[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /o/ deal with "title jumpers"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: title_ex.jpg (532KB, 990x624px) Image search: [Google]
title_ex.jpg
532KB, 990x624px
You've looked at the car, gone on the test drive, even negotiated the price. Everything's perfect. You and the seller head to the bank, and right as you are about to withdraw your money you notice that the title is not in the seller's name. Worse, you notice that someone has already signed and dated the "transfer" section of the title. What do you do? How do you deal with these shitheads?
>>
>>17257146
Walk away because it's a flipped car. if I want it bad enough buy it anyway and hope nothing fucky happens
>>
>>17257146
Report it to the DMV that someone might be trying to avoid taxes by doing these intermediary type exchanges. It keeps it off the books from DMV oversight.
>>
>>17257194
>this

i was already sketched out about the fact it was in front of a business with a busted windshield but it was a fucking toyota 4x4 for 300$

ended up walking away because of it, aint got time for the kind of shit that comes with that bullshit
>>
odds are they bought the car to flip it, and they never put it in their name while they were fixing whatever was wrong with it.

My friend actually does this but he claims to be whoever's name is on the title when selling the car
>>
If the seller of the car hasn't owned it for atleast a year, I'm usually not interested.

I don' like these trashy throwaway cars that jump from abuser to abuser.
>>
The only time I bought one of these was when it was the kid's dad.

It was still a pain in the ass because he lives in another state.
>>
>>17257276
>Walked away from a $300 car because the title wasn't in the sellers name
You are fucking retarded. People that sell $300 cars for a living ain't according the overhead of shit like a dealers license or, like brand name soda. Most states limit the number of cars a person can sell before they have to be a business. That's why people do it. It ain't like there's any kind of warranty either way and if the shit's stolen there ain't gonna be a title at all. The last car I bought I just bought via a bill of sale and the promise that a motorized title would appear in the mail. The guy I paid was ex military and I saw his house so I trusted him and it was fine.
>>
>>17261369
>The guy I paid was ex military and I saw his house so I trusted him and it was fine.
You mean the random house the paid killer was parked in front of? Dear lord, pull your head out of your ass. That is literally how you buy a stolen car you dipshit.
>>
File: 1414545753775.gif (2MB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1414545753775.gif
2MB, 225x225px
>>17261369
>The guy I paid was ex military and I saw his house so I trusted him and it was fine.
>>
I dont buy used.
>>
>>17261529
damn your reading comprehension is about as retarded as OP
>the paid killer was parked in front of
the fuck does this even mean you fucking autist
>>
>>17261557
I mean the contract killer (soldier) who you for some reason think is morally superior could have parked in front of a random house you dipshit. How fucking thick are you? This literally is the how you fool retards into buying hot cars. Dear lord. What suburb have you been raised in?
>>
>>17261584
>buying hot cars
>with a title
yeah okay buttfucker
>>
>>17257146
I get a bonded title and pay half the asking price. Then I enjoy my fully legal car that cost an extra $50 and 15 min to register.
>>
>>17261369
>You are fucking retarded.

Beaners who live in trailers generally aren't smart.
>>
>>17261601
>The last car I bought I just bought via a bill of sale and the promise that a motorized title would appear in the mail.
lrn 2 read dipshit. also titles can be stolen, double check their license.
>>
>>17261621
He had the physical title when I bought it it just wasn't signed. We signed it and filled in the transfer info then he mailed it to whoever it belonged to, they signed and notorized it and mailed it to us.

>>17261529
I mean, I went inside the house and also met his wife. I suppose the actual homeowners could have been buried in the basement but that seems like a long way to go to flip a ZJ for $750
>>
>>17261726
>i bought from a curbstoner in his own living room
well you left out a bit didn't ya?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.