side where the oem one is supposed to be isn't the same. And it says reman on it. So I'm assuming that was changed. But I've replaced it with oem but no vtec. Should still run. Shittily but running nonetheless.
>>
>>17334526
Civic expert here. Get the k-swap. I don't care what you drive, k-swap will do you right.
>>
>>17334563
Yeah I drove mine without VTEC for a long time so that should be fine. A bad MAP sensor will stop a car from starting so I'd start there though.

When I bought mine that sensor was going bad. Unplugging it will shut the car off and it'll refuse to start back up so that's what I'm leaning toward.
>>
>>17334566
That's for future anon to do. Right now I need this bitch up and running for work. To be my daily.
Writing in getting a 93 that has a k swap already.
Any advice on by current situation?
>>
>>17334526
>was told I have a vacuum leak
>still have open hoses
>>
>>17334625
All vacuum lines to the engine are correct. There was a line underneath the canister that feeds into the firewall. And another one next to it that had nothing attracted before I bought it. Meaning while running this line was open.
>>
File: 20170607_065715.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_065715.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
These three lines feed into the firewall. Only one was searched to the charcoal canister. One is opening towards the ground the other was u opening towards the hood
>>
File: 20170607_065344.jpg (971KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_065344.jpg
971KB, 2560x1440px
The one with the adapter was attached to the bottom of the charcoal canister.
>>
So I checked the map sensor.
White wire hovers at 2.9
Green and yellow reads -.03
White and red reads 5.02
Dcv 20v are those readings right?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.