[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So i drive a 93 toyota camry with 180k miles on it. total beater with multiple things wrong with it that i just have never been able to afford to get fixed. been driving without power steering for over a year now just because the guy(s) i took it too quoted me 2k+ to replace the hoses and the pump. bunch of other issues i wont get into here.

now, i'm a safe driver. never had so much as a speeding ticket. 4 days ago i was sitting at a red light and some pajeet in a mercedes benze rear ends me pretty damn hard. my camry still runs and is driveable, well as driveable as it was before the rear ending. so anyways, i take it into the shop my insurance company told me to take into and then they are going to see what pajeets insurance company is going to do. the insurance lady was saying something about "totalling out" my car which i don't really understand.

has anyone been through something similar and can let me know what to expect?
>>
>>17316743
*i take it into the shop this monday
>>
Who cares its a 93 shit box that has the same technology as a SNES.
>>
File: 1471791907242.jpg (34KB, 376x302px) Image search: [Google]
1471791907242.jpg
34KB, 376x302px
>yfw they won't bother paying you the money to fix a 1993 shitbox, so they will just pay you the market value

That's why she mentioned totalling your vehicle.
>>
>>17316779
its the only car i got and i can't afford a new one.
>>
>>17316781
do i get to keep my car? or do they have to haul it off to the junkyard? it still works
>>
>>17316791
You can choose to keep it
>>
>>17316795
so... win for me?
>>
>>17316799
Well post pics of your car first
>>
>>17316795
>>17316791

no, you do not keep your car. part of the agreement for the payout is you sign the title over to them, even if it salvaged. they have a streamlined process to auction off these vehicles.

OP, the issue is that the market value for your car is likely dog shit. like my Miata's market value (according to the state) is literally $500 even though it's worth $4000 on the used market. so you need to make sure you are going to receive a solution that still results in you having a running car.

also, how the hell are you so poor that you can't drive anything but a 93 camry?
>>
>>17316806
With his car being a fucking 93 camry, he can probably easily buy it back from the insurance.
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17316802
that crack in the back light assembly was him. the trunk doesn't close as good and requires several slams to get locked in. the back left wheel has started making a squeeking sound.
>>
>>17316806
>how the hell are you so poor that you can't drive anything but a 93 camry?

i live in an area with a really high cost of living.
>>
also, would saying my neck hurts help me jew this guy out of more dough? my neck was sore for the first 2-3 days after.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.