[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>YES YOU ARE FUCKED, SHIT OUT OF LUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

>YES YOU ARE FUCKED, SHIT OUT OF LUCK
>>
Shit's on way more often than not in my V8 ZJ. I'd check it if it still had an OBD port. Seems fine though.
>>
>>17319183
Probably the exhaust sensor
It might be making you suck more fuel than it should.
>>
File: how-to-access-OBDII-port.jpg (49KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-access-OBDII-port.jpg
49KB, 700x394px
WAIIIIT, WAIT, WAIT YOU MOTHA FUCKA
>>
>>17319167
>your meaningless sensor #32455 is bad!
>keep driving
>>
I just turn my key 3 times and the codes pop up on my odometer.
T. Oil pressure sensor every freaking time every 3-4 months
>>
File: didnt hurry up.png (380KB, 450x386px) Image search: [Google]
didnt hurry up.png
380KB, 450x386px
>nah its basically another maintenance light, youre fine dude
>>
>>17319167
>Not blinking

It's fine.
>>
>tfw you cut your catalytic converter out and caused the check engine light to always be on

now nothing can go wrong in my car. it feels so good. i dont know why more people get controlled check engines in their car
>>
>>17319167
HARDWIRED TO SELF-DESTRUCT
>>
>>17319167
Can mean anything from "you need to put the gas cap back on" to "you've got 3 weeks of engine life left if you don't take care of it". You won't know unless you scan it. Scantools are cheap these days, and you can even get most auto parts stores to scan it for you for free.
>>
File: 1251754285973.jpg (83KB, 360x322px) Image search: [Google]
1251754285973.jpg
83KB, 360x322px
>oil all over two of my sparkplugs
>misfire feeling like a clogged fuel filter
>car shudders violently if I try to accelerate at too low RPM (not lugging, I could in the past)
>no check engine light or any codes
What's the point of OBDII again?
>>
>>17320250
>Scantools are cheap these days
Pretty much this. Walmart had them on clearance for $20 a while ago. I could kick myself in the ass for not getting one, but honestly I could order a Bluetooth OBDII dongle and just use my phone for way less.

>>17320252
>What's the point of OBDII again?
To check why your check engine light is on.
>>
>>17319167

Just turn your key a bit further and start the engine.

There - All gone.
>>
File: 1484090787267.gif (201KB, 190x152px)
1484090787267.gif
201KB, 190x152px
>the check engine light has been on for 4 years
>haven't checked it once
>just waiting for something to happen
>>
>>17320267
I have severe issues that herald the imminent death of my engine, and the computer remains silent on the matter. What does it take for that fucking light to come on? Is it just to harass you about bullshit exhaust sensors because muh environment?
>>
>>17320284
How is it supposed to sense your fucked head gasket?
>>
>>17319167
An OBDII tool is a permanent feature in my car. Not that I really ever need to read trouble codes as I haven't had a code in over a year, but I use my phone as a GPS, music player, engine readout, dashcam, and trouble code notifier. Just dock the phone on the dash when I get in, I've got it set up to start all of it automatically.
>>
>>17320252
DESU, it's more about emissions and vehicle inspection than it is about making sure your car is running right. Sometimes you can totally ignore the MIL if it's emissions related and you live somewhere like Wyoming where nobody's going to care. I'd scan it anyway just to see what the PCM's bitching about in any case.
>>
>>17320717
lol, reminds me, we had a car in with what was obviously a conrod coming apart, the noise the conrod bearing was making against the crankshaft was just nightmare fuel. Obviously the engine is done for...

Trouble code : Misfire detected.
No other faults present.
>>
>car goes into limp mode
>>
>>17319196
Gets about 17 but maybe I'll check. It does smell rich.
>>
who /ServiceEngineSoon/ master race
>>
>>17319167
> THE DEMON CODE PREVENTS ME FROM DECLINING A ROCK OFF CHALLENGE
>>
>>17321763
Checking in.
OBD1. SES light occasionally comes on during a certain type of driving because of some EGR bullshit.
>turn engine off
>back on
>no more light
>>
File: 1493402520845.png (246KB, 356x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493402520845.png
246KB, 356x364px
>check engine light goes on and off at least three times a week at random
>GM Problems
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.