[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Totaled project car..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-06-04-17-46-59.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-04-17-46-59.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Hello my fellow car /o/wners, I'm looking for a new project car. I currently daily drive a highly modified Kia Soul (yeah, you can poke fun later), my project car however was a 1991 Miata..was because it is currently in a Police impound lot burnt to a crisp. A good friend of mine was driving the Miata and got rear ended from some moron texting and driving. When hit the gas tank ruptured and the rear of the car burst into flames while he went into a 180 spin to face oncoming traffic, hit from the front, did another 180 spin into the wall...needless to say the car is a completed loss including most of the aftermarket work done to it. My friend is doing well with just a minor concussion thank God and we have hired a lawyer. This is a testament to Takata harnesses as without them in the vehicle and the removal of the airbags from the car he would have been knocked out at minimum and according to the police likely ejected from the car. With that all said..I seriously need a new project car. I live in Phoenix Arizona so it's not rust prone which means older cars are definitely okay!
>>
sounds like a pretty hektik way to kill a miata
>>
>>17323546
I mean the license plate did say HAVIK
>>
Do you think you were being punished for your soul?
>>
>gas tank ruptured
>burst into flames
ya okay buddy, this isn't an action movie that shit wouldn't happen just from being hit, 1/10 made me reply
>>
>>17324928
>collisions don't produce sparks
>>
>>17324949
I've been in a couple accidents and not once were there sparks erupting everywhere that a gas tank could ignite. Unless there was a piece of metal right next to the tank constantly grinding on the ground make continuous sparks then it might be slightly possible but OP makes it sound like it happened immediately after being hit which is bullshit
>>
>>17324963
>>17324949
>>17324928
>not knowing about the pinto
>>
>>17325026
>pinto isn't a miata
>>
>>17324963
What is a hot exhaust system sliding against the pavement in a ridiculously low vehicle thats just had its suspension collapsed by an impact

Its like you forgot to renew your bus pass, anon.
>>
>>17325037
>Average exhaust tip temp is between 300 and 500
>takes 495 degrees to ignite gasoline
>ruptured gas tank probably still wouldn't cause the whole car to go up since most would spill on the ground at impact
Gee you would think you'd do more research sitting on the bus anon
>>
>>17325066
495 degrees to ignite gasoline liquid, yes.

Vapor, however
>>
>>17324963
> What is the Ford Pinto
>>
File: Starship Trooper - Yes.jpg (47KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
Starship Trooper - Yes.jpg
47KB, 640x350px
> I currently daily drive a highly modified Kia Soul

I'm highly interested. Please tell me more.
>>
>>17323542
If rust isn't an issue, look for an AW11 or SW20. Both are reasonably cheap, and have good aftermarkets.

Glad to hear your friend is okay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.