[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2008 Audi RS 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2271.jpg (738KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2271.jpg
738KB, 1200x800px
Been masturbating to these recently. Do they have the same timing chain issues as S4? Redpill me faggots.
>>
>>17264950
>Do they have the same timing chain issues as S4?
Nope, apparently the timing components are slightly different and way less prone to failure.
>>
Why does it seem like 90% of the ones I find have 3-5 previous owners and been in an accident? This is proving to be a difficult search.
>>
Nope

non of the FSI v8's suffer from the timing chain guides, so the S5 is also good.

i had a B6 S4 and i loved it, that fucking torque and the way it just quietly surged was awesome.

the back is extremely cramped though, and the glovebox hinges love to break. Also keep your eyes out for sticky plastics and rear main seal leaks.

i loved my s4 but everything that could go wrong with it that wasn't the timing chain guides was going wrong, and my car only had 80k kilometers.
>>
>>17264950

It's common to use the RS4 guides in place of the S4 guides during maint.
>>
>>17264980
Ah, so both the RS 4 and S5 use the same V8? Good to know. I might consider an older S5 now.
>>
>>17264997
You mean when they do the timing chain fix on the S4's? They just slap some RS 4 guides in there and problem fixed?
>>
File: 1491506741924.jpg (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491506741924.jpg
28KB, 380x250px
>no V8 in new RS4/5
>new A/S/RS5 look like shit
>>
>>17264980
>keep your eyes out for sticky plastics

Ugh. I just had a bunch of defective shit replaced in my Lexus. Cracked dashboard and sticky door panels. Other than seats, I pretty much have a brand new interior now lol

>i loved my s4 but everything that could go wrong with it that wasn't the timing chain guides was going wrong

Seems like in many cases this is just the way German cars are designed. Good for the warranty/lease period, then everything falls apart for that second owner :-(
>>
>>17265001

they do not use the exact same v8, you'd be thinking rs5, but they both are fsi revised engines.
>>
>>17265022
N/A is getting rarer and rarer.
>>
>>17264950
who cares, just buy one and ls swap it
>>
>>17265214
I know you're memeing, but an LS won't fit. The engine bay is too short.
>>
>>17265001
I'd get RS4 over an S5. Faster and more unique.

Really the only advantage S5 has is a more up-to-date infotainment system.
>>
File: 1464448452666.jpg (858KB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
1464448452666.jpg
858KB, 2848x2136px
these are sweet cars. run a high 12 but theres not much you can do to them aside from tossing on an expensive supercharger. i would love to do that though. that would be borderline dream car status for me.

the only knock i have on them is that every single rs4 owner ive met, whether on audizine or a cars and coffee, has just come off like a huge mega twat. they might not be but they just come off that way. i get the impression that at least half the reason they bought one was to be accepted into the super exclusive social circle of other rs owners. they pretty much only talk to each other and ignore/dismiss everyone else. like yeah man its really cool that you drive an rs4, but cmon its 10 years old. it costs less and is slower than my big turbo a4. half of them bought them used for 25k, dont even change their own oil, and look down on a4 owners like me who do our own work swapping motors, custom tuning, big turbos, etc and even paid more for our cars in the end, just because we drive an a instead of an rs.

probably sounds like im bitter/insecure lol but whatever. just something ive picked up on and is kinda annoying.

pic unrelated.
>>
>>17266574
>dont even change their own oil

Ehh. I hear your complaints about RS owners, but looking down on others for not changing their own oil is a bit autistic. I'd consider myself a fairly pleasant guy to be around and I've only self-changed the oil on my cars a couple times in my life. Just can't be bothered to do it regularly.
>>
>>17267186
im not looking down on them for that but thanks for calling me autistic. im just pointing out that a car guy has less of a reason to act like a snob regarding his car to other car guys if he doesnt even change his own oil.

i personally dont care if you cant even pump your own gas or if you rebuild your engine every winter, i just dont get why they act like that to people. i know lots of car guys and ive never seen this behavior as widespread as with rs owners. my ex's older brother drove a lamborghini and all his friends had crazy cars, vipers, gtrs, terminators, boosted corvettes, etc, and they were 10x more welcoming and respectful than rs owners are to other audi owners. doesnt make sense to me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.