[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

teach me everything you know about repairing a vehicle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1471325949342.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1471325949342.png
132KB, 396x385px
teach me everything you know about repairing a vehicle
>>
you can disassemble most cars with a 8, 10, 12, 13 , couple of extentions, a rachet, an impact, and a pocket screwdriver combo.
>>
take it to the dealership for maintenance following the schedule they give you in the owner's manual.
>>
>>17260567
sheer bolts until you can't sheer anymore
use pipe extensions to tighten them as hard as possible and then kick them until heads rip off
use gasoline as a solvent instead of "brake cleaner" since it's way cheaper
keep your engine running at all times when working on your car. put a brick on the accelerator and try and keep the idling RPM at between 3400 and 3600
>>
You know that flowchart about engineering? the wd-40 and ducktape one.

replace the wd-40 with a hammer.
>>
>>17260702
thanks famtasia
>>
File: 74b.jpg (17KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
74b.jpg
17KB, 252x291px
>>17260688
Sure thing goy
>>
Cucktape and jb weld
>>
>>17260728
Also, WD-40 sucks. Use PB Blaster.
>>
>>17260567
>teach me everything you know about repairing a vehicle
Non-meme answer: If you own a car, try and find specific forums for your model/make of car.
Example: I drive a VW Golf shitbox so I regularly find tips and guides for wrenching on my car at the VWVortex forums.

If you're not a bus-rider then you should start there.
>>
>>17260567
Take it to an auto-repair shop and pay for whatever they say.
>>
When something breaks, remove the broken part and replace it. Books and videos can show you how to do it.
>>
File: 1474935392793.jpg (56KB, 732x761px) Image search: [Google]
1474935392793.jpg
56KB, 732x761px
>>17260567
car goes broom if no broom car is broken
>>
>>17260578
Add 14 if it's Japanese, 17 and 19 too if Subaru

Torque down everything to spec

Having the proper wiring diagrams will make electrical repairs much less of a headache

Always use enough lighting

YouTube can be a big help. Search for example "2003 Lexus is300 brake job" and you'll probably find it.

Always hand tighten bolts/nuts a few turns before putting a tool on it so you don't crossthread them

Always use proper tools. Don't use the wrong tool because you'll probably fuck it up.

Always make sure the old gasket comes off with the old oil filter before putting the new one on

Always use the right fluid for the car, especially for transmissions, power steering, and coolant. Look it up if the cap doesn't say.

I'll probably think of more later.
>>
>>17260803
ok
>>
>>17260773
If you don't find enough info for repairing your specific car look for info from the models that share the platform or engine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.