[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Uber pay decently? thinking of signing up and wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: UBER.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
UBER.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
Does Uber pay decently?
thinking of signing up and wondering if anyone here has experience.

my yearly repair bill is getting to the point that I could finance / lease a new car. I'm currently at University and unemployed but if I drove for Uber a lease is a business expense where finance is not a tax deductible expense.

thoughts / experience / stories
>>
There is alot better paying work obviously but like me, you are only good at driving.

Up to you.

T. Taxi
>>
>unemployed
>worried about tax deductions
yep, uber is the perfect job for you
>>
No. They don't pay well enough to compensate for increased wear and tear on your vehicle or rude customers, good luck getting them to pay out if a rider damages your car, and iirc you have to get commercial insurance separately, most insurance companies won't cover an accident that happened while you were driving for business on a normal policy.
>>
No. Your gas and repairs will cost more than you will make unless you suck every customer's dick
>>
Friends make 3-4k working full time .
40-70hr weeks
>>
>>17278369
>3-4k
A month? Honestly that's more than I thought.
>>
>>17278369
Now subtract overhead. Gas, maint, mileage depreciation, and the big one everyone forgets about until its too late: Proper insurance policy.
>>
Lyft is better but literally any other job pays better than both if you factor in costs. The trade off is you can work for however long you want.
>>
>>17278390
In addition Self-Employment taxes of 15% due as quarterly installments on top of Income Tax (also due quarterly).
>>
File: SherpaShare-Infographic.png (76KB, 948x683px) Image search: [Google]
SherpaShare-Infographic.png
76KB, 948x683px
>>17278288
It's why damn near every Uberlyfter has a Prius, as do most of the taxi companies.
>>17278369
Horseshit unless they're in NYC. And regardless of what you gross, Uberlyft takes 25-30%. Most places, that leaves you at under $10/hour, and then you have to factor in taxes and car maintenance costs.

The only way it makes sense to be a "partner" is if you do it as a part-time gig during peak congestion hours in certain cities. But then you're going to be competing with a million other idiots doing the same hustle.
>>
after your expenses. you will make about 8 bucks a hour. unless you can do a lot of 1.5x 2x jobs that aren't very long.
>>
File: 1445281966156s.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
1445281966156s.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
I was considering Uber as well but then I found out driving charter buses is way better as a part time job.

I drive for a company that has a contract with the local school district but they also charter school buses on weekends for baseball games, weddings, event shuttles, etc.

Advantages over Uber:

> company-owned vehicle so none of the liability issues that Uber has

> W2 employee status make it way way easier than Uber's contractor model

> company pays for fuel and everything since it's their equipment

> Pay is $13/hr from the time I leave the company terminal to the time I return, regardless of whether I'm driving or waiting for the group to be done
It's a really fun part time job. Lots of times I get free food/free tickets to events that I'm going to. Some of the groups I drive can be lots of fun as well, especially the sororities (we're in a large college town)

They train you for the CDL and pay for all the training/testing fees. Lots of my coworkers have full time jobs and just drive buses when they're not at their main job.

Why anyone would want to do Uber and assume all that liability when there's better options is beyond me.
>>
I feel sorry for the Uber Black people. They all bought expensive luxury cars through this Uber program. On the promise that there would be a lot of work. Then basically nothing, and Uber saying tough luck and don't forget to make your car payments.
>>
I always thought of uber as one of those things retirees and people with lots of spare time did for a little extra money and to keep from getting bored.

It doesn't strike me as being a very good full time job.

Certainly not a career. If you're good at it, what, they will give you a promotion? Lol. What a waste of time for someone working towards a career.

If I saw someone put uber driver on a resume I would raise an eyebrow.
>>
File: gypsy_cab.jpg (62KB, 520x394px) Image search: [Google]
gypsy_cab.jpg
62KB, 520x394px
if Uber is shit what are the thoughts on running a Gypsy Cav and just paying the $150-200 fines when you do get caught?
>>
Sign up and try for a day. The trick is figuring out what hours pay the most due surge, I mostly so Uber in Friday and Saturday nights.

>>17278503
If you manage to get lots of short, quick consecutive 1.5x~2.0x trips you get more money per hour than with just long trips.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.