/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making your own Ute?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 20170525_120001.jpg (532KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_120001.jpg
532KB, 2560x1440px
Spotted this today and immediately decided I want to make a ute out of a regular sedan (USA here). Anyone here ever done this, and what are your thoughts on using a Crown Vic to do it?
>>
File: 20170525_120022.jpg (555KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_120022.jpg
555KB, 2560x1440px
I can't really tell how he did the bed, but I'm guessing he didn't really do anything fantastic besides just laying sheet steel or aluminum and trimming it to the sides.
>>
File: 20170525_120030.jpg (667KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_120030.jpg
667KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 20170525_120011.jpg (571KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170525_120011.jpg
571KB, 2560x1440px
>>
>>17266511
Those falcons are already available as a camino. That guy did a lot of work for nothing. Get an F150 and
>>
>>17266511
Did no one tell that idiot about Rancheros?
>>
>>17266694
>>17266674
I'm more dissapointed in the way he closed off the cabin with the flat glass and not the rear window.

I'm aware you can buy one, but I mean, building and wrenching is fun. Added to that, all the F100/CVPI body swaps are kind of sad in that in the end, you throw out two decent halves of otherwise working cars. Why not just put a bed in a CVPI or other Panther? Seems like it'd be cheaper.
>>
>>17266721
It's possible that just maybe something bad happened to the car where the parts he cut off were damaged, by a tree or something like that.
>>
>>17266721
Yeah building and wrenching is fun, but that whole falcon thing is a literally why.

Also I on the Panther/truck bodyswap vs. a chopping a panther up to make it a ute, it's not going to be an easy just add a bed, there's allot of chopping and fabrication going into that. With a truck swap you just need a Crown Vic from a junkyard with a straight body and then a dime a dozen F series, hell they pretty much bolt right on as far as I've read but I could be 100% wrong because.

I mean if you have the means, and more over ability, go for it, I don't care, just I personally don't see why people turning things into utes is becoming the next big thing, seems like allot of work going in and chopping something up and usually making it worse, or less useful in one way to be...not that useful in another. At least not enough to not justify either buying a ute, or a pick up.
>>
>>17266749
I've seen it done in-depth, and the F-series bodies are common, but they're a bitch to find in anything close to decent condition, let alone cheap enough for the swap.

Decent CVPI is about 1500, and the cheapest *complete* F100 is around 1500-2000, after you tow it back to where I live. Now factor in that you need a full lift to do the swap, or at keast be able to find one, and you have to get a new setup for the fuel tank, fab new body mounts (they're close, but it isn't a direct bolt on), shorten the bed, figure out the linkage to the steering, fiddle with the ride height, and a few other things I can't remember.

It's an awesome thing to see come together, but you're into it at least 3k for just the donors, never mind all the associated costs (fuel, fluids, filters) and the time involved, and you end up junking or trying to part out the leftover parts.

I agree, the Falcon was kind of a weird choice, but maybe >>17266745 is right and it was wrecked anyways.

Utes are just fun because you sort of get the best of both worlds. Not really; I mean CV's are only rated to 1500lbs tow weight, but trucks are stupid expensive considering the retards you buy them from have hooned the shit out of them for all 250k miles they've clocked. It just seems to me it'd be the sort of fun thing to do that doesn't involve chucking out so much useable stuff.
>>
>>17266511
I think the body would make a Crown Vic hard to chop and have it still look good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.