[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is at fault?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4965.jpg (4MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4965.jpg
4MB, 2340x4160px
Toronto Ontario
Davenport and Dovercourt intersection

https://youtu.be/oWFmAhjFs-Q

Watch in 1440p if possible for best quality.
>>
>>17300120
the cyclist for being a flaming faggot
>>
>>17300120
Cylcist attempted to overtake a turning vehicle on the inside lane, 100% cyclists fault
>>
>>17300120
Cyclist shouldn't be overtaking on the inside, but the car driver didn't indicate until already turning.

At this point one could argue the cyclist was unaware the car was about to turn off, and rather than overtaking was just keeping a constant speed when the car driver suddenly slowed and turned.

No signals = car driver is a cunt and at fault.

Fuck cyclists anyway
>>
>>17300310
>>17300120
In fact I don't think the driver indicated at all.
>>
>>17300120
Both are idiots

fuck people on bikes
>>
>>17300211
>>17300310
Looks like the bike is in a bike lane.
>>
>>17300310
Probably this.

>>17300367
Bike Lanes shouldn't fucking exist.
>>
>>17300120
even if the car indicated the cyclist wouldnt have sen it as he was next to the car.

Bike should have slowed and looked where traffic was going before entering and trying to cross an interaction.

His lack of paying attention caused the accident.
>>
100% the crossover's fault. You should be aware of where you're turning. Use your mirrors.
>>
>>17300724
So you just want bikes to be on the road then?
>>
>>17300959
they should stay on the sidewalk where they belong.

The road is for vehicles that dont have a top speed of 20mph.
>>
File: 1348445874196.jpg (121KB, 598x798px) Image search: [Google]
1348445874196.jpg
121KB, 598x798px
It's hard to tell, but it looks like the crossover actually did signal.

Regardless, crossover lady would still be at fault in Wisconsin -- bicycles have the right of way in bike lanes, so she needed to yield.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/XIII/94/12

This is also why you're supposed to merge into the bike lane (but not the bicyclist!) a half block BEFORE making your turn: if you don't block the bike lane, and a bicyclist continues straight, you'll run him over when you turn right, just like crossover lady did.

>>17301038
I hate all the cyclists I pass every day, but arguing bikes don't belong in the bike lane is pretty dumb. Especially since riding a bike on the sidewalk will get you ticketed in a lot of cities.
>>
>>17301062
>you're supposed to merge into the bike lane (but not the bicyclist!) a half block BEFORE making your turn
Fucking this. Even without the bike lane, you should be close to the right curb before making a right turn, so that you won't block traffic while you're slowing down to make that turn (or stopping to wait for someone in a crosswalk).

It's become a plague on the roads here in the last few years. Retards are constantly causing traffic because they're fucking lazy and half-assedly hang right turns out of the traffic lane, even though there's a car's width of pavement between them and the curb.
>>
>>17300120
in NL it would be clearly the cars fault. Traffic going straight has right of way, thus the car needs to give way before turning.
>>
>>17300120
The cyclist went up the inside of a turning vehicle so he is.
>>
>Cyclist directly in the cars blindspot
>Too close to see if the car was indicating
>Car didn't indicate anyway

Both should remove themselves from the gene pool
>>
As much I hate bikeniggers the woman is at fault here.
>>
>>17300120
In Finland the driver would be at fault
Cyclist is going straight so he would have the right of way by our traffic laws.
>>
>>17301062

Nd those cities are stupid. Let the fuckers ride on sidewalks. It's safer.

It's a known fact that pedestrians were sick of bikers shit, so now the cities decided to throw them to us. Well fuck that. They take a custom exhaust pipe right up the ass
>>
OP is obviously the cyclist, why else would he post this boring ass video seeking validation?
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>17302422
It must be maddening to try and ride 25+ mph on a sidewalk in between the pedestrians
>>
>>17302444
It's in even more maddening trying to drive 50-80 km/h with them right beside you or infront of you.

Sidewalks are wide enough and empty enough for them to use them. If they're in downtown, they can walk, take a bus, or drive like a normal person.

>I will now honk at every cyclist when I get close to them to scare them. That'll teach them!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.