[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car stalling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1302290535147.jpg (58KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
1302290535147.jpg
58KB, 600x690px
Car just died on me while driving. Power steering also cut off.
It also wouldnt start for like 5 minutes and I had to hold it in the start position to get it to start.
Immediately got the battery, alternator checked and it said they were fine.
How do I get this diagnosed. This is the second time its happened to me but before I was at a stop light.
>>
What car do u drive?
>>
>>17253877
this happened to me last week
took it into the mechanics, he said the coolant was mixing with the oil and I had a crack in my cylinder head.
so uh, my car's kaput. watch out for yours/
>>
>>17253877
Check the timing belt
>>
>>17253877
Power steering stops working when the car dies so that's unrelated. Could be a timing sensor or something? Some sort of fail safe, idk shes sounds fuckin fucked m8 big time
>>
>>17253907
Why was the coolant mixing with the oil? They're two separate systems. Even then what is ethylene glycol going to do to oil?
>>
>>17253940
there was a crack, so the coolant was leaking into the intake and mixing with the oil. The problem is that there isn't any coolant anymore, and you cant put more in because it'll just leak again.
>>
>>17253877
Could be any number of things, so start that you have spark, then fuel flow, battery/engine grounds, detached vacuum hose...see if you've got a buddy that can lend you an obdII reader...
>>
>>17253902
its a 2004 v6 camry
>>17253907
that sounds very serious. what else was wrong. My car runs good so I dont somethings wrong with my engine.
>>
>>17253955
But wouldnt your car run hot?
>>17253957
i was across the street from an auto store when it happened. When it cut on 5 minutes later I went over there and every thing was fine. battery/alternator. Not engine lights though Ive had one before that was throttle related, it didnt come back on this time.
>>
>>17254779
>But wouldnt your car run hot?
Considering it isn't going to run anymore, I don't think anon is worried about that.

It's like when I got wrecked by a red light runner, and I locked my keys in the truck. I broke a window to get the paperwork for the cop. It isn't being driven again, so I don't think a broken window is a problem.
>>
>>17255909
You miss the point. A car running hot is a symptom of the issue. Your broken window is unrelated to the main issue.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.