[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supercars as an "investment"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: lNiWzvA.jpg (124KB, 750x704px) Image search: [Google]
lNiWzvA.jpg
124KB, 750x704px
Recently I've heard supercars mentioned as viable investments but I don't see how any of that shit makes sense.

They showed some guy with a fleet full of newish Aston Martins and Lamborghinis like those were supposed to hold their value. In reality, most of those are easily going to depreciate to somewhere between 1% and 5% of their value within 30-40 years. (I know, I'm pulling those numbers out my ass and they should be taken with a grain of salt). Only a small fraction of them will ever go up in value, that's if you're lucky enough to have guessed which models will eventually develop a cult following. And even that's hardly a guarantee.
>>
>they showed me
who is they
>pulling numbers out of my ass
if you know you're full of shit then why would someone else listen to you
>>
>"I know what I got"
Pretty much this
>>
>>17254687
Only special snowflake limited production exotics appreciate. A 458 will be worth dick all if you stick it in a garage for 20 years, There's too many made. All your going to be left with is puddles of fluids on the floor as your seals rot away.
>>
>>17254701
>who is they

Forgot to mention that this was on some BS "documentary" about how people get rich or some shit.

>if you know you're full of shit then why would someone else listen to you

Please try not to shitpost and to actually contribute.

>>17254704
They won't be able to sell shit for anything approaching the price they paid for it though.

>>17254709
That's almost exactly what I was saying, but somehow my uncle, who is supposed to know a bit about cars and was watching this BS with me, wasn't buying it.
>>
>>17254730
>start thread by saying you don't actually know what you're talking about and are pulling numbers from your ass
>pls dont shitpost :^)
whatever retard
>>
>>17254746
Don't fucking embarrass yourself, this isn't /b/ or some shit.
>>
>>17254687
Cars aren't an investment. Even if they're perfectly preserved, they'll depreciate over time unless they're some sort of collectors' item, and even then you're paying to store them and to prevent them from dry rotting for years. And for what? To make a few thousand dollar profit over a couple decades?
>>
>>17254687
The best investment right now is clean non beaten 70's-80's JDM cars. Everything in that market is going to double within the next 10 years. Including the GTS AE86.
>>
>>17257039
>best investment right now
>30 year old weeb mobile

ever heard of bonds, stocks... the sydney housing market?
>>
>>17254687
>buy a one off morgan
>park in storage for decades
>leave to children
>morgan goes bust or gets wicked famous
>sell as a super rare super cool vintage car
>profet
>>
>>17257069
>the Sydney housing market
>good investment

If you're doing it purely for investments sake that's a ludicrous way to invest right now, unless it's just the high risk segment of your portfolio >>17257114
>>
>>17254687
The Superfast 812 is going to be the last NA V12 car that Ferrari will make. If I had the money I would definitely buy a couple of those in "resale spec" and hold onto them for sure.
>>
>>17257415
Wrong
>>
>>17254687
This only applies to specific cars. Your laferrari's, one-77's, F1's, bugatti's and one off konigseggs/paganis.
>>
>>17254687
If they're just buying random DB9s and Huracans then they will not make money.
The only ones that will go up are limited edition cars. The other problem that newer cars have is that they don't have the racing pedigree that affects the price of most of the current lot of collector cars.
>>
The high end vehicle market is an interesting thing. Someone immersed in that culture can make money, but it's more like gambling. Look at things like the GT3 RS. People bought those, never drove them, and resold them for double what they paid. They are still going up in price.

You can do it, but you better have a couple million to play with.
>>
>>17257479
>it's more like gambling

Spot on. Plus the guy they showed in the "documentary" didn't seem to know shit about what he was doing, as he just had a hangar full of cars that all looked the same. No way in hell those are going to appreciate.
>>
>>17254687
>1%-5%
You've never bought a new vehicle have you?
>>
>>17254687
Cars don't like to sit. A 25 year old Ferrari with a seized motor, rusted through rotors, dry rotted everything and cracked paint isn't worth anything.

And if you drive it you will lose money on maintenance and depreciation as mileage and interior wears.

Storage is also an issue and risk of damage like dropping something in your garage or a roof leak dripping on it etc etc.

That's why tangible goods tend to be bad investments. Guns, cars, watches, jewelry, comic books fucking magic the gathering cards, and action figures are all bad investment avenues.

What's wrong with a high dividend yield share?
>>
>>17258028
I agree with almost all of those except
>Guns have and will be a good investment for the forseeable future. If you buy them intelligently, they are highly liquid and you can make bank playing the collector market and political panic buying. I have never lost money on a gun, ever.
>>
>>17258035
Guns are a so-so investment. At the best they're a buy low, sell high kind of thing and unless it's a rare piece you won't see a particularly high return. I've seen people buy certain guns and sell them used 6 months later for $400 more than they paid but there's little indicators as to which guns will be hot and I find it's so often seemingly random. There's always MUH GUN SCARE sales that really jack up the price but that's largely limited to big political elections.
>>
>>17258035
The same applies to all of those, though.
>>
File: angryfeel.jpg (63KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
angryfeel.jpg
63KB, 700x700px
>>17257039
fuck you
you make me anxious for paying off my college instead of finding the cleanest AW11/AE86 I can
>>
>>17257069

>bonds and stocks

Look at this turbonormie. What, you happy with your 7% annually? Faggot. No. The real future is cryptocurrency.
>>
>>17258110
What is even the big news in cryptocurrency these days? Last I checked Bitcoin crashed or something.
>>
>>17258131

Ethereum is the future. Buy it now and hold until it hits $2K USD. Also right now you can make a ton of money simply by following every pump and dump scam on biz, just jumping off the train before everyone else. Literally made 200% in this past week.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.