[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squeaky flipping brakes!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: sedan.jpg (204KB, 584x328px) Image search: [Google]
sedan.jpg
204KB, 584x328px
Anyone have one of these and have had break issues?

I'm tempted to scrap the damn thing!
>>
>>17318355
Not sure about your specific model but it's a thing on quite a few cars. Dirt can get trapped and causes the noise.
>>
Either dirt as anon posted, discs need machining or replacement. If it were me, I'd replace my entire car if I had to drive a fucking Astra. Dear christ those things are horrible.
>>
File: vic.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
vic.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>17318355

I had a very high pitched squeek on my Crown Vic brakes for a long time. It drove me nuts. It was so high that my dad could not hear it at all. It wasn't because of wear; the brakes were brand new. I installed the new rotors and pads and they just squeeked ever since. I took the brakes on and off lubing and gluing them time after time in attempt to correct the problem.

I wasn't successful until I replaced the pads with those of a different material (from semi-metallic to ceramic). I found ceramic AC Delco brakes for cheap on Rockauto, and they worked like a dream. Silent.

Of course, your first line of defense for squeaking should be properly lubing your slides and all of your brake hardware. I recommend buying a big tube of silicone grease from Amazon and using that on all your brake parts. The stuff they sell you specifically for brakes is a rip off. Any high-temp silicone grease will work as good or better. I even put the silicone grease on the back of the pads where they contact the caliper on both sides. All this helps to muffle any minute, high frequency vibration that may occur.

Of none of that helps, switch pads to a different type of friction material.
>>
>>17318361
Yeah I'm tempted the things reliable for A- B but something goes every year unlike other vehicles I have had.
>>
>>17318372
Thanks il look into it
>>
>>17318355
My breaks sounded like a derailing train recently. A small stone got wedged inside one break. First time I had this happen in 10+ years.
>>
File: SqueekyBrakes.jpg (326KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
SqueekyBrakes.jpg
326KB, 3264x1836px
Squeeky drums; clean the inside of dust, polish drum contact surface with fine wet sandpaper
Squeeky discs; could be a number of things. I'd first try removing the pads and applying brake grease to the back of them, where the piston touches
>>
>>17318355
Check your drums/disks for scratches and dust, check your caliper cushions, and name sure your break pads are a good thickness
>>
>>17318355
anon for the love of Opel please get a Astra H, it's way better than the shit you have. As an Opel fan, please.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>17318477
>Astra H

But its worse than the previous Astra in every way, it doesn`t even have a real temp gauge.
>>
>>17318638
the 1.6 with 115hp is decent, never had a problem with it. I heard the suspension is going to shite, but not for me yet.
>>
I just put grease on the discs. The braking power isnt the same (Its like only a 5% loss tho) but I'll take that any day over squeaky brakes!
>>
>>17318355
I had one of those. Replace the brakes, check the system as a whole.
The squeak was a prelude to the piston going, and taking the caliper with it as it jammed up.
>>
I would say to just scrap it, it's likely the brakes will be worth more than the car at this point
>>
>new front rotors (slotted/drilled)
>Good new premium pads front and rear
>Recond front calipers if needed
>get new master cylinder if needed
>Make sure there is no intake/booster vacuum leaks
And last of dont drive a fucking astra, they are horrid little cars and most of them pre 201x are aweful, particularly the early 2000's models
>>
>>17318355
>Squeaky flipping brakes!
You need to lubricate the contact points between the back of the pad and the caliper. The squeaking is vibration. Grease will prevent it.
>>
>>17318702

At least its not a Focus, or Golf.

The only car with a interior worse than the Focus is the Multipla.
>>
>>17320548
Focus and golf are better cars u Muppet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.