[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having a sunroof necessary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Is having a sunroof necessary?
>>
No

Its either too hot or it rains to bother to ever use one here in Florida.
>>
File: shattered.jpg (78KB, 634x430px) Image search: [Google]
shattered.jpg
78KB, 634x430px
>>
One more thing that can break on the car. Avoid if you can.
>>
worthless tbqh
>>
Nah, they'll all leak eventually. Not avoidable.
>>
>>17268616
>Nah, they'll all leak eventually

t. Hyundai poorfag
>>
Whoever says "no" in this thread is only saying that because they're too poor to afford a nice car with one. FACT
>>
My car has one, I hate it, it makes the inside of the car too bright if you have it exposed and doesn't cool you down at all on a hot day when its open.
>>
Nah.

Nice to have though.
>>
>>17268730
It's supposed to be a way to open a window to let in fresh air without opening your driver or passenger windows and creating all that wind noise. The AC is used to cool you off, dummy.
>>
>>17268734

The AC sucks in fresh air.
>>
Nah, but they're cool. Especially when they go the whole length of the roof
>>
Absolutely not.

But it sure is nice. Evacuates heat well during the summer, can close the little shield in the winter. Perfect to open wide 65-80F range.
>>
But what if I want to gaze at the stars in the comfort of my seat?
>>
>>17268788

Pull over and lay on your hood next to your gf
>>
>>17268794
I would do this if it weren't for the insects that eat me alive. I'm a pussy I know.
>>
No, it's not necessary.
Is it nice to have? Yes it is. I have one and use it whenever I can.
>>
>>17268573
Absolutely not, unless for some reason your windows don't open.

Sunroofs are compromise, either you use it and the seals eventually go or the gutters clog and it leaks or you don't use it and you might as well have not bothered at all.

Either buy a convertible or don't bother imo.
>>
>>17268573
Yes. Bitches love sunroofs
>>
>>17268573
This thread again.... but eh I prefer to have one anyway. Is it necessary? that's up to the potential buyer
>>
I worked at a BMW dealership and discussed about it with the mechs. They all said they always end up squeaking on bad roads and then leak. And it's not limited to BMW as some worked for other brands before.
But it's nice and brings light.
>>
>>17268623

B.s. my e46 and e60s leaked all the time. There's even an active class action lawsuit against bmw that I just got in the mail. It says that water gets in through the sunroof and damages electronic.

And before anyone else can I'll do the honors

>German engineering
>>
File: IMGP0672.jpg (348KB, 1920x1272px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0672.jpg
348KB, 1920x1272px
>>17268573
Not really, its a luxury item. They tend to make the car hotter in the summer, even with the shade closed, They tend to reduce headroom if its powered, they increase wind noise.

Nice to have on decent days though.

>>17268616
Ive never had any leaks in my cars with sunroofs either manual or powered. But they are ancient with 5CM deep drip rails around them and there is no sealing surface with the roof of the car. Its not designed to keep water out, its just designed to funnel it into the channels that then funnel to 4 large metal drain tubes.

I know a lot of people with newer cars that place the drain tubes running out through the door sills, and those use a flex tube that kinks or clogs and THOSE do leak.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.