[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E30 Suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I am planning to buy an E30 BMW as my first car. What basic mods should I do.? I am not planning anything fancy yet (m40 to m20 swap will be later in life, hopefully), just basic mods that'll make my ride more enjoyable...
>>
Bump. Also looking to get an e30. Are they good for DD?
>>
>>17330006

There are some totally sick replacement parts in the OEM catalog that are identical to the ones on your car except nicer and newer.

I recommend a dope new OEM exhaust for more power, a rad set of OEM wheels and a less restrictive brand new OEM air filter to get you started bro.
>>
>>17330014
the image is found from the internet... I am just planning to buy the same chassis...
>>
>>17330019

Oh my bad, in that case you should get some cool OEM timing equipment and a wicked OEM differential alongside some OEM body panels painted in a sweet factory colour to really help you stand out from the crowd.
>>
>>17330020
Sounds good
>>
Get a 325. I've heard the 4cyl ones are completely anemic.
>>
>>17330006
first mod for your type is always to kill yourself.
>>
File: Schwarz.jpg (302KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarz.jpg
302KB, 1600x1200px
>>17330006
You shouldn't really think about mods before you've driven the car. It's way easier to determine what you need to change once you get the feeling that it's shitty. My recommendation is to get a 318is as it's enough power to start and the engines guts are quite allright for a bit of tuning to get it faster than a 325i.
>>
>>17330064
318is is above my price range.
>>17330043
I am planning to do an engine swap in the future.
>>
>>17330218
for what? If you use a later straight six from bmw, the engine will come all the way to the front, almost touching the radiator.
>>
>>17330006
Fucking Germans with their over-engineering. Save your time and money unless you want to pay around 18k after 10 years in maintenance fees alone
>>
suspension for starting mods. get good springs (h&r, ireland engineering) and then figure out some good shock like koni yellows or maybe camaro adjustable shocks in rear. sway bars and LSD also are good.

If you're going to bother swapping it I would say go for an M50/M50 or S50/S52 if you can afford it. M20s aren't that great and worth swapping in unless you get one for stupid cheap. Decent to go turbo though, but so are the M/S engines
>>
>>17330301
The thing is, my parents are planning to buy me a car for around $5k-ish. In my country, taxes and petrol is expensive and I don't wanna over burden my parents. They're already paying my college fees. I chose E30 316i due to it being E30.
>>
>>17330368
I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>17330442
My first E30 was a totally fucked up 316, suspension, bodywork, everything was shot. I had an aquarium in the trunk and mold on the rear seats. But It was a cheap rear wheel drive runner that served it's purpose.

Still, after you graduate, what kind of engine are you thinking of? Personally I'd love one of those yamaha-built volvo v8's that you find in the S80 and XC90 of a few years back. But those blocks are probably pretty pricey and they have a fly-by-wire throttle.
>>
>>17330043

>>17330689
I found m20 parts for cheap... including the engine!
>>
As someone who currently owns and e30 (87 325e,) If there is any mod worth doing to the car just aesthetic wise that is cheap, get the euro headlight grill. It is under 70 bucks to do and worth every bit. Makes it look more aggressive. Also, tint the headlights and taillights. Once you get some money coming through your way, slam that bitch. Don't get raceland (riceland) coilovers though. They are the worst things in the world. Wheels also do wonders. The car is super cheap to do any mod to considering they made the fucking thing from the early 80s to early 90s. So yeaaaah. But motor swap wise, it is going to be more expensive to build a m20 motor than it will be to build and swap a motor from an e36. If you are currently looking at an auto e30, don't do anything aesthetic and save up for a manual swap. Auto to manual is always first priority when it comes to e30's. The autos are notorious for breaking. But just ask any more questions and I will answer to my best abilities.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.