[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quality of these generic body parts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (39KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
39KB, 1200x1200px
Yeah so I'm lookin at these parts for my Legacy GT and wondering if anyone has had experience with these sorts ebay-tier parts? The price seems stupidly low so I'm pretty concerned about fitment.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Subaru/Legacy/Replacement/Fender/1998/GT/4_Cyl_2-dot-5L/2502.html
>>
I'd redo the primer, just to make sure
>>
>>17331083
ive always lived by the rule that you physically buy the body parts to evaluate whether they were made like paper machae or quality fiberglass..

its a big investment so you know, make sure the shit is ok
>>
>>17331083
Buy oem ones faggot. You buy cheap you buy twice.

T. Someone that didn't insist on oem parts and now has to pay again for it to be done properly
>>
You could try to scavenge the junkyards and try to find one in good condition. I`d suggest repainting those cheapo chink/flip parts and rustproofing them if you live in places with snow, or salty sea air. There`s also a chance they don`t fit exactly right and might need some modding, bending and adjusting.
>>
>>17331163
I had a local body parts store look around and they came up with nothing. Not: "Hey yeah no salvage parts but I can sell you new OEM," but literally: "we found nothing."
>>
>>17331136

Theres not much to go wrong with a front fender, except premature rust and it not fitting correctly. If it was a structural part, then you should be worried. I`ve seen chink made replacement crossmembers that are made out of metal way too thin.
>>
>>17331176

You could try going around and calling local yards yourself. I doubt the store will bother to call through all of them.
>>
>>17331136
I hear what you are saying but I think that for this car it just isn't worth it to buy new OEM. It's already got 167000 miles on it and some decent rust stating up in other areas, this is just the most egregious damage needed fixing to make it look presentable.
>>
buy it. it's 50 bucks. worst case scenario you return it if it turns out to be a piece of shit.
>>
>>17331192

Shops suck at finding salvage parts, except for super common vehicles.
>>
>>17331180
Bad fitment is the only reason you need to buy a oem piece.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.