[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this collision place shafting me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20170526_210856.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_210856.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So this cart hit my car during a storm and left a dent. I took it to a collision repair place and got an estimate. There seems to be some unrelated stuff theyre charging for though, like replacing the Impala emblem... theres nothing wrong with it.. wat do? They want to keep the car for 1.5 weeks and i'd rather have the car sooner.
>>
Here solution:
>Drive to junkyard
>Get new door for 75 bucks
>Put new door on
>Congratulations, you've avoided the jews known as collision repair shops.
>>
I can't post pics of the estimate because of the file limit but I can list them

>roof RT molding + clear coat
>replace RT emblem flying impala on quarter panel
>corrosion protection for rear bumper

I don't see how any of this related to the side door dent.
>>
First off, make sure the place doesn't do a ton of insurance work. I had some dents and light paint damage in my car and took it to a really good body shop that did insurance work and they quoted me $2,300. I then got a quote from a shop a relative referred me to and they charged $350 to take out 3 dents and do paint touch up. The insurance place wanted way too much because they were gonna do too much. They wanted to take my doors and a quarter panel off and apart and completely repaint them when touch up was really all it needed. Make sure you're at the right place
>>
>>17304860
Sounds like what's happening here. Grand total is $2283 while costs for the door are only about $550 + labor
>>
>>17304857
All the stuff you just listed was them trying to squeeze money out of you. Find a good, honest place and have them repair the dent and the dent only. (Or buy a new door)
>>
You are a customer, look at the estimate and tell them what you want, stop being a Neet faggot, jesus christ.
>>
>>17304857
>corrosion protection for rear bumper
Lol what the bumper is fucking plastic how is it gonna corrode
>>
>>17304870
Lol that car isn't worth that much. They are doing you a favor you beta. They are helping you total the car, so you can get something that isn't domestic fwd w-body shitbox
>>
>>17304844
Why not see if a paintless place will do it. They're usually cheaper
>>
>>17304870
Nigger, what?
I collided with an Infiniti last year, fucked up my fender, headlight assembly unit, front bumper, front and back alignment and my CAI.
And was quoted at around $1900.
What kind of Jew run scamming shithole are you going to for this little damage?
>>
>>17304844
That shopping cart didn't do that damage u less another car was pushing it at 50 mph.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.