[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2011 Chrysler 200

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 260854.jpg (38KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
260854.jpg
38KB, 900x600px
Bought in 2012 w/20000km

Just passed 230000km, mostly highway commuting back and forth to work.

I have changed the filters, tires and oil. That's it.
Never changed the brakes
Never even checked the transmission level.
Never changed the cv's or anything else.
Never added coolant power steering or brake juice. All levels are still up.

The car is running fine, if it isn't broke don't fix it? Am I just lucky getting away with it? I mean it clicks from the brakes/tires when I'm at a stop then idle ahead, like in a drivethrew. Some other non scary clicks I've noticed.
>>
And, it's never not started. Going back and forth to work everyday for the last 5 years, even through the -30 Canadian winters not plugged in.
>>
>200k kilometers on the same brakepads and disks

what ???????????????
you're either retarded because your dealership changed them in your last schedueled service, or shitposting.
>>
I have never taken it in. I'm dead serious. Never changed them myself. It sounds like I'm an idiot. But I've gone 230000 km with damn near zero maintenance. Never had it serviced.

I've changed the oil regularly I don't bag it, and it's mostly all highway kms.
>>
>>17321432
pic of car, and pic of your fucking calipers

otherwise you're full of shit
>>
>>17321442
Mkay, brb. I dunno what the caliber is but I will take a picture of general area.
>>
File: bus_driver_431x300.jpg (21KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
bus_driver_431x300.jpg
21KB, 431x300px
>>17321425

Simply the fact that he says a Chrysler 200 lasted that long indicates that he is obviously lying. Chrysler 200s are some of the worst cars on the road.
>>
File: DSC_0014.jpg (522KB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0014.jpg
522KB, 3104x1746px
So the light sucks this is the best I could get of the caliber I think.
>>
File: DSC_0012.jpg (864KB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0012.jpg
864KB, 3104x1746px
>>17321478
I know, I never bothered because Its a Chrysler and it was going.to break anyway. But it hasn't broke.
>>
>>17321506
>Oil change required
You should heed the warning
>>
File: DSC_0011.jpg (1MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0011.jpg
1MB, 3104x1746px
>>17321502
I will go find a flashlight if anybody wants a better picture.

I think I will change the brakes once something happens, all four will not fail at the same time.
>>
>>17321455

>Chrysler driver is actually retarded

Nothing new here
>>
>>17321508
I change the.oil but idk how to reset the message.
>>
>>17321514
I mean, maybe. But I have not spent any money on keeping this car running. And I've saved a ton of money for a brand new car for when I'm done with this one.

Unfortunately.my neglect means nobodies going to buy this from me, ever. Unless they have extra chromosomes
>>
Nobody believes me?
Thanks for the inputs carfaggs
>>
>>17321593

it's not that we don't believe you

it's that there's nothing to say. You've neglected your car and with a bit of luck, it's still fine.

You've endangered yourself by not paying attention to maintenance on the machine that drives you at 60+mph on the highway, and clearly you're not very clever. You are both a danger to yourself and other drivers around you.

look at that thing, it's a heap.

public transport is good in canada, maybe you should give it a try and save more money, since you clearly are too cheap to skip on some 20 dollar brakepads.
>>
>>17321648
Well, thanks for that. I think it's fine, it's just weird.

I am putting it down to rural highway travelling. It would be a different story if I lived in the city.
>>
>>17321478
The 200s weren't the most exciting or best riding, or had class leading.... well anything, but I don't think they have a reputation for being particularly troublesome. I'd take one in a heartbeat over a 5th gen Malibu.
>>
>>17321511
They will make noise and grind when they get thin enough.

I just changed the original front pads on my Five Hundred at 120k miles, they still had some meat left, but while I had them apart it made sense to change them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.