[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Japan ever make a comeback?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Will Japan ever make a comeback?
>>
File: 00.jpg (76KB, 750x406px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
76KB, 750x406px
Is there still hope?
>>
File: 11_DPWerks_022.jpg (205KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
11_DPWerks_022.jpg
205KB, 1024x683px
Already did bruh.
>>
File: dont call it a comeback.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dont call it a comeback.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
it already came and went
>>
>>17292545
>nobody cares about it
>nobody buys it
>everyone would rather get a 570, Huracan, 911 or GT-R instead

Too little too late
>>
>>17292585
I'm interested in what they will do for the type-r
>>
I think if they just go full dodge demon they might make a dent.

Reveal the 4-rotor rx9.
>>
>>17292605
>8 mpg
>>
>>17292615
hybrid assist, son, every car needs it now.
>>
>>17292622
I don't know how positively people would react to that. It's not really in the spirit of the RX7 and RX8 to have a hypercar technology that would make it very expensive and heavy. Unless you're talking about a Honda style CVT hybrid, but I doubt it.

A better route, if any for the return of a Mazda sports car would just be to flush the rotary down the toilet and go for a turbo six. They could still make it have decent emissions with aggressive overdrive gearing, like on the newer Corvettes.

I'm a big fan of both Mazda as a Japanese underdog company and the RX7 as a car, but rotary engines are just not feasible in 2017s automotive environment.
>>
>>17292910
kys
>>
>>17292545
>Engineered mostly by americans
>Built in America
>"Japan"

Now I don't hate the new NSX like most people, but this thing is mostly American.
>>
File: 1496165669144.jpg (60KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496165669144.jpg
60KB, 764x512px
>>17292615
>5:58 ring time
>>
>>17293700
The only thing the americans did as far as i know was the final stages of the design. its still a Honda and Honda treats it like a comback into the performance market and a successor to the NSX. as for being built in America the Type R is built in the UK and its engine is built in America but its still a Japanese car.

Honda making a comeback (is) Japan making a comeback anyway.
>>
>>17293747
I thought quite a bit of the engineering was done in the US at least some of the promo material I've seen on it has made it seem that way, I'm not saying Japan didn't have a hand in it or the Type R, but it's a very global design in my eyes. (Not really a bad thing, and yeah it's still japanese too by virtue of marque)

As for making a comeback, yeah I can see it like that.
>>
>>17292375
Nobodies making a comeback. Car manufactures are killing off cars for te future of self driving auto faggotness.
>>
>>17294299
this. be thankful you still have miatas
>>
>>17294302
Well i am thankfull for 86s
>>
>>17293747
>>17294283
It was built in the US by Americans. I went to the Honda Plant in Ohio and got to see a presentation by the lead developers of the car.
>>
>>17292605
>limited production 4-rotor super car
>poorfags can't talk shit about it because they can't afford it
>richfags can't destroy the engine since they only drive it once a year
Seriouly though, RX-8+poorfags combination really destroy dorito engine reputation
>>
>>17292545
Fucking kek, brave to shill this shitheap.
>>
Lexus seems to be doing well, but their RCF is fixing to be the best $25,000 USD used car.
>>
>>17296256
Proof or it didn't happen.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.