[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of Jay Leno?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1531.jpg (57KB, 492x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1531.jpg
57KB, 492x335px
What does /o/ think of Jay Leno?
>>
He isn't /our guy/, he is too good for this cesspool
>>
Obnoxious American, next question.
>>
>>17298763
he actually drives the cars in his collection unlike the retarded trust fund kiddies on youtube
>>
>>17298763
He's an unfunny faggot with a bunch of classic cars.
>>
>Wrenches on some of his toys
>Actually drives his toys
>Has one helluva collection

Friend of mine sent me a picture of the steam car years ago.

I've always found the steam car and the turbine Chrysler very interesting.

Shame his garage isn't open to the public, but I can understand why.
>>
I think he is great.
His pragmatic approach to cars is really something, especially when compared to say, Top Gear.
Gives history, talks about the styling, talks about the engine, usually has a story.
When he has a guest on it can be so-so, depends how much the guest knows and how charismatic he is.
Some of his jokes tend to fall flat, some a bit overused, but at the end of the day you can feel he has a
genuine appreciation not just for cars but for mechanics in general, considering he has a steam engine collection.
Being an euro, I mainly knew of Leno from jokes about him not being a funny Talk show guy,
but when I found he makes Youtube vids I realized he is a sincere car guy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qooCmc7h78
>>
>>17298858
His entertainer persona gets too much of him sometimes. Ironically he'd be a better entertainer to actual car people if he was less of an entertainer. There's no reason not to go even more in-depth.
>>
He was annoying when he was on the air. The whole thing with Conan like lol okay... but then you see his car collection and realize that's why he wants them fat paychecks so I can blame him.

He is actual car nerd in the best of ways, likes driving weird shit and learning the history behind the quirks. He also likes rich ppl cars and kind of not taking it seriously but at the same time will be like "yeah the mclaren is rad i put 100k miles on it" instead of keeping it in a garage forever.
>>
I honestly hold him as the poster child of a car enthusiast.

Nobody comes close to his passion and substantial knowledge on automobiles. Jeremy Clarkson and all his faggot ass entertainer friends looks like subarwrxfan compared to him.

He's perfect.
>>
Also you millennial idiots really fell for the Conan meme, huh?

Jay was a 10/10 comedian who was better than that fuck. Thank god he got fucked the way he did.
>>
>>17299013
>Jeremy Clarkson and all his faggot ass entertainer friends looks like subarwrxfan compared to him
Leno really did open my eyes how shallow Clarkson is when it came to TopGear reviews.
I am not sure if it just part of his persona, but the way he presents cars compared to Leno is miles apart. I can not imagine Clarkson owning anything else then the hottest shit out right now.
The British review style in general is very bizarre - one car will be nitpicked to no end,
>Overall its good, but then there is this and this and this, so it really just falls apart
for another they will go
>Yes sure this is bad and that is bad, but THE FEEL of the car, and you can overlook all the other problems for the FEEL
>>
>>17298791
How much for an hour with your mother?
>>
>>17298763
Denim/10
>>
I wish he did shows without guests as he does a better job explaining cars than his guests do.
>>
>>17299080
They are both entertainers. Neither of them know anything of substance about cars other than history. I think they are both enjoyable to watch, but you aren't going to learn anything from them that you can't find on wikipedia or a press release.
>>
>>17298992
This.

He is honestly too good for a place like /o/
>>
>>17300122
she does it for free
>>
>>17300138

You're an idiot.

It's clear as daylight that Jay has that entire collection because he loves everything about the car. History behind it, the people who made and designed it, the engineering, maintaining it, every single thing.

Clarkson gives NO such impression. He sounds like an entertainer through and through when he's talking about the cars, he has absolutely NO passion behind what he's saying when he's compared to Jay. That's how unworldly Jay is to Clarkson of all people.
>>
He seems to genuinely like cars, he's really a great guy as an enthusiast imo. Not only does he seem genuinely interested in cars, he seems like he's not part of a sub culture but rather enjoys cars in general
>>
>>17298763
Mr Potato Head with a badass collection of cars.
>>
>>17300895
He seems to enjoys seeing what people can do with an engine and a set of wheels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo_zXe2UWKw
And his collection of Steam cars just goes on to show the extend of his passion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUg_ukBwsyo
>>
File: jayleno.png (304KB, 479x444px) Image search: [Google]
jayleno.png
304KB, 479x444px
>>
>>17298763
Who? Wasn't he one of the so called "stars" in Top Gear's reasonably priced car, a literal nobody.
>>
>>17298772
First post best post.
>>
>>17302548
who are u
>>
He's pretty cool, Jay Leno's Garage is good watching.
>>
Leno is the GOAT car guy
>>
>>17299080

Clarkson drives a Golf.
>>
>>17302679
Someone who knows how to spell you. Go back to your little basement until you can type.
>>
I don't consider him a real car enthusiast because he doesn't dislike lowriders and he is half italian and that's almost as bad as being a mexican with a lowrider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud9SdeFJen8
>>
Asks guest a question, doesn't listen to the answer, interrupts before they've finished with some not funny statement of his own, poor rapport with guests, often a bit cringey to watch
>>
>>17302710
He cuts people off when they are trying to say something all the time.
>>
>>17302702

Not being able to spell doesn't exclude you from knowing how to type.
>>
>>17302548
Good may may dude *brofist*
>>
>>17298763
>What does /o/ think of Jay Leno?
Based. Everyone else has pretty much said what I was going to say. I think the guy's awesome.
>>
>>17298763
I want to drive his turbine car, one of only two existence outside of museums. Spare parts do not exist.
Idle RPM = 22k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5ijU3Ivs
>>
>>17298763
Coolest guy/10.
>>
>>17302530
lol. That second link he talks about how that's one of Howard Hughes' cars and he hit 132 in it. lol.
>>
Have you seen this, have you heard about this?
>>
>>17303151
>not going on craigslist to buy spare turbine parts for you dodge
>>
In my alternate reality, it would have been Leno, Adam Carolla, and Tim Allen as the hosts of the American Top Gear.
>>
>>17303341
You just made me sad that this wasn't the real show. Also Leno is part of the reason I want a 500 Abarth.
>>
>>17303361
>You just made me sad that this wasn't the real show.
Yeah, I know, because it would have been good.
>>
>>17303457
>there will never be another good anything with Tim Allen
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.