[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Hyundai elantra a good vehicle to buy for the warranty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1496354897917.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496354897917.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
Is a Hyundai elantra a good vehicle to buy for the warranty? I've never bought a new car and worried about its warranty.
>>
>>17320746
no. just get a civic for 3k or fix your current car. you should have enough money on hand to cover any repairs.
>>
>>17320746
Go to Consumer Reports and get whatever commuter shitbox they recommend. Don't pay attention to the warranty at all.
>>
Look at certified pre-owned cars. Warranty on much better vehicles
>>
Warranty claims are frequently denied. If you're looking for peace of mind, find it in keeping a fat wallet.
>>
>>17320746
Just lease it and give it back before it falls apart.
>>
>>17321013
Thank you, I've decided to look at older used cars before I try to get a newer car.
>>
You could buy a used pickup truck on Craigslist for a couple of grand and spend minimal funds in repairs for a good few years.
>>
>>17321434
a 3k civic is perfect for you. post your local craigslist.
>>
>>17320746
>Is a Hyundai elantra a good vehicle to buy for the warranty?
Warranty claims can be denied.
>>
>>17324290
>hey yea I know you came in complaining about an issue that has nothing to do with the engine or oil but we need your oil service history records or I can't reasonably fix your unrelated issue
>>
>>17324304
Even when they do approved warranty work, it's all done on the flat rate system, so the tech in charge of fixing your car wants to do the job as fast as possible. And if there's a corner to be cut to save time, he'll cut it.
Warranties are more meme marketing than they are real and all carmakers tend to honor them just as little as they think they can get away with.
>>
>>17320746
If the warranty is worth it, then the car is shit and not worth your time. If the car is worth it, then the warranty is shit and not worth your time. Concern yourself with the car.

If you absolutely have to get a new car, the '16 Elantras are going for dirt-fucking-cheap right now, and many dealers still have a couple sitting in their inventory yet. Call around and find one; don't wait around or you'll miss out. Dump it around 60k, when it still holds a lot of value; or drive it until it fucking dies.

The new Elantras have an improved interior and better option offering, but I have a preference for pre-2011 models. To be honest, you're better off buying a used one. Anything 2008 and newer is going to hold a surprising amount of value in the current market. However, the American auto market is shifting back towards crossovers, light trucks, and SUVs, so expect current trends to shift over the next few years (unless we see another recession, that is).

>>17324437
Even going "by-the-book" (Alldata), performing a repair or maintenance service usually takes less time under warranty conditions than under normal conditions.
>>
Hyundai's warranty is a 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty. This means it only covers the parts of the engine that are internally lubricated.

In reality the warranty is an industry standard 3 year 36k mile warranty
>>
>>17320746
NO don't fucking buy that please
>>
>>17320746
Whether or not you actually get warranty service is another matter. That attitude varies by dealer. The reason why Hyundai began the warranty wars competition was because early korean cars had recalls, safety issues, reliability issues, and even paint and maintenance issues. So the warranty program was started to fight public perception and reassure the public into buying hyundai.

Over time, that worked because the company actually did honor the warranty and provided warranty services. But now that the cars are more popular, we have begun seeing disqualifications of warranty service appear.

Warranties can be disqualfied if car owners don't properly maintain their car. That also means having records of proper maintenance. Maintenance must also be correctly done. Incorrectly maintained cars can be disqualified.
>>
>>17325702
>Warranties can be disqualfied if car owners don't properly maintain their car.
Other people have posted before that their dealership rejected warranty service because the independent shop didn't perform a prior repair correctly. That's the thing about these 3/5/7 year overlapping warranties on different systems and parts of the car. How and why does the dealer reject warranty coverage of a system covered under the powertrain warranty for a maintenance item elsewhere.
>>
>>17320746
Uber has lots full of recent model Hyundai all for sale. I guess those are their Uber driver lease returns. Presumably, Uber cars haven't been too abused with passengers onboard, but no telling how the drivers are without passengers. I passed by one such lot with maybe 75 hyundai there.
>>
>>17320746
>I've never bought a new car and worried about its warranty.
At the least, look through the consumer reports annual auto issue. April 2017.
>>
>>17320746
>I've never bought a new car
If you don't drive a lot, there is no need to buy a new car either. All you'll do is waste the biggest depreciation period of the car during that 3 year warranty. If you don't drive it enough, those latent problems that need 30K miles to appear won't appear before your warranty runs out.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.