[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fusion or Mazda3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: j00kl9ui28.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
j00kl9ui28.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
Alright boys I need your input.

I have finally graduated and saved up a little bit of money and think it is time to finally buy my own car. I have been using my dad's 2005 Civic for six years now and want something newer and more fun to drive on my commute and in my spare time.

I visited a few dealerships, browsed the local listings and narrowed down the sort of car I want to to two prospects: Ford Fusion and Mazda 3.

I was able to get quoted $16k for a 2014 Ford Fusion with 25k miles and $10k for a 2013 Mazda 3 with 35k miles. Both appear to drive normally and were a lot of fun. At this point I am not too sure how to determine which is best. Some articles on the internet swear by the Mazda while I have heard the Fusion is way better.

Which should I go with /o/?
>>
>>17317668
Two different leagues. Mazda 3 is comparable to the focus, fusion the 6. Basically not only are you comparing make but also the category of model.
>>
>>17317668
3k civic fuck off
>>
>>17317668
Consider the comfyness and appeal of interior. You're going to use and see it every day for several years.
>>
>>17317668
Also we don't know trim. As a new grad, assuming you qualify for other programs a 2017 base fusion can be had in the $18,000 range all day everyday. So what are we dealing with in terms of trim?
>>
>>17317668

you should buy a 2006 Civic 5-speed
>>
Just lease an S63.
>>
>>17317668
>those cars
>fun
pick one. for a little bit more you could get a g37 with a manual trans.
>>
>>17317684

Not sure about the trim on the Mazda. The FUsion is an SE, NAV, with a leather interior and rear view mirror. The dealer said it was a luxury package sedan, although I'm not sure if that necessarily impacts the value of the Fusion.

>>17317675
I guess what I am looking for is which one has the best value for what I'll be using it for: city driving and highway commuting. Not looking to reach top speeds or anything, just to enjoy my car whenever I drive it. The ford did look a lot more spacious and I liked that, but the Mazda definitely had a better acceleration and feel to driving.
>>
>>17317725
>rear view mirror

meant to say camera
>>
>>17317705

>for a little bit more you can get a car just as heavy, with a useless back seat and the motor out of a Pathfinder

you're supposed to give OP good ideas.
>>
>>17317725
Don't buy a fusion. It's not sporty. It's not luxurious. it doesn't even have a "luxury package" the dealer is full of shit. the best fusion is the titanium and now platinum. You're making a huge mistake by going to a dealer and not knowing what you want. Makes it real easy for them to talk you into a shit car.

Post your local craigslist. Are you paying cash or financing? How much down? Do you even know your credit score?
>>
>>17317761

Credit is low 700s. I will be paying for it with an auto loan, I make decent money and can afford the monthly payment. At this point I just need to find the right car.

If not the fusion what's a <$20,000 Sedan that is better than what I described? Is the Mazda 3 a good value for that price? I checked the sticky and some others I can see myself getting are a Volkswagen, Chevrolet, or Hyundai. The Fusion and the Mazda are just the best prices for 2013 - 2014 cars I could find out of the dealerships I looked at.
>>
>>17317774
Why do you need a sedan? You're a man with no kids right? You're an enthusiast right? Otherwise why are you here? if you just want an appliance, any will do.
>>
>>17317725
The Fusion is a much bigger family car. If you plan to have 4/5 passengers a lot then it'll be much nicer, but if this is mainly personal transport then save money with the 3.

Would make a lot more sense to decide what segment you want first, and then start comparing models.
>>
Civic
>>
File: retard joe.gif (1011KB, 450x365px) Image search: [Google]
retard joe.gif
1011KB, 450x365px
>>17317668
>>17317796
>>17317813
>>17317815
seriously guys, nobody mentioned a twingo
>>
Fusion is gonna be regretted. For 12-15 grand I'd get a Civic Si or V6 Camry/Accord. I'm assuming you can't drive a stick.
>>
>>17318650
>can't drive a stick
could you imagine? Posting on a car board without even being able to drive a manual
really makes you ponder
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.