[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lads, I have a decision to make, and I need help my insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1495406582499.jpg (216KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
1495406582499.jpg
216KB, 1100x733px
lads, I have a decision to make, and I need help

my insurance is currently AAA, $160/mo. I'm with my parents so I'm not paying out the ass, but it's still pretty high. I've been driving for 3 years and I'm only 20 so I'd get raped if I were alone. They're switching to Allstate next month, and they offered me 40 per month, but I'd have to remove my name from the registration.

Sounds odd to me, but is it really a big deal to not have my name on the registration? If I'm pulled over will I be fucked?
>>
>>17322958
>is it really a big deal to not have my name on the registration? If I'm pulled over will I be fucked?
No but it doesn't make sense unless they're lying on your parents application which would be illegal and I could report that agent to the insurance board and have their license pulled.
>>
>>17323030

I figure since I'm newer that's driving the price of the insurance up, if I'm not on it it'll be as if only my parents are driving.

they said the coverage would still extend to me or anyone that's driving so it's bad is it?
>>
>>17323071
>if I'm not on it it'll be as if only my parents are driving.
That's not the way it works. If you are still living in the house, they'll know. And if you are a regular driver, they'll know. And if you lie to them and they do an audit you'll owe any unpaid premium and/or they'll drop your policy altogether which will then go on your family record and will be visible to any new insurance company you go to for the next 5 years and will be factored into your new premium.

Why are you trying to break the law?
>>
>>17323137

I'm not living in the house

exactly how does this work, I want to get this agent into shit for trying to trick my parents.
>>
25 here, insurance just dropped to 137 plpd. Was paying 400 a month with a brand new car full coverage.
>>
>>17323162
>I'm not living in the house
Hold on, back up. Are you just away at school or do you live on your own?

If you're just away at school then you technically still live at home. You can put the car in your parents name and drive it, but you made it sound like you're going to pretend you don't drive it at all. That's stupid. You still have to tell them you drive it. They'll ask your parents what percentage of who drives what car.
>>
>>17323216

I have an apartment
>>
>>17322958
>they offered me 40 per month, but I'd have to remove my name from the registration

it sounds like they want to put the registration in your parents name so the cost of insurance would go down..?

as long as your parents aren't dicks and report the car stolen for shits and giggles, there's no real problem unless you have a different last name, cops usually only ask for your license and insurance
>>
File: Amber Heard03.jpg (799KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Amber Heard03.jpg
799KB, 1920x1200px
>>17322958
didn't read your post, just came to post this
>>
>>17323623

yes, that's the insurance guy's plan. or at least it's an option. even if I keep my name on the registration and get full coverage it's cheaper than what I'm paying right now

but the other anon said it's bad and I could get in trouble. so I'm not sure now
>>
>>17322958
Chop your dick off and claim your female.
>>
>>17322958
>Sounds odd to me, but is it really a big deal to not have my name on the registration?

The method OP described is only available from insurance companies that allow the primary insured holders to allow someone else in the family to do errands for them such as occasional once per week shopping trips. It is not for regular or constant driving by the errand runner.

My insurance company doesn't allow that kind of family insurance plan. A policy is issued only to primary insurance holders and any errand person must have their own separate insurance.
>>
>>17322958
>I've been driving for 3 years and I'm only 20
>$160/mo
wtf do you drive?
I've been driving for 5, am 21, clean record, 90's econobox, 24 bucks a month.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.