[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is opinion on Car Brands? (College work research)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Cars.jpg (173KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
Cars.jpg
173KB, 600x340px
I am a Graphic Design college student and my project is create a new ficctional brand of cars focused on "Gear Heads" and i want know if you guys can could answer some questions

>What car means for you?
>What you want try find when you want get a new car to use?
>You put your car trustness on a brand?
>>
>>17324688
1. A car is a means to get around for normies. For enthusiasts, cars are an extension of one's personality and passion.
2. I try and find a good mix of power, utility, and comfort in cars I buy. I look for cars with the best balance of those three traits and compare them through dealership visits and test drives.
3. My parents have a big boner over volvo, but I have less of an orientation towards particular car manufacturers. I do have a preference for European-manufactured cars, however.
>>
>>17325107
> I do have a preference for European-manufactured cars, however.

More Italian, UK or German?
>>
Cars are contrived lifeforms that need to be nurtured and cared for to get the best out of them. They each have their own personalities and needs.

I want a car that I am personally attracted to and also a car that mechanically functions. It could be any car, I just have to like how it looks and how it runs.

I don't care for any specific brand bit there are definitely brands that I put me off from a car like pretty much any American brand.
>>
>>17324688
1. Object of interest due to being a complex machine. I like machines and learning how they work and you can learn so much about principles of physics and other things on a machine as abundant as car its crazy. Plus they can be made beautiful which you can hardly say about router or whatever. I dont like driving itself and I cannot wait for autonomous cars to come though.

2. It needs to fit my current needs.

3. It has some effect on me, yes. But deep down I know its the same shit and corners have been cut everywhere to make more money.
>>
>>17324688
Sure thing CIA nigger
1. Transportation
1.2 A hobby
2. Something reliable that, if I do get in a crash with, will make it quick and painless. Also, avoid slowness.
3. No, but I won't avoid a brand because of one bad personal experience
>>
>>17324688
1. Something you can depend on for utility and fun.
2. Something without too many nanny-state electronics or a shit engine/appearance. Fake 4x4 is rampant and annoying. It's AWD for fuck's sake.
3. Ford has never let me down but their new trucks look like ass.
>>
File: 1480273074165.jpg (2MB, 3500x1783px) Image search: [Google]
1480273074165.jpg
2MB, 3500x1783px
Im am an automotive design student
>A way to show off and express Im 'different'
>Well i mean thats really broad. Im not a married dad with a family so I guess I want a 'cheap' sports car
>general mechanical quality and design. I could care less if the interior parts were made of cardboard. As long as the car works in all environments and looks nice.
>>
>>17324688
>What car means for you?
Its like a pet or a farm animal made out of metal and oil
>What you want try find when you want get a new car to use?
Car for a "Gear head" should come as a template you can wrench and "Customize".
Want more power? Get performance parts.
Want more comfy? Get the luxury parts.
Want more utility? Make parts that are cheap to manufacture and easy to replace so I am not afraid to bang up my bumpers/trunk.
>You put your car trustness on a brand?
All of them are intermerried now, but I do like to root for the little guys like Mazda and Škoda/SEAT
>>
>>17324688
If you're going to talk to enthusiasts, you need to learn some lingo. Are you asking people what they'd prefer as their "daily driver" or what they would take to the "car meet" or to "track day"? If they're racing on the weekends, is it drag racing or autocross? If it's the car show, are they stancefags into negative camber? Each of those groups will give you wildly different answers to your questions. Then you got the mechanics and the techs and they may not be all that into modding at all but are very very savvy about build quality and reliability of the various makes and models and have an almost Jew sense about what's good for the money and what isn't. That crowd will give you yet a different set of answers.
>>
Thanks for all questions everybody and >>17326246 I'm not from CIA
>>
>>17326432
I know about cars and car language, but my focus here was on what the consumer (Aka. anime and other people that I asked the question) wants to drive

One thing is know the car culture, other is know what people need to know in order of trust in a brand
>>
>>17327671
About your other question, I meant for both

A brand of cars that take the driver where they go, on track and on streets

If is a family trip, or a Drifito competition on the mountains
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.