[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Locked ignition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: head_pic.jpg (17KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
head_pic.jpg
17KB, 268x200px
I've had issues with it before and it took quarters to half an hour to get it started. The key just won't get past the first stage on the ignition.

I've tried any possible approach that came to my mind, wiggling, taking in and out, turning the wheel, using the second key, cleaning the key, using electrical cleaner in the barrel. Nada.

Is it gg and need to replace the barrel or is there something I might have missed?
>>
>>17302314
It's probably the steering wheel lock that got engaged.

When turning the key try to wiggle the steering wheel. It should unlock.
>>
>>17302314
Astra, perchance?
>>
>>17302326
vectra b has the same issues
>>
Try a little WD-40. Could just be a stuck lock pin.
>>
>>17302314
Steering lock or it's not in park
>>
>>17302387

Bad idea, you never use grease in lock cylinders, it attracts dust and dirt will make the problem worse later on.

You should only ever use powdered graphite in lock cylinders
>>
>>17302314
remove key, look on the onderside of the lightgrey section that the key goes into, you should see a small dark grey tab.. lift this with a paperclip or similar, then push the ignition core in...holding it in this position, insert the key and it should turn... this indicates a fault with the ignition cylinder limiter pin at the rear of the cylinder.. most auto locksmiths should be able to replace this in under half an hour

also, post a clear picture of the blade of the key.. it might be worn to the point that the wafers in the ignition cylinder no longer align correctly
>>
>>17302326
Heh. Heh. Corsa.

>>17302323
Tried.

>>17302401
It's manuel. Also tried with wiggling the steering wheel.

>>17302751
>post a clear picture of the blade of the key
I'll post a picture later today. Regardless, after many, many tries I have managed to start it, but I don't know when it'll do it again and I hope it won't shit on me when I'm away from home.
>>
Well don't lock your fuckin steering wheel then mate
>>
>>17302314
Give it back.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.