[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to tips for negotiating (europe)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I'm going to look at an E30 on Monday for my first car, the dealer has it listed for 3000, I have 2200, but my dad said he'd give me 300 to get me to 2500 if the car was good.

I was hoping to negotiate the dealer down, but I've never done this before and I don't know how, my dad is an old rich man who doesn't bother negotiating.
>>
>>17263518

Oh and the dealer mentioned that he would consider offers
>>
You dress the most assertive you can, walk around the car going
>Hmm
>Huh, what this?
>oh hoho
Pretend you know what you are talking about, point out each speck of rust or rip in trim.
Then you low ball him ha-
>E30
>Dealer
>Shaving 500 off
Well you can always bullshit him that you have a another car for 2k lined up and see if that helps.
>>
>>17263527

You think 500 is too much?

This is some small dealer by the coast that deals mostly in shitbox ford focuses and astras and the like.

what would be a decent opening offer that i could start with? Is 2100 too obscene?
>>
>>17263527
its europe bimmers are dime a dozen bottom of the barrel wiggermobiles.
You can probs get 500 off easy.
>>
>>17263518
If a dealer has a car listed that low, they're not likely to take another $500 off of it. They're most likely making minimum profit at that point to start with.

But, you can also walk in there and tell them
>I have $2500 cash right now and I want that car, can you do it?
If they say yes, you got yourself a car. If not? Then you haven't wasted much of your time
>>
>>17263554
>>17263550
I am Eastern European so I assumed that Westies see E30s as classics.
And our Dealers here are stingy fucks so yea trying to get 500 off here is a bit of haggling.
Put those 2 together I though that E30 would be a car no problem to sell for 3k.
>>
I'd ask you to leave if you only had £2500 for a £3k car but it all depends on how much they have in it really.
t. Scummy used car dealer
>>
>>17263557

I had a think about that and when I called the guy he said he got it from a main dealer, the car's listed on ebay too for an auction ending in about a week.

Part of me hopes that if I walk in and wave some cash around the guy might go for it, but then E30 manuals are easy to sell.

>>17263561

Yeah I think he could totally get the car sold at 3000
>>
>>17263518
The main question you should be asking yourself is when you're going to be able to have 500 more to spend on a car.

If you're getting paid in two weeks and can drop another 500 on it then, they'll work with you. Alternatively, you can finance the 500 (plus whatever taxes and fees cars come with in yurop) and build your credit with it over however long your loan term is.
>>
>>17263604

This is a small time dealer and they won't offer finance.

Really I won't get any more money until the winter unless I get a job, but to get a job I need a car because of where I live. It's a bit of a catch 22.
>>
if it's in germany the dealer is probably a mudslim and he could negotiate but make sure to be confident but there is no guarantee the car isn't worth 1000€
>>
>>17263618

so how do I actually negotiate to get what I want?
>>
>>17263678
I negotiated on getting my car even though I'm a student with an econobox.

I bought my car new.
It was listed for 12k but I took off just under 2k. Do not really recommend but hey circumstances were what they were and I was left with little choice.

Probably works differently than a second hand car but I just flat out said I think it's too much for what it is. Praised the car a bit but pointed out some flaws like no stand out features justifying the large price tag etc. Seems like salespeople can't work without USPs. They dropped 1k after that so I said hang on let me work it out.
Took like 1min to recalculate my current expenses and said it was close but I'd be making more sacrifices than I would like.

After talking with the manager of the place they took off nearly another 1k and that was that.

>inb4 that's not much
Yeah well turns out while I was test driving the car my family took liberty to express how excited they were for me getting a car thus making the salespeople believe it was a guaranteed sale. 15% off a brand new car wasn't too bad all considering.
Don't take people with you.
>>
>>17264401

So I guess the idea is to not look too interested
>>
>>17265361
Make it seem like a close sale but the salesperson is cockblocking their shekels by being unhelpful. Then make it obvious you'd seal the deal if it was 'only' x amount cheaper.

Suppose the risk is they think you're too uninterested and not serious or you're a faggot lowballer. Being reasonable and explaining your circumstances makes it more credible (I flatly said I'm a student so money is strained) but you just have to sense when you're pushing too far.

Try to look like you know exactly where you stand but don't be rude because eventually they will yield. If you need to buy time just say stuff like "I don't know man, if I eat bread and butter it might work but it sure is cutting it close"

Good luck m8.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.