[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how to import engines? I want to swap a Ford

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: images-3.jpg (33KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
33KB, 470x313px
Does anyone know how to import engines?
I want to swap a Ford Barra turbo into a Crown Vic PI
>>
probably some dumb loophole where if the engine is "inoperable" it counts as parts instead of an engine and thus get's around the EPA import shit.
>>
>>17251998
>Ford Barra turbo
My nigga. I'd mail you one if I knew how.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>17252008
>loophole where if the engine is "inoperable" it counts as parts instead of an engine and thus get's around the EPA import shit

>america
>free country

>>17251998
call someone in australia to put one on a crate and ship it to you, they cost like $800 anything more depends on where you live
>>
>go to engine importer
>request engine
>pay them
>kys
>>
Why don't people swap barras instead of JZs or RBs?
>>
>>17252008
What? It's for a "track" car you idiot. EPA doesn't cover shit.
>>
>>17252409
The EPA does in fact cover engine imports.
Whether you declare it as such is up to you.

Idiot.
>>
>>17252405
because americans are cucked with import and epa bullshit

They COULD get a 25 year old 4.0 intec and put some forged internals in it and get a similar engine but what they really need is the barra and its 14 years old atm, thats still 11 years to go
>>
>>17252414
You can import it, you just can't legally register it. At least in any state that does inspections. You can use it for off highway though.
>>
>>17252419
Yeah, vvti 2js and rbs are just as illegal as a barra here. But as long as you don't live somewhere like California, you will never get in trouble for it.
>>
File: 1486343962602.png (218KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1486343962602.png
218KB, 414x415px
>tfw really wanna swap this into a thunderbird
>>
>>17252405
I imagine the size is a bit of an issue. Its a very tall engine not to mention long
>>
>>17252405
Its a noticeably larger engine, for one.
Barra
Bore:92.26mm
Stroke:99.31mm

2JZ-GTE
Bore:86mm
Stroke: 86mm

You wouldn't be able to fit that much bore and stroke in a 2JZ block so the Barra's is bigger.
>>
File: images (82).jpg (20KB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
images (82).jpg
20KB, 429x343px
>>17254838
This. A great engine with lots of torque but the long stroke limits its ability to rev. I have heard of people destroking the Barra though. Up until the 90s you could get a 3.2L.
>>
File: IMG_1871.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1871.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>daily drive a BA Falcon
dont get n/a, its not worth it for the price you'll pay after everything else

other than that, great engines. Smooth, torquey and reliable
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.