[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical question /o/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
Let's say that I created an engines that does not run on gasoline and requires no refueling or recharging. However the car is modeled after the land yacht in pic related, but it does have basic modern features like gps, Bluetooth etc. would it sell?
>>
Yes.
>>
>if i make the ultimate car will it sell
idk how much HP bruh
>>
>>17285550
The same as the average land yacht I assume
>>
>>17285554
how bout muh displacement
>>
>>17285554
135 hp?
>>
>If I broke one of the fundamental laws of physics and single handed saved the environment, solved the world's biggest problem and saved billions of lives would I be successful?
Nah
>>
>>17285546
No, instead a more established car company would rip off your design and build cheaper, better non shit looking cars.
>>
>>17285546
>would it sell.
Nope. Women hate three-box styling and long wheelbases, which is why crossovers are two-box and short wheelbase, so right off the bat you've lost a bit more than half your potential sales. Then of the remaining males a landyacht would only appeal to those over 50 that didn't work in an office environment where appearing young and with-it wasn't important.

You'd probably sell less than 10K a year. Make it a crossover and it'd be a license to print money.
>>
>>17285587
Or maybe the popularity of two-box designs has to do with the practicality. Hatch > trunklid.
>>
>>17285604
Nah, seen it in action too many times. Woman sees something like a Buick Encore and immediately falls in love with the thing without even thinking of how it's to be used. Practical considerations come later in the justification stage. Men do the same thing only with different shapes.
>>
>>17285587
Wouldn't the fact you never need gas again be an incentive enough to ditch your crossover?
>>
>>17285546
Id definitly buy one, thats one of my favorite cars
>>
>>17285546
I fucking love landyachts
>>
>>17285770
No, otherwise Teslas and Prius would be sales leaders instead of needing government money to sell.
>>
>A car that runs on magic
Yeah, I think there may be a market.
>>
How many years until people start doing electric conversions on cars like those?
>>
>>17285546
it would surely sell as an perpetuum mobile. I'd just turn it into power generator
>>
>>17285546
Is it nuclear?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.