[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I stupid if I buy a 2011 CBR250R:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2001-Honda-CBR250R2.jpg (192KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
2001-Honda-CBR250R2.jpg
192KB, 1280x960px
> beginner bike for a beginner rider
> has ABS
> $2000 Canadian
> 52,000kms :(
> fairly clean
> wanna bike to learn on and maybe keep for a year
>>
>>17290384
If you ride in the city it should be fine. Once begineer bikes fully depreciate they hold their value because people will want to start on them. If you need to ride on the highway alot you should get a 600. You would need to practice alot in an open area with no traffic until you fully understand the clutch and throttle response. Only you can decide if you want to start on a 600 or something else.
>>
>>17290576
Very smart thinking. I feel like 250cc is the perfect balance to me and its mainly for the city and short trips. Im mainly worried about the high amount of kms on the bike. Or is that just me?
>>
>>17290384
for 2000 canadian pesos that's a good deal, assuming it isn't bashed to hell. You should get that money back when you resell it for something bigger
>>
>>17290613
I've heard the amount of kms doesn't really matter but they do have a service schedule and things like valve clearances may need to be adjusted. If your planning to only keep it for a year or two it should be fine as long as the previous owner did a decent job of maintaining it.
>>
Thanks guys!
>>
>>17290384
Ninja 250 > CBR250R any day, way nicer bike to ride.

Single cylinder CBRs are shit.
>>
>>17291122
Even 125cc Hondas are parallel twins now, m8.
>>
>>17292004
Nvm, missed the canadian $. It's a fair price then.
>>
Is the abs worth it for a new rider as well? Because I wanted a ninja at first but I feel like abs can really safe your ass if you get into a fucked up situation with little experience
>>
I don't know the exact specifications of the Honda CBR250R, but make sure it has Two cylinders since the difference in power is abysmal in 250cc bikes. Also if they are V twin the engine sounds much better. Other thing to look for is if the engine is water cooled since it lets you rev higher, and the bike is not as hot, but the engine sounds worse.
>>
Ninja 250R is quite a bit more powerful
>>
>>17292839
I prefer non abs because i've learned to control my braking. if you can disable it that's cool too.

you can always lock the rear with no abs, but locking the front is what most newbies fuck up and end up launching themselves over the bars. personal choice for abs desu
>>
i just got a ninja 300 as a first bike and love it. only paid 3k
>>
>250
Have fun outgrowing it in a week
>>
yeah, pretty fucking stupid bro
>>
>>17291950
Nah they're not, anything 300cc or less is a single cylinder.

>CBR300 makes as much power as the slowest Ninja 250

>>17294673
Here's your (You).
>>
>>17290384
No need for such a boy racer looking bike for your first. Just get a 500cc UJM that's easy to ride and maintain and is a lot cheaper, then when you are ready graduate to a real sportsbike.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.