[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bird shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

>drive an econobox for years
>park it in the driveway, can count on one hand the number of times over the last year or so that birds have shit on it
>2 and a half weeks ago I finally get a good car, something I truly love
>birds shit on the fucking thing every couple of days
FUCKING SHITHAWKS, RANDY

This is driving me to despair, it's just constant shit. And of course if I go to clean shit off the car I inevitably end up seeing other issues that I feel compelled to clean, like dirt and grime. It's getting to the point where I'm dreading leaving the house every day and seeing what's happened now to the car.

Is there any substance to the old myth about birds being more attracted to certain colours?

And what can I do to stop this, short of spending thousands of dollars (which I don't have) on getting a carport built? Are there any deterrences I can set up to drive them away?
>>
>>17268012
Remove whatever tree is near by.

Get a pet Falcon and train it to kill the other birds.

Maybe there's some kind of stuff you can put down that leaves a smell that birds hate or a device that emits a ultra high sound frequency that hurts their ears and makes them avoid your location.

There has to be something man kind has invented to keep them away. there are definitely such things for other animals.
>>
File: 1479072479799.png (1MB, 1603x511px) Image search: [Google]
1479072479799.png
1MB, 1603x511px
>>17268012
>shit-covered Twingo
DELETE THIS

in all seriousness, what color was your shitbox? What color is your new car? Your current car might be painted in a color that makes the bird shit stand out more compared to your old shitbox. There's also the possibility that you're simply more observant of bird shit since you now have a nicer car.
>>
>>17268063
Old car was orange. New car is red. Despite not taking great care of my old car (I cleaned it perhaps twice a year) I always noticed bird shit because I hate the stuff and will clean it off. I had thought about it perhaps being because I'm more observant of the new car, but the old car has been sat out on the street under some phone lines and a tree for the last 2 weeks while I get ready to sell it and there is not a single drop of shit on it.

>>17268044
There are no trees. It's directly in front of my house. I thought maybe they've been perching up there on the roof and then shitting when they take off but I've never ever noticed them up there, it's puzzling.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495602057163.jpg (334KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495602057163.jpg
334KB, 2048x1536px
That twingo needs a bath
>>
Get a car cover?
>>
>>17268012
Birds know a nice car when they shit on it.

If you don't want birds shitting on your car, keep it under cover.
Personally, though, I find that having birds of prey around keeps birds the fuck away. Red kites got reintroduced a while back, and they eat pigeons. They're supposedly scavengers, but pigeons shuffle off under TV aerials, and their numbers are in decline.
Get a breeding population of your own local birds of prey, call it conservation so you get government money for it, and they'll defend your shit.
Probably eat small dogs as well, but nobody cares about tiny fashion dogs.
>>
Buy a pellet gun.
>>
>>17268012
>And what can I do to stop this
it depends on what types of birds are pooping
is it mostly crows?
>>
Try living near the coast, seagull swarms literally fucking everywhere. I don't know why I even bother washing my car.
>>
>>17268012
That poor, poor twingo :(
>>
>not having a garage
europeans really are poor lmfao
>>
>>17272711
more like

europeons
>>
>>17268012
get a gazebo matey

also post pics of both cars
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>baintball sentry
>arm with repeating air rifle
>leave on near car
>remove skyrats
>>
File: winged nigger.gif (1MB, 262x178px) Image search: [Google]
winged nigger.gif
1MB, 262x178px
>>17268012
Mix rat poison and bread. Leave it near your car. Kill the bastards.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.